RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Introduction/Diet? HOW did you quit smoking?????

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello all; still have to go to a civilian Doctor to see if I do have hep C but the Doctor I have at

the Va tells me to keep on smoking ; U see I have ADHD & Bi Polar no wonder I

switch jobs & states & moved so much ; I even switch major discipline in College & became a teacher

in about 4 states & I guess I carried this Hep C with me if I have it: ????

From dietcian to High school teacher!!! NOW QUIT THAT & just sell on the internet:: (my product)

But I cured my HBP by switching to SOY MILK & lowered my HBP by 100 pts No meds::

Also lost about another 15lbs & Doc says do not lose any more weight (smile) Allergic to alot of meds

SO EVRYONE IS DIFFERENT GUESS I WAS LACTOSE INTOLERANCE I know I cannot have any meds even over the counter with HCL in it :: Cannot even go into a pool with that stuff in it: HCL is Bleach

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

CONNIE

P.S. Guess what have not heard back from the Insurance Company for Life Insurance I guess I am too much of a RISK !!!!!

-- how were you able to quit smoking? It's the 1 addiction I've never been able to shake. It dawned on me the other day ( while I was smoking,) that here I was worrying about what the Hep C is doing to

my body and am I going to die from it all while I'm SMOKIN!!! Like the cigs aren't gonna kill me. I know they are VERY hard on my liver as well...Hope things start going better for you. I did read before

that being overweight( I am by about 30 lbs.) adversely affects tx., especially if it's " belly fat " ...Debbie2- In HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies , Newton

wrote:>> > Subject: RE: [HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Introduction> > To: HepatitisCSupportGr oupForDummies@ yahoogroups. com> > Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 9:16 AM

> > > > Thanks! I guess I'm not too bad off! > > I've lost 120 pounds since the first of the year, and> the doc says that greatly improves my chances of a successful

treatment. > > m > > > From:> HepatitisCSupportGr oupForDummies@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:HepatitisCS> upportGroupForDu mmies@yahoogroup s.com] On Behalf Of Newton

> > Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:47 PM> > To: HepatitisCSupportGr oupForDummies@ yahoogroups. com> > Subject: Re: [HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Introduction >

> > > > > Welcome back, my name is and joined group in August of this year.> I have HCV, ESLD, encephalopathy. esophageal varices, etc found out> 16 months ago after gall bladder surgery. Am a alcoholic but

clean for 15> 1/2 months and ex smoker for 5 months. Bloodwork looking good right now.> Won't treat HCV until I lose 40 pounds which I insist is fluid but what do> I know. Anyways thats a litle bout me and again welcome and I

myself don't> know what I would do without this group. > > > > > > > 'Be kinder than necessary > > because everyone you meet is fighting

> > some kind of battle. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>> > Subject: [HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Introduction

> > To: HepatitisCSupportGr oupForDummies@ yahoogroups. com> > Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 7:13 AM > > > > Hi, my name is . I was a member of this group before,

> but had subscribed to too many groups, and cut this one. I left one> of the groups I kept because of a disagreement; a mod was providing false> information and insisting it was accurate. My position was and

always> will be that one should trust their doctor, but if you find you can't, then> it's time to get a new doctor. They're only human and they make> mistakes but they have the real-world experience (and full

background> information) to make decisions. Of course, it's important to provide> that background information. Medicine should make sense, and if it> doesn't, ask questions or get a second opinion!

> > I am 53 years and married to a wonderfully supportive woman who only> happens to be a pediatric nurse. She does look out for me> though. She attends all of my appointments, since my memory is

at> issue. I am also a recovering addict and did anything and everything> for 20 years. When I finally went to treatment, I was injecting> cocaine, which I am sure is how I contracted this virus. I've

been clean> and sober for 20 years now. For over 10 years I worked as a substance> abuse counselor and went to school, culminating in a Master's degree in> Addiction Psychology. I've also taught psychology at the local

> community college. > > My disease has progressed to Late Stage Liver Disease (LSLD => cirrhosis, but my liver isn't in immediate danger of shutting down) and I> have developed hepatic y,encephalopath which is doing permanent

> neurological damage. I can't work anymore. My memory is shot,> the fog is terrible and I'm losing my sense of balance, so I walk with a> cane. I can walk about a block, maybe two small ones, but

that's> about it. Stairs are a killer. In September I was> hospitalized for 5 days due to the encephalopathy. > > Currently, I am undergoing my third treatment. This time around> I am doing Infergen, which is a daily injectable form of

interferon. > My second treatment was cut short by the insurance company. I was> supposed to go 72 weeks, but they stopped it at 52. After several> weeks of fighting with them, I was approved for the full 72

weeks. > So, I've been on treatment almost 2 years, with only a short break> in-between the two treatments. As my hemoglobin tends to drop, I am> also on Procrit. > > I have great doctors, including a hepatologist and internist.

