RemedySpot.com

Thank you

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I thank all of you for your very kind responses, as I go through my personal " stuff " and very raw emotions on this issue.

My family and friends remind me that " saying nothing " is what many people did before Hitler took over some great countries, one at a time, and caused such evil... Who knows what could have happened if more people spoke up about injustice back then, when they had the freedom to do just that?

Look at the success with Amazon! How quickly that " rot " was removed, when people spoke up!

Thanks again!

I'm glad you didn't " Say nothing " .  I think the example of the Holocaust shows where this type of thinking can lead.  Any time we dehumanize a group, we open a door that really needs to stay shut (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone

In response:

The book is gone now from Amazon, but the picture on the front cover was clearly of a person who has typical " DS " features, and this is a group for Dual Diagnosis people, which includes DS.

(So, it was an obvious conclusion that the narrative you sent, somehow related to DS people, seeing how my aunt was called " Mongoloid " ...)...THAT is what I was responding to...

Take a look at this (if you can):

http://www.cracked.com/article_14837_raising-your-mentally-retarded-child.html

They call it " comedy " ...I don't...

(still crying tears of remembrance, for ignorance I hope will never return to the human race)

Right now, I wish I had just " said nothing " , and kept my feelings to myself.

Going back and rereading my post, I was referring to the mongoloids, not people with Down syndrome, who may have been referred to as Mongoloids. Your reference to treatment of people with Down syndrome was not even mentioned in the passage stated, was it?

> > >> > > I was just sent this email by our local DS Chapter President. I am

> > really shocked and speechless. I am passing this along in hopes that maybe> > we can stop the sale of this offensive book.> > >> > >> > >> > > From: TDSN [mailto:TDSN ] On Behalf Of

> > leigh@> >

> > > Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:10 AM> > > To: tdsn > > > Subject: [TDSN] Fw: [DSALF] Amazon selling book titled " Your Mongoloid,

> > Tips For Care and Feeding " > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

> > >> > >> > >> > > [DSALF] Amazon selling book titled " Your Mongoloid, Tips For

> > Care and Feeding " > > >> > >> > >> > > Amazon is selling an ebook entitled " Your Mongoloid, Tips for Care and> > Feeding " . The link is being shared on facebook and complaints are rolling

> > into Amazon as I type this. You can see an excerpt of the book below this> > message (warning, it's HIGHLY OFFENSIVE).> > >> > > PLEASE contact Amazon to report this book as offensive and ask them to

> > remove it immediately.> > >> > > The link to the book page is here <> > http://www.amazon.com/Your-Mongoloid-Tips-Feeding-ebook/dp/B007TD93AY/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text & ie=UTF8 & qid=1334457086 & sr=1-2>

> > .> > >> > > You can write a review or report the content as inappropriate using> > links on the page. You can also go to Amazon's Customer Service page <> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8 & nodeId=518316>

> > and send an email indicating your outrage at this book being sold by> > Amazon.> >> > >> > > Amy > > > Executive Director> > > Down Syndrome Guild

> > > of Greater Kansas City> > > > > > amy@> > >> > >> > >> > >

> > > <

> > http://d188rgcu4zozwl.cloudfront.net/content/B007TD93AY/images/cover.jpg>> > >> > > YOUR MONGOLOID

> > >> > > Tips for care and feeding> > >> > > By Shane Koch> > >> > >> > >> > > PART ONE: HISTORY OF THE MONGOLOID: A BRIEF OVERVIEW

> > >> > > Origin of the species> > >> > > The origin of the common mongoloid was a hotly debated topic. They were> > once thought to have sprung fully formed from dung heaps and waste pits.

> > Early alchemists theorized that these mysterious creatures were natural> > homunculi, hatched in swamps, extrapolating their theories from the false> > idea of abiogenesis, taught by Aristotle himself.

