RemedySpot.com

Thank you!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello,

I just wanted to thank all of you for your warm welcome. I have joined many online groups (DS, FASD, Myopathy) in the past but always felt like an outsider as a new member. Your kindness and words of encouragement mean so much to me.

I have enjoyed getting to know a little bit about you and your children and I hope I will be a part of this group for years to come. It is my desire to, eventually, be a help to all of you and your families. Right now this dual diagnosis area is new terrritory for me so I might be asking more questions than helping to answer some - I hope you understand.

As far as Blake's health, he is doing well. He was born with cataracts in both eyes and had some hearing loss. He just had his (hopefully) last eye surgery last June and his hearing has been within the normal range since he had surgery and tubes at age 1. We almost lost him when he was 6 weeks old secondary to having RSV - I think breastfeeding him helped. He also was hospitalized in 2010 and 2011 with pneumonia but has been doing fine since.

One question, do any of you have any tips for getting Blake potty-trained? We have tried just about everything. He doesn't seem to mind having a wet or soiled pull-up. He even wets through his pants and rarely says anything.

Thank you!

Stauffer