RemedySpot.com

Re: Viral shedding

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi michelle, i am sorry to hear this, but it does sound that your body is

improving through the continous sickness, zachary was not so well at the

beginning of valtrex but then he improved with the neurofen 3 months later, as i

didnt want to give him steroids, [not quite sure why as it might help his weight

gain] but i think if you perservere you will improve, how is harry doing ? ps.

zach now seems to do well on acyclovir at present but we are just about to

switch to valtrex again...but he has been on them since sept, and when i did

acyclovir 2.5 years ago he was quite ill back then, now that his immune system

is rapidly improving so therefore is the anti virals, Isobel

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Harry has been on aciclovir for 6 weeks now, prior to that i did alot of

natural antivirals, I seem to be constantly ill since starting antivirals with

him,Im guessing this is what they called viral shedding, anyone know how long

before they stop viral shedding, its getting beyond a joke how often im getting

ill now. Thanks x

>

Guest guest

Hi Isobel Harry is fine, he did have a few days when he had temperature but this was only last week, week 5 of antivirals before this he was fine no side effects whatsoever, makes me think he is not on a high enough dose, since he is fine and obviouslyu shedding and everyone around him is dropping like flys, my boyfriend has been ill for 3 weeks now, shingles internally and off to hospital today as still feeling dreadfully ill and he doesnt even live with us, i am what seems forever fighting something, this week it is viral laryngitis with a head cold. x To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: isobelwizza@...Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:12:02 +0000Subject: Re: Viral shedding

hi michelle, i am sorry to hear this, but it does sound that your body is improving through the continous sickness, zachary was not so well at the beginning of valtrex but then he improved with the neurofen 3 months later, as i didnt want to give him steroids, [not quite sure why as it might help his weight gain] but i think if you perservere you will improve, how is harry doing ? ps. zach now seems to do well on acyclovir at present but we are just about to switch to valtrex again...but he has been on them since sept, and when i did acyclovir 2.5 years ago he was quite ill back then, now that his immune system is rapidly improving so therefore is the anti virals, Isobel

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Harry has been on aciclovir for 6 weeks now, prior to that i did alot of natural antivirals, I seem to be constantly ill since starting antivirals with him,Im guessing this is what they called viral shedding, anyone know how long before they stop viral shedding, its getting beyond a joke how often im getting ill now. Thanks x

>

Guest guest

Hi

dreadful isn't it? We saw that in our house with Cease but to a lot lesser extent of what you are seeing , I was sick with a flu like .....but we are seeing positives as well DS done a SALT assessment yesterday where she asked him a lot of questions about feelings which would have send him ragging and running , instead by pointing he answered them all, my jaw was on the floor.

I can wait for Dr G to say DS very low cholesterol is sorted so we can think about virals as I am sure we will see more gains.

Guest guest

Thanks , I have emailed Dr G at Sincere Health, i do feel Harry needs a higher dose of aciclovir and hopefully that will stop him shedding and therefore stop us getting ill. Home schooling has grinded to a halt today as i have completely lost my voice. x To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: cmdsdias@...Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:40:03 -0400Subject: Re: Re: Viral shedding

Hi

dreadful isn't it? We saw that in our house with Cease but to a lot lesser extent of what you are seeing , I was sick with a flu like .....but we are seeing positives as well DS done a SALT assessment yesterday where she asked him a lot of questions about feelings which would have send him ragging and running , instead by pointing he answered them all, my jaw was on the floor.

I can wait for Dr G to say DS very low cholesterol is sorted so we can think about virals as I am sure we will see more gains.

Guest guest

I love this, congratulations!

Mx

but we are seeing positives as well DS done a SALT assessment yesterday where she asked him a lot of questions about feelings which would have send him ragging and running , instead by pointing he answered them all, my jaw was on the floor

Guest guest

thanks, Mandi.

>

> I love this, congratulations!

>

> Mx

>

>

> In a message dated 25/04/2012 11:40:09 GMT Daylight Time, cmdsdias@...

> writes:

>

> but we are seeing positives as well DS done a SALT assessment yesterday

> where she asked him a lot of questions about feelings which would have send

> him ragging and running , instead by pointing he answered them all, my jaw

> was on the floor

>

Guest guest

He doesn't need facilitation, he needs motivation, I have never seen him do it but Tom and Joe have to find his youtube stuff, he can type and spell for that. We tried him on a friends son alphabet board, no interest at all, school are going to try with an ipad, he is so stubborn, nowt to do with autism, that's just genes

Mx

Mandi, that is so cool. Has Sam ever tried facilitated communication or one of those?

Guest guest

Mandi, I have similar with re: motivation, in his case it's definitely the autism because outside of destruction and climbing he has no interest in things. It's been a constant problem on home programme because they really rely on that motivation either being there or being cultivated, but no joy here.

He has some interest in ipad but mainly ITVplayer which probably satisfies his short attention span because he can flick around as and when he fancies without having to master any tricky controls.

The reason I put this down to his autism is because poor play skills were the first red flag in both my boys and stubborn doesn't explain apathy to this level, he just couldn't give a hoot about anything.

Vicky