RemedySpot.com

Re: Vitamin B12

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi My son has MB12 drops from metabolic and they don’t taste of anything – they are red in colour but absolutely tasteless Nicola From: Autism-Biomedical-Europe [mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe ] On Behalf Of Varun DasSent: 22 May 2012 11:08To: autism-biomedical-europe Subject: Vitamin B12 HiDoes anybody use the Hydroxycobalamin B12 (Metabolics) and also Methylcobalamin B12 (Complementary Prescriptions) drops ?This was an alternative way of getting B12 rather than injections by Dr. G. However from January, we have using both the injection and the drops.Given that Breakspear will not do B12 injections I am thinking of continuing with only the drops. Breakspear is happy to provide supplements (the drops are classed as Supplements) till one year from last visit at Breakspear, so I am looking for different places to acquire these B12 drops for future.I found that we can purchase these from Metabolics directly though not sure if the Methylcobalamin B12 will be quite different in flavour from that of Complementary Prescriptions provided by Breakspear. This is important for me as my son likes the taste of these drops and would possibly not like others if the taste is different. The one from Complementary Prescriptions has cranberry and cinnamon flavoring-Varun

Guest guest

Hi Nicola,Are you referring to the Hydroxycobalamin (blue coloured bottle) from Metabolics ? I was referring to the the Methylcobalamin one which from CP has cranberry and cinnamon flavoring.I was planning to switch to Metabolics for both as they are easy to procure from Metabolics directly whereas the CP one has to be obtained from US.VarunTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: n.trotman@...Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:30:14 +0100Subject: RE: Vitamin B12

Hi My son has MB12 drops from metabolic and they don’t taste of anything – they are red in colour but absolutely tasteless Nicola From: Autism-Biomedical-Europe [mailto:Autism-Biomedical-Europe ] On Behalf Of Varun DasSent: 22 May 2012 11:08To: autism-biomedical-europe Subject: Vitamin B12 HiDoes anybody use the Hydroxycobalamin B12 (Metabolics) and also Methylcobalamin B12 (Complementary Prescriptions) drops ?This was an alternative way of getting B12 rather than injections by Dr. G. However from January, we have using both the injection and the drops.Given that Breakspear will not do B12 injections I am thinking of continuing with only the drops. Breakspear is happy to provide supplements (the drops are classed as Supplements) till one year from last visit at Breakspear, so I am looking for different places to acquire these B12 drops for future.I found that we can purchase these from Metabolics directly though not sure if the Methylcobalamin B12 will be quite different in flavour from that of Complementary Prescriptions provided by Breakspear. This is important for me as my son likes the taste of these drops and would possibly not like others if the taste is different. The one from Complementary Prescriptions has cranberry and cinnamon flavoring-Varun

Guest guest

Hiwe use metabolics hydroxy and methyl B12 - I get both from nutri centre and therefore get the TA discount.I mix them in with other supplements in innocnet smoothie.  I know some use straight under tongue.

My daughters blood B12 levels were recently tested and they are high - we are assuming this means she has a problem with B12 transport into cell.BWAlison R

HiDoes anybody use the Hydroxycobalamin B12 (Metabolics) and also Methylcobalamin B12 (Complementary Prescriptions) drops ?This was an alternative way of getting B12 rather than injections by Dr. G. However from January, we have using both the injection and the drops.

Given that Breakspear will not do B12 injections I am thinking of continuing with only the drops. Breakspear is happy to provide supplements (the drops are classed as Supplements) till one year from last visit at Breakspear, so I am looking for different places to acquire these B12 drops for future.

I found that we can purchase these from Metabolics directly though not sure if the Methylcobalamin B12 will be quite different in flavour from that of Complementary Prescriptions provided by Breakspear. This is important for me as my son likes the taste of these drops and would possibly not like others if the taste is different. The one from Complementary Prescriptions has cranberry and cinnamon flavoring

-Varun

Guest guest

My son is on the same. Do not think it is as strong as the injections but the

injections here sent my son potty!

Clean your child's teeth free the food as Sams teeth starting to discolour and

it was seen on a different forum that this can happen with B12.

I get my metabolics from nutricentre. If you are a member of treating autism you

get a 20% discount.

Kirsty

X

>

>

> Hi

>

> Does anybody use the Hydroxycobalamin B12 (Metabolics) and also

Methylcobalamin B12 (Complementary Prescriptions) drops ?

>

> This was an alternative way of getting B12 rather than injections by Dr. G.

