RemedySpot.com

Re: Why NOT to use sustained release ALA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear all,

I have been following this forum for a few weeks now. I have a 6 year old son with autism and would like to try the biomedical approach. I will write a proper introduction soon but please bear with me.

I have a scientific background and not all of what is being proposed on this forum makes sense to me so I would appreciate your help in navigating my way through (apologies for being net taker of advice at the moment but promise to repay in time)

For instance I thought there are only very few compounds that can be absorbed through the stomach (those with very small molecules) such as water and drugs like aspirin otherwise the gastric wall would be destroyed – hence why the overuse of aspirin can cause stomach ulcers-does anyone know of any literature to show that DMSA and ALA can be absorbed through the stomach lining? I think it would be of major concern if DMSA can - but maybe I'm wrong. 

Comments suggesting that treating our children is simply a case of matching them to compounds A, B, C etc seem very prescriptive and simplistic to me- isn't this precisely the attitude that got us  into this mess in the first place? Just because I have read my car manual it does not make me a mechanic! 

Sorry to be a little bit negative on my first post but I just have so many questions  - This is me reigning myself in!

Sasha