I've> had trouble with psychiatrists (I have mental health issues as well) but> recently the insurance company approved for me to go see the shrink I'd> seen for many years, but had to stop because of insurance (he's

not> in-network). I've applied for SS disability, but was turned down> twice. They said that since I had my arms and legs, I couldn't be> considered disabled! My attorney is appealing this decision,

but my> understanding is that we are now waiting for a hearing with a judicial judge> which could take up to 2 years. Our money will not last much longer,> so this is a source of stress as well.

> > Well, I guess that's enough for now. Even typing this much> wears me out, though I can work a mouse without too much trouble. > > > J Matchinsky >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- check out web page www.zip-fix.com or www.zipfix.net and my group on Yahoo ZIPPER REPAIR

Debbie2..... I quit drinking 16 months ago and that was a lot more rough than I thought it would be but I just stopped. With smoking, it was myself talking to myself again LOL.... and I quote "self,... you already showed them Dr's that you did not die within 6 months, so I again told myself if I want to speed this dragon and other diseases I have up, go ahead,..... and light that fire (cigarette) for the dragon," The next morning I dared the dragon to light it for me. he doesn't have the $# & # & to and that was it. I had tried several times to quit and many ways. I picked a day like lets say for you...Christmas Day. Besides the fact that you are not

giving the dragon a light for Christmas, imagine how excited your body will be and greatful for the present of being "a non smoker" and your family members and even your Dr. Look at all that money saved on presents this year. I still have my moments. Just have to find something to do with your hands. It's inevitable we are all going to die. And with these diseases we have, tha want to speed things up. So WHY give in to these diseases. We are DRAGON SLAYERS and we have the power and will to fight !!!!!!! 'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

> From: Matchinsky <mmatchinsky@ gmail.com>

>

> Subject: [HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Introduction

>

> To: HepatitisCSupportGr oupForDummies@ yahoogroups. com

>

> Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 7:13 AM

>

>

>

> Hi, my name is . I was a member of this group before,

> but had subscribed to too many groups, and cut this one. I

left one

> of the groups I kept because of a disagreement; a mod was

providing false

> information and insisting it was accurate. My position was and

always

> will be that one should trust their doctor, but if you find you

can't, then

> it's time to get a new doctor. They're only human and they make

> mistakes but they have the real-world experience (and full

background

> information) to make decisions. Of course, it's important to

provide

> that background information. Medicine should make sense, and

if it

> doesn't, ask questions or get a second opinion!

>

> I am 53 years and married to a wonderfully supportive woman who

only

> happens to be a pediatric nurse. She does look out for me

> though. She attends all of my appointments, since my memory is

at

> issue. I am also a recovering addict and did anything and

everything

> for 20 years. When I finally went to treatment, I was injecting

> cocaine, which I am sure is how I contracted this virus. I've

been clean

> and sober for 20 years now. For over 10 years I worked as a

substance

> abuse counselor and went to school, culminating in a Master's

degree in

> Addiction Psychology. I've also taught psychology at the local

> community college.

>

> My disease has progressed to Late Stage Liver Disease (LSLD =

> cirrhosis, but my liver isn't in immediate danger of shutting

down) and I

> have developed hepatic y,encephalopath which is doing permanent

> neurological damage. I can't work anymore. My memory is shot,

> the fog is terrible and I'm losing my sense of balance, so I

walk with a

> cane. I can walk about a block, maybe two small ones, but

that's

> about it. Stairs are a killer. In September I was

> hospitalized for 5 days due to the encephalopathy.

>

> Currently, I am undergoing my third treatment. This time around

> I am doing Infergen, which is a daily injectable form of

interferon.

> My second treatment was cut short by the insurance company. I

was

> supposed to go 72 weeks, but they stopped it at 52. After

several

> weeks of fighting with them, I was approved for the full 72

weeks.

> So, I've been on treatment almost 2 years, with only a short

break

> in-between the two treatments. As my hemoglobin tends to drop,

I am

> also on Procrit.

>

> I have great doctors, including a hepatologist and internist.

I've

> had trouble with psychiatrists (I have mental health issues as

well) but

> recently the insurance company approved for me to go see the

shrink I'd

> seen for many years, but had to stop because of insurance (he's

not

> in-network). I've applied for SS disability, but was turned

down

> twice. They said that since I had my arms and legs, I couldn't

be

> considered disabled! My attorney is appealing this decision,

but my

> understanding is that we are now waiting for a hearing with a

judicial judge

> which could take up to 2 years. Our money will not last much

longer,

> so this is a source of stress as well.

>

> Well, I guess that's enough for now. Even typing this much

> wears me out, though I can work a mouse without too much

trouble.

>

>

> J Matchinsky

>

>

>

>

>