However from January, we have using both the injection and the drops.

>

> Given that Breakspear will not do B12 injections I am thinking of continuing

with only the drops. Breakspear is happy to provide supplements (the drops are

classed as Supplements) till one year from last visit at Breakspear, so I am

looking for different places to acquire these B12 drops for future.

>

> I found that we can purchase these from Metabolics directly though not sure if

the Methylcobalamin B12 will be quite different in flavour from that of

Complementary Prescriptions provided by Breakspear. This is important for me as

my son likes the taste of these drops and would possibly not like others if the

taste is different. The one from Complementary Prescriptions has cranberry and

cinnamon flavoring

>

> -Varun

>

Guest guest

Kirstywhat sort of dose do you use.we are doing Yasko and it requires high doses to initiate detoxification.  Dr G was a bit unsure about our dose longer term -said he would look further into it.

Alison R

My son is on the same. Do not think it is as strong as the injections but the injections here sent my son potty!

Clean your child's teeth free the food as Sams teeth starting to discolour and it was seen on a different forum that this can happen with B12.

I get my metabolics from nutricentre. If you are a member of treating autism you get a 20% discount.

Kirsty

X

>

>

> Hi

>

> Does anybody use the Hydroxycobalamin B12 (Metabolics) and also Methylcobalamin B12 (Complementary Prescriptions) drops ?

>

> This was an alternative way of getting B12 rather than injections by Dr. G. However from January, we have using both the injection and the drops.

>

> Given that Breakspear will not do B12 injections I am thinking of continuing with only the drops. Breakspear is happy to provide supplements (the drops are classed as Supplements) till one year from last visit at Breakspear, so I am looking for different places to acquire these B12 drops for future.

>

> I found that we can purchase these from Metabolics directly though not sure if the Methylcobalamin B12 will be quite different in flavour from that of Complementary Prescriptions provided by Breakspear. This is important for me as my son likes the taste of these drops and would possibly not like others if the taste is different. The one from Complementary Prescriptions has cranberry and cinnamon flavoring

>

> -Varun

>

Guest guest

AlisonIs the longer term dosage of B12 not good for kids ? My son currently is being given 2 drops of Hydroxycobalamin/Methylcobalamin 3times a day. We had been giving him that from January and almost finishing up the 100/120ml bottles. He also gets regularly the injections as well though we will finish it in the next month with little chance of procuring them other places as Breakspear has stopped dispensing.Hence, I was wondering whether to purchase the 250ml bottles which would last around 10 months or go for the conservative 100ml bottle. The bottles do not have a warning of discarding after x months after opening.However, if there are longer term side-effects I might stop after another 3-4 months and stick to the 100ml bottle.-VarunTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: rowbotham.alison@...Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:01:02 +0100Subject: Re: Re: Vitamin B12

Kirstywhat sort of dose do you use.we are doing Yasko and it requires high doses to initiate detoxification. Dr G was a bit unsure about our dose longer term -said he would look further into it.

Alison R

My son is on the same. Do not think it is as strong as the injections but the injections here sent my son potty!

Clean your child's teeth free the food as Sams teeth starting to discolour and it was seen on a different forum that this can happen with B12.

I get my metabolics from nutricentre. If you are a member of treating autism you get a 20% discount.

Kirsty

X

>

>

> Hi

>

> Does anybody use the Hydroxycobalamin B12 (Metabolics) and also Methylcobalamin B12 (Complementary Prescriptions) drops ?

>

> This was an alternative way of getting B12 rather than injections by Dr. G. However from January, we have using both the injection and the drops.

>

> Given that Breakspear will not do B12 injections I am thinking of continuing with only the drops. Breakspear is happy to provide supplements (the drops are classed as Supplements) till one year from last visit at Breakspear, so I am looking for different places to acquire these B12 drops for future.

>

> I found that we can purchase these from Metabolics directly though not sure if the Methylcobalamin B12 will be quite different in flavour from that of Complementary Prescriptions provided by Breakspear. This is important for me as my son likes the taste of these drops and would possibly not like others if the taste is different. The one from Complementary Prescriptions has cranberry and cinnamon flavoring

>

> -Varun

>

Guest guest

Dr G told me three drops under the tongue twice a day.

I do a squirt (maybe 6 drops) twice a day

Kirsty

X

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi

> > >

> > > Does anybody use the Hydroxycobalamin B12 (Metabolics) and also

> > Methylcobalamin B12 (Complementary Prescriptions) drops ?

> > >

> > > This was an alternative way of getting B12 rather than injections by Dr.

> > G. However from January, we have using both the injection and the drops.

> > >

> > > Given that Breakspear will not do B12 injections I am thinking of

> > continuing with only the drops. Breakspear is happy to provide supplements

> > (the drops are classed as Supplements) till one year from last visit at

> > Breakspear, so I am looking for different places to acquire these B12 drops

> > for future.

> > >

> > > I found that we can purchase these from Metabolics directly though not

> > sure if the Methylcobalamin B12 will be quite different in flavour from

> > that of Complementary Prescriptions provided by Breakspear. This is

> > important for me as my son likes the taste of these drops and would

> > possibly not like others if the taste is different. The one from

> > Complementary Prescriptions has cranberry and cinnamon flavoring

> > >

> > > -Varun

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

according to yasko its fine with no toxic level - she reports more B12 the better.However it is layered in at different stages along with other methylation supports and such as lithium (if tests show needed) to help with transport of B12.

Yasko tracks the amount using regular urine toxic metals tests. Dr G was concerned that levels may be toxic when cobalt is showing on test. he was wary of this and wanted to ensure no damage to eyes (which he said were the ist affected if toxic levels).

However cobalt levels on testing along with tracking of metal excretion is the underpinning of detox with yasko.  He said he would more into this as make enquiries with another patient who had gone through the program.

I would go with what ever Dr G suggests.BWAlison R

AlisonIs the longer term dosage of B12 not good for kids ? My son currently is being given 2 drops of Hydroxycobalamin/Methylcobalamin 3times a day. We had been giving him that from January and almost finishing up the 100/120ml bottles. He also gets regularly the injections as well though we will finish it in the next month with little chance of procuring them other places as Breakspear has stopped dispensing.

Hence, I was wondering whether to purchase the 250ml bottles which would last around 10 months or go for the conservative 100ml bottle. The bottles do not have a warning of discarding after x months after opening.

However, if there are longer term side-effects I might stop after another 3-4 months and stick to the 100ml bottle.-VarunTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

From: rowbotham.alison@...Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:01:02 +0100Subject: Re: Re: Vitamin B12

Kirstywhat sort of dose do you use.we are doing Yasko and it requires high doses to initiate detoxification.  Dr G was a bit unsure about our dose longer term -said he would look further into it.

Alison R

Kirsty

X

>

>

> Hi

>

>

>

>

>

> -Varun

>

Guest guest

The dosing is giving for the individual depending on the genetic results.  With Yasko it is layered in using different forms as a baseline.  Then the form and route of B12 is dependent on individual test results.

Eg - if you have a CBS up-regulation adding in excess methylation supports including B12 will increase taurine and ammonia and reduce glutathione unless the CBS is controlled.Yasko is complex.  When we started I thought I was going to my own modified version - unfortunately I don't know how.

best wishesAlison R

Alison

we are going to introduce this now where can I find the yasko dosing?

regards

Guest guest

Can both of these Metabolics Hydroxycobalamin and Methylcobalamin administered sublingually ?I had no idea about the sublingual method of administration till today and had been giving my son 2 drops dissolved in small quantity of water. Reading through the articles, it seems I should have given them below his tounge over the oral method which has lesser benefits as it needs to pass through GI tract.Dr. G had mentioned something of that sort to be given under tongue but to he honest my wife was keen to only try B12 injections and we took it from Breakspear when we were not sure if we will get the B12 injections and made assumptions on how this need to be administered.The plan was to continue with B12 injections and stop the drops when we run out of this bottle but now as it stands we do not procure them easily as that strength of injections are only licensed to hospitals.We had plan to continue with B12 long-term but your comments on toxicity of cobalt has made me worried. We had a consultation with Dr. G in March when he asked us to visit him only if see any issues with my son and continue with chelation. I might drop him an email to take his advise on continuing with B12 drops in long term and what precautions we need to take, however I drop him email when it is urgent.- VarunTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: rowbotham.alison@...Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 23:16:05 +0100Subject: Re: Re: Vitamin B12

according to yasko its fine with no toxic level - she reports more B12 the better.However it is layered in at different stages along with other methylation supports and such as lithium (if tests show needed) to help with transport of B12.

Yasko tracks the amount using regular urine toxic metals tests. Dr G was concerned that levels may be toxic when cobalt is showing on test. he was wary of this and wanted to ensure no damage to eyes (which he said were the ist affected if toxic levels).

However cobalt levels on testing along with tracking of metal excretