RemedySpot.com

RE: Right to Education until 25

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Let’s hope they get a move on with it – they seem to be moving very swiftly on with all the cut backs!! From: Autism-Biomedical-Europe [mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe ] On Behalf Of Mum231ASD@...Sent: 09 May 2012 20:16To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Subject: Right to Education until 25 Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people. Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years – providing ‘statutory protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of Special Educational Needs’.

Guest guest

Yes indeed! Sam's school have applied for college status, everything crossed, that would be my first choice that he stays near home

Mx

Let’s hope they get a move on with it – they seem to be moving very swiftly on with all the cut backs!!

From: Autism-Biomedical-Europe [mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe ] On Behalf Of Mum231ASD@...Sent: 09 May 2012 20:16To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Subject: Right to Education until 25

Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people. Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years – providing ‘statutory protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of Special Educational Needs’.

Guest guest

I was told by a (very well informed) NAS trainer last week that there had been a

recent court ruling that Statements ended on a child's 19th birthday. I was

horrified becasue I had always read that the Statement carried on until the end

of the school year after the 19th birthday. Henry is a September baby and so as

things are at the moment he would lose his statement nearly a whole school year

earlier tham I had thought was the case, so I hope the law changes in this

respect very soon.

Margaret

>

>

>

> Let’s hope they get a move on with it †" they seem to be moving very

swiftly on with all the cut backs!!

>

>

>

> From: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

[mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe ] On Behalf Of Mum231ASD@...

> Sent: 09 May 2012 20:16

> To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> Subject: Right to Education until 25

>

>

>

>

>

> Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal right

to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people. Ministers

said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an Education, Health and

Care Plan from birth to 25 years †" providing ‘statutory protections

comparable to those currently associated with the statement of Special

Educational Needs’.

>

Guest guest

They shouldn't complete this process surely while the law remains that

Statements end at 16 unless a child is still at a school? Colleges don't count

as schools for this purpose so every child aged 16 and above would lose their

protection from their Statement if they did this, I think.

Margaret

>

> Yes indeed! Sam's school have applied for college status, everything

> crossed, that would be my first choice that he stays near home

> Mx

>

>

> In a message dated 09/05/2012 22:02:55 GMT Daylight Time,

> autism_forums@... writes:

>

>

>

>

>

> Let’s hope they get a move on with it †" they seem to be moving very

> swiftly on with all the cut backs!!

>

>

> From: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> [mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe ] On Behalf Of Mum231ASD@...

> Sent: 09 May 2012 20:16

> To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> Subject: Right to Education until 25

>

>

>

>

>

> Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal

> right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people.

> Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an

> Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years †" providing

‘statutory

> protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of

> Special Educational Needs’.

>

Guest guest

Its an add on and not on same site, they can offer supported living already, Priors Court are converting cottages on their premises to offer 19-25 provision after asking SS depts if they will pay when its done, that was hard (!) but many got it through, not sure if my mates son made it in but no where else would take him and he's a danger in the home to his mother physically, must mail her

Mx

They shouldn't complete this process surely while the law remains that Statements end at 16 unless a child is still at a school? Colleges don't count as schools for this purpose so every child aged 16 and above would lose their protection from their Statement if they did this, I think.Margaret>> Yes indeed! Sam's school have applied for college status, everything > crossed, that would be my first choice that he stays near home> Mx> > > > > > > > > Let’s hope they get a move on with it â€" they seem to be moving very > swiftly on with all the cut backs!! > > > From: Autism-Biomedical-Europe > [mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe ] On Behalf Of Mum231ASD@...> Sent: 09 May 2012 20:16> To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe > Subject: Right to Education until 25> > > > > > Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal > right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people. > Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an > Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years â€" providing ‘statutory > protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of > Special Educational Needs’.>

Guest guest

This sounds good?! or am I being naive?! I was just thinking today what is the situation legally regarding colleges, further education etc, ie does it have to be provided in the way education does? So if you find a college you like and it is out of county then do you go to tribunnal the same process as with schools/ABA etc? Time marching on isn't it? Di x To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 20:16 Subject: Right to Education until 25

Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people. Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years – providing ‘statutory protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of Special Educational Needs’.

Guest guest

Just read that it doesn;t come in till 2014, just in time for your Sam maybe?

They already have the right but not to a statement

Mx

This sounds good?! or am I being naive?! I was just thinking today what is the situation legally regarding colleges, further education etc, ie does it have to be provided in the way education does? So if you find a college you like and it is out of county then do you go to tribunnal the same process as with schools/ABA etc? Time marching on isn't it? Di x

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Wednesday, 9 May 2012, 20:16Subject: Right to Education until 25

Guest guest

All well and good giving everyone the right, but no provision :(

Like having Money and no shops to go to

>

>

> Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal

> right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people.

> Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an

> Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years †" providing

‘statutory

> protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of

> Special Educational Needs’.

>

Guest guest

Charitable independent schools like Sam's will go for it, just has to be in time, they won't chuck him out until the end of school year he becomes 19 so he'll be 19.5 by then, hope that's enough time for them to get the provision in place.

All my its crossed

Mx

All well and good giving everyone the right, but no provision :(Like having Money and no shops to go to >> > Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal > right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people. > Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an > Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years â€" providing ‘statutory > protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of > Special Educational Needs’.>

Guest guest

That was exactly the position we were in - getting on for 10 years ago now. (Wow

- how time passes!!)

Patience

> >

> >

> > Earlier today the Government confirmed its intention to extend the legal

> > right to educational support up to the age of 25 for young disabled people.

> > Ministers said they will publish a draft Bill which will create an

> > Education, Health and Care Plan from birth to 25 years †" providing

‘statutory

> > protections comparable to those currently associated with the statement of

> > Special Educational Needs’.

> >

>