RemedySpot.com

Re: Let us remember

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi Vickie

If you can stick your neck out, I guess I can too. Hope heads dont roll. lol

I agree with you, but sometimes EGOS come into play, and then........

love

don in kansas

Subject: Let us rememberTo: hepatitiscsupportgroupfordummies Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 9:02 AM

Hello everyone. I just wanted to stick my neck out and put my two cents in this morning. I don't do that very often because I usually get it chopped off, but I care about all members of this group so I will this morning. I hope I don't step on anyone's toes. We should all remember that we are here because we all have something in common. We are all heppers and are all here to get and give support. Each of us in our own stages of treatment and or infection whether we be members old or new or moderators. Regardless of our situation, we should be able to count on each other to help us get through those days that we don't feel well for those are the days we need the most support. We should strive to give compassion to each other daily even though we may not agree on some things.Please don't quit the group because you disagree on rules.

Help to make things better if at all possible by making suggestions. Above all, love one another. Hugs, VickieG

I agree, Don. But, I also was on tx for 48 weeks and I know how it can make one feel and act. We are not always ourselves on tx. Or, maybe we are but don't control it very well. Either way, we sometimes forget and react too quickly at times. This group helps and I'm thankful for it. Hugs, VickieG To:

HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:45:41 AMSubject: Re: Let us remember

hi Vickie

If you can stick your neck out, I guess I can too. Hope heads dont roll. lol

I agree with you, but sometimes EGOS come into play, and then........

love

don in kansas

From: VickieG <onelildeltagirl@ yahoo.com>Subject: [HepatitisCSupportG roupForDummies] Let us rememberTo: hepatitiscsupportgr oupfordummies@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, December 15, 2008, 9:02 AM

Hello everyone. I just wanted to stick my neck out and put my two cents in this morning. I don't do that very often because I usually get it chopped off, but I care about all members of this group so I will this morning. I hope I don't step on anyone's toes. We should all remember that we are here because we all have something in common. We are all heppers and are all here to get and give support. Each of us in our own stages of treatment and or infection whether we be members old or new or moderators. Regardless of our situation, we should be able to count on each other to help us get through those days that we don't feel well for those are the days we need the most support. We should strive to give compassion to each other daily even though we may not agree on some things.Please don't quit the group because you disagree on rules.

Help to make things better if at all possible by making suggestions. Above all, love one another. Hugs, VickieG

Vickie very well stated.

We are a large active group all here for Hep C support info or for a loved one and support of one another.

We purposely have an open discussion format for group to better share - bond and support our members each other in all stages and on tx.

We are also dealing with very serious related medical - physical - psychiatric - emotional health issues of our members with Hep C - their stage and on tx. Many people don't realize how their Hep C and on tx has truly affected them mind and body very hard to accept it realize it and in that state.

"Hepatitis C - A Medical & Psychiatric Disorder- Recommendation- It is critical for physicians and counselors to quickly recognize the pre-existing depression, or depression caused by Hepatitis C or the side effects of HCV pharmacologic therapy! They must be treated with supportive therapy, modification of doses of interferon and psychiatric medications. Failure to do so may result in limitation of therapy, noncompliance with therapy and serious personal, interpersonal and mental health consequences " http://www.hcvets.com/data/hcv_liver/extra_hepatic_and_other_manifest.htm

We have strived and always will to have a respectful orderly support group for all members which means keeping order rules and a less stress free envirement in group as possible for all our members including our quiet members too.

It is very hard to do at times and dealing with members with serious health issues differences of opinions and prorities.

Most support groups do go through cycles phases outburts in group from time to time and seem more around the Holiday's more of an emotional time for many people.

This also must be controlled and early or chaos arguments will take over a group and fast affecting all it's members.

What each of us posts in group is seen read in 1 form or another by all members and affects all members in group.

There will be no bitting off of heads - arguments - nitpicking and over very little word we post - personal attacks in this group run as less stress free as possible and without fear of posting our feelings - emotions - opinions etc ..... in a respectful orderly non-threatening way for all members.

This at times is also hard to maintain and we can not please or be the type of support group and format for all the people and in their health and emotional state.

Now let's get back to why we are here support for ourselves and each other.

All The Best To Everyone.

Deb

I need to get spell checked fixed

The reason we don't discuss alternative information is because each person is different and that should be discussed with their doctor.We can't suggest things that haven't been proven right and then perhaps you get worse.Its your doctors responsiblity to discuss this with you when you ask questions.

Gail

Let us rememberTo: hepatitiscsupportgroupfordummies Date: Monday, December 15, 2008, 9:02 AM

Hello everyone. I just wanted to stick my neck out and put my two cents in this morning. I don't do that very often because I usually get it chopped off, but I care about all members of this group so I will this morning. I hope I don't step on anyone's toes. We should all remember that we are here because we all have something in common. We are all heppers and are all here to get and give support. Each of us in our own stages of treatment and or infection whether we be members old or new or moderators. Regardless of our situation, we should be able to count on each other to help us get through those days that we don't feel well for those are the days we need the most support. We should strive to give compassion to each other daily even though we may not agree on some things.Please don't quit the group because you disagree on rules. Help to make things better if at all possible by making suggestions. Above all, love one another. Hugs, VickieG