RemedySpot.com

Terry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

<<He hasn't been checked for orthostatic hypotension. I remember my older son was checked one time for that because he was getting dizzy when he stood up. Do they think that has something to do with Gareth's seizures?>>

Terry.....Gareth's OH can look just like a grand mal seizure. He goes straight as a board, eyes rollback, and he sometimes pees on himself. VERY SCARY !!! The doc says that his BP drops so low that the heart stops but the body *kicks starts* itself. I forgot the words that they used. He was dx;d with OH at age 15 and they said he would out grow it. Well, he never did and it had gotten worse. Last Nov, they put him on Fludrocort to raise his blood pressure. I was told to give him as much salty treats (ie. potato chips) as he wanted!!! Please, go to this web site, type in each med that is on in the Search line, Click on the med name, and then, go to Adverse affects. Many of these meds will cause psychotic episodes or nightmares. If you don't know what a word means, then copy that word, and Google it. Once you find the med that may be causing the problem, tell the doc that you would prefer to change that med. Remember, you're his voice!!!

http://search.medscape.com/reference-search

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret