RemedySpot.com

RE: ol dog

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Its not so bad. The first shot gave me a flu like reaction in the middle of the night. Then I was o.k. I get aches a little for a couple days after the shots. Maybe a little lightheaded when I stand up. Not as bad a some people I guess. I talked to my doctor and he said taking tylenol is fine as long as it is no more than 2000mg a day. I use it after my shot and sometimes the next morning. It works very well for me.

diet is a big thing and drinking lots of water.

Subject: ol dogTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 7:55 PM

Hi all...It's true...you really can teach an ol dog new tricks. I've never subscribed to a chat group before, but here I am...enjoying all the correspondence and camaraderie that you folks pass back and forth. Your stories are more than just insightful, they are written with a passion that must only come from having one's back against the wall. Another new trick for me is having to deal up close & personal with mortality... just as you all are doing at this very moment. I was diagnosed with hcv 1A this past summer, and like so many of you, have probably had it for 25 years without any symptoms. I start treatment next week and have many obvious apprehensions of the side effects. I understand that everyone reacts to the treatment to different degrees. Can anyone pass along any words of wisdom? How can I, and anyone

else still sitting in the starting blocks, be better prepared for round #1? Doctors, the internet, and friends of friends all have their version of what to expect, but I want to hear from you...the people who have walked the walk. Your strength humbles me.Thank you all...

Water,

water, water. Drink lots of water!

m

HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies

[mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of kevinkratochvil

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:55 PM

To: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies

Subject: ol dog

Hi

all...

It's true...you really can teach an ol dog new tricks. I've never

subscribed to a chat group before, but here I am...enjoying all the

correspondence and camaraderie that you folks pass back and forth. Your

stories are more than just insightful, they are written with a passion that

must only come from having one's back against the wall.

Another new trick for me is having to deal up close & personal with

mortality...just as you all are doing at this very moment. I was

diagnosed with hcv 1A this past summer, and like so many of you, have probably

had it for 25 years without any symptoms.

I start treatment next week and have many obvious apprehensions of the side

effects. I understand that everyone reacts to the treatment to different

degrees. Can anyone pass along any words of wisdom? How can I, and

anyone else still sitting in the starting blocks, be better prepared for round

#1?

Doctors, the internet, and friends of friends all have their version of what to

expect, but I want to hear from you...the people who have walked the

walk.

Your strength humbles me.

Thank you all...

Hi, and welcome. I am 1b and ended my 48 weeks of treatment the end of May this year (undetectable). I too was worried about the sides, since I was not sick throughout the time I contracted hep-c in 1985. Everyone is different in the way they ar affected by the sides. I think that the best you can do is to find out all you can about how the virus has affected others, which will prepare you for any possibly, then go into treatment with your eyes opened. There is a possibility that you will have mild reactions. The one thing for sure is that without treatment the virus will have a field day in your liver. I wish you the best in your treatment. You are a dragon fighter, hugs, VickieG To: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:55:11 PMSubject: ol dog

Hi all...It's true...you really can teach an ol dog new tricks. I've never subscribed to a chat group before, but here I am...enjoying all the correspondence and camaraderie that you folks pass back and forth. Your stories are more than just insightful, they are written with a passion that must only come from having one's back against the wall. Another new trick for me is having to deal up close & personal with mortality... just as you all are doing at this very moment. I was diagnosed with hcv 1A this past summer, and like so many of you, have probably had it for 25 years without any symptoms. I start treatment next week and have many obvious apprehensions of the side effects. I understand that everyone reacts to the treatment to different degrees. Can anyone pass along any words of wisdom? How can

I, and anyone else still sitting in the starting blocks, be better prepared for round #1? Doctors, the internet, and friends of friends all have their version of what to expect, but I want to hear from you...the people who have walked the walk. Your strength humbles me.Thank you all...

Keven first thing is to get used to drinking that

gallon of water through out the day. This will help the most with sides from treatment.

Also stock up on healthy food but is also easy to prepare so you don’t have to fuss so much about meals

on the bad days. Get some boost or Ensure without iron in it for when it is hard

to eat cause your stomach is upset. When your white or red blood count gets too

low have them put you on Procrit for

low red and Epogen for low white to make sure you can continue treatment without

reduction in treatment .We are here for you.

Gail

-----Original

Message-----

[mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ]On Behalf Of kevinkratochvil

Sent: December 11, 2008 7:55 PM

To:

Subject:

ol dog

Hi all...

It's true...you really can teach an ol dog new tricks. I've never

subscribed to a chat group before, but here I am...enjoying all the

correspondence and camaraderie that you folks pass back and forth. Your

stories are more than just insightful, they are written with a passion that

must only come from having one's back against the wall.

Another new trick for me is having to deal up close & personal with

mortality...just as you all are doing at this very moment. I was

diagnosed with hcv 1A this past summer, and like so many of you, have probably

had it for 25 years without any symptoms.

I start treatment next week and have many obvious apprehensions of the side

effects. I understand that everyone reacts to the treatment to different

degrees. Can anyone pass along any words of wisdom? How can I, and

anyone else still sitting in the starting blocks, be better prepared for round

#1?

Doctors, the internet, and friends of friends all have their version of what to

expect, but I want to hear from you...the people who have walked the

walk.

Your strength humbles me.

Thank you all...