> > >> > > " From the dank and vile recesses of the filthy swamp, among the snakes> > and toads, these malformed abominations slither forth into the world of> > man. The hatchlings cling to their mother's back like the offspring of the

> > spider, as she slinks through the muck and the slime " . †" > > Paltournus (1542)> >> > >> > > Alchemists thought that the building blocks of life were in such

> > abundance in the wild that mongoloids simply began existing out of a> > vacuum. Hogwash, yes, but not at the time. The myth of the naturally> > occurring mongoloid held sway over the `scientific' community for many

> > centuries. When evolutionary theories began springing up in the popular> > consciousness, it was first suggested that Homo Mongoloidus was an> > evolutionary offshoot of Homo-Sapien. Though this idea is repugnant and

> > laughable by today's standards, this theory was commonly believed for> > several hundred years, until modern science finally answered the question> > once and for all.> > >

> > > " It is now evident, and incontrovertible, that the mongoloid is not an> > evolutionary ancestor of the human. The micro-biological, chemical, and> > para-anthropological experiments my team has performed over the last decade

> > have finally yielded concrete results. Homo Mongoloidus is a mammal very> > much like a human, sharing many of the same traits and DNA, but it has most> > certainly reached the end of its evolutionary process chain. The mongoloid

> > is frozen now in the amber of time, never to move past its genetic> > limitations, and unable to grow, mature, or change as a species, neither in> > a macro or micro-evolutionary sense. We have been able to determine that

> > the mongoloid is a dead-end genetic subset of the Homo Erectus Fetidus, or> > the ancient Block-Headed Swamp Ape, also known as The Alligator Monkey, or> > the Pleistocene Primate Platypus " . †" Dr. Honan Davenport (1966 Journal of

> > Evolutionary Microbiological Nomenclature)> >> > >> > > So now we know that though the mongoloid looks human, can speak and> > follow simple directions, and can add value to society as a companion or a

> > pet, it is not human, and should not be treated as such. It should be> > treated with care and respect, but never forget that the common mongoloid> > is, at heart, a dangerous wild animal.

> > >> > > EARLY HISTORY> > >> > > The term mongoloid is derived from the ancient Sumerian word mong, which> > means `Devourer of Crops'. In Egypt they were known as the Pehft, or `River

> > People'. The early mongoloid was a migratory species, and most early> > cultures encountered them. Packs of wild mongoloids roamed the world,> > feeding on crops or livestock, and they frequently clashed with the

> > indigenous peoples of various lands. The mongoloid was the feared outsider,> > the suspicious thing, the thief, the child-snatcher, the rape-artist of> > ancient history. In many parts of the world they were hunted to near

> > extinction. That, coupled with the murderous, incestuous, and generally> > unhealthy lifestyle of the mongoloid, kept their populations low. They soon> > learned that they could not coexist with the denizens of the civilized

> > world, so they gradually started to keep to themselves, becoming reclusive> > and dangerous, achieving the status of living myths and legends in many> > cultures.> > >> > > " Touchest thou not the unclean creature of the shadow, the eaters of the

> > dead, the slayers of children, the defilers of the Sabbath, for they are> > not the children of God, and they know not his love or his grace. " †" Job> > 21: 17> >> > >

> > > The Asian people had a particularly eventful shared history with the> > mongoloid. The early Asian people were one of the only civilizations that> > made a serious attempt to live in harmony with the mongoloid species. The

> > Great Acceptance, as this open-armed approach to relations with the> > mongoloid was called, is now widely regarded as one of the most tragic> > mistakes ever committed in the history of humankind. All over Asia, the

> > mongoloid was welcomed as an equal, allowed to own property and mingle with> > human Asian citizens. What followed were centuries of bloodshed, war, rape,> > and strife that caused a massive splintering of Asian society. The

> > mongoloid gene overpowered the weaker Asian genetic code, and over the> > years, all Asian peoples began to exhibit physical similarities. The> > population attempted to avoid this genetic subjugation by breaking up their

> > population, but it was too late. Now the Asian people bear the ancient and> > shameful physical scars of their foolish ancestors in the form of their> > slight frames, unruly hair, and almond-shaped eyes.

> > >> >> > > >>

=