RemedySpot.com

RE: How many of us here are in their 60s?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey Dick. Sorry to hear about your tx not working out. Seems that is my situation as of last week. My doctor is halting treatment because I am a non responder. I am looking for some advice. The depression factor is starting to set in. Do you take anti depression meds? I have really been trying to not go that route but I am isolating way too much and I know it is not normal. Any good advice for alternatives to being a non responder? And how long did it take for the tx to get out of your system once you stopped. Thank you, Mike

Subject: How many of us here are in their 60s?To: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 7:21 PM

Hi All,I am 65...a Vietnam Veteran...did TX for all of 2005....non- responder. I get my health care from the Veterans Administration and am not service connected for any compensation. I get checked twice a year with blood tests and ultra sound. I supervise 5 Veteran Service Officers that write compensation claims for veterans in California. I fly over 50,000 miles a year doing meeting planning in 6 states and attend meeting in Washington, DC, 4 times a year. I just arrived home from a 4 day event in Sacramento. http://www.cavietna mmemorial. com/ I was on the planning committee and traveled to Sacramento, a 4 hour round trip, 16 times since January to attend meetings. I belong to too many other community organizations to mention here and was the Chairman for an annual 4 day festival in my town for 16 years from 1991 to

2007, when my veteran activities became more important than the local festival and I passed it on to others. I don't have time to be feeling bad about anything including HCV.DickA Dummies ModeratorTuolumne, California

I can't give you any advice on meds for anything.

I did the TX meds with 4 Tylenol Extra Strength a day and that is all.

Different strokes for different folks.

I didn't have any depression then or now. The psychiatrists quit asking

me to do their survey after a couple of months into TX and told me to

call them if I needed them. I didn't and don't.

Although it has been 3 years since TX, I don't think the meds took too

long to get out of my system. Oh, and my hair grew back to mid back

length and I did gain back the 40 pounds I lost during TX.

Dick

At 07:31 PM 12/14/2008, you wrote:

Hey Dick. Sorry to hear about

your tx not working out. Seems that is my situation as of last week. My

doctor is halting treatment because I am a non responder. I am looking

for some advice. The depression factor is starting to set in. Do you take

anti depression meds? I have really been trying to not go that route but

I am isolating way too much and I know it is not normal. Any good advice

for alternatives to being a non responder? And how long did it take for

the tx to get out of your system once you stopped. Thank you,

Mike

Wow Dick…

three years already? It just doesn’t seem like that long. Time is

really snowballing me, lol.

But you

were done shortly before I was. Wow again.

Although it has been 3 years since TX, I don't think the meds took too long to

get out of my system. Oh, and my hair grew back to mid back length and I did

gain back the 40 pounds I lost during TX.

Dick

Time flies when you're having fun.

At 08:17 PM 12/14/2008, you wrote:

Wow Dick… three years

already? It just doesn't seem like that long. Time is really snowballing

me, lol.

But you were done shortly before I was. Wow again.

Although it has been 3 years since TX, I don't think the meds took too

long to get out of my system. Oh, and my hair grew back to mid back

length and I did gain back the 40 pounds I lost during TX.

Dick

-Durn Dick, you just wore me out reading about your travels. SO, it's

great that your health is apparently pretty good despite the fact that

treatment didn't work. Do you use any supplements, any certain diet

that you're on? YOU just go to show that we can never be sure what this

disease has in store for us. Congratulations & Best Wishes to

you...Debbie2-- In HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ,

Dick Southern wrote:

>

> Hi All,

>

> I am 65...a Vietnam Veteran...did TX for all of

> 2005....non-responder.

No diet and no supplements.

At 10:38 PM 12/14/2008, you wrote:

-Durn Dick, you just wore me out

reading about your travels. SO, it's

great that your health is apparently pretty good despite the fact that

treatment didn't work. Do you use any supplements, any certain diet

that you're on? YOU just go to show that we can never be sure what this

disease has in store for us. Congratulations & Best Wishes to

you...Debbie2-- In HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ,

Dick Southern wrote:

>

> Hi All,

>

> I am 65...a Vietnam Veteran...did TX for all of

> 2005....non-responder.

I am surprised the doctor didn't put you on anti depressants during treatment.That is the normal procedure because of the sides of treatment. See your doctor and do what he says cause it is for your own good. Get out of the house and join the world again. What treatment you recieved has given you more time for another treatment to come along. Treatment whether successful or not does heal the liver enough to give us the extra time we need for another form of treatment in a few yrs. Your doctor will fill you in on that and what other options you have.

Gail

How many of us here are in their 60s?To: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 7:21 PM

Hi All,I am 65...a Vietnam Veteran...did TX for all of 2005....non- responder. I get my health care from the Veterans Administration and am not service connected for any compensation. I get checked twice a year with blood tests and ultra sound. I supervise 5 Veteran Service Officers that write compensation claims for veterans in California. I fly over 50,000 miles a year doing meeting planning in 6 states and attend meeting in Washington, DC, 4 times a year. I just arrived home from a 4 day event in Sacramento. http://www.cavietna mmemorial. com/ I was on the planning committee and traveled to Sacramento, a 4 hour round trip, 16 times since January to attend meetings. I belong to too many other community organizations to mention here and was the Chairman for an annual 4 day festival in my town for 16 years from 1991 to 2007, when my veteran activities became more important than the local festival and I passed it on to others. I don't have time to be feeling bad about anything including HCV.DickA Dummies ModeratorTuolumne, California

Dick

I know I am not the one who should be writing you because of my age alone, 24. I just wanted to say that I am glad to hear that even though you have a lot on your plate you dont let HCV get you down.

Subject: How many of us here are in their 60s?To: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Sunday, December 14, 2008, 7:21 PM

Hi All,I am 65...a Vietnam Veteran...did TX for all of 2005....non- responder. I get my health care from the Veterans Administration and am not service connected for any compensation. I get checked twice a year with blood tests and ultra sound. I supervise 5 Veteran Service Officers that write compensation claims for veterans in California. I fly over 50,000 miles a year doing meeting planning in 6 states and attend meeting in Washington, DC, 4 times a year. I just arrived home from a 4 day event in Sacramento. http://www.cavietna mmemorial. com/ I was on the planning committee and traveled to Sacramento, a 4 hour round trip, 16 times since January to attend meetings. I belong to too many other community organizations to mention here and was the Chairman for an annual 4 day festival in my town for 16 years from 1991 to

2007, when my veteran activities became more important than the local festival and I passed it on to others. I don't have time to be feeling bad about anything including HCV.DickA Dummies ModeratorTuolumne, California

Thanks.....maybe staying busy keeps the dragon at bay.

At 06:38 AM 12/15/2008, you wrote:

Dick

I know I am not the one who should be writing you because of my age

alone, 24. I just wanted to say that I am glad to hear that even though

you have a lot on your plate you dont let HCV get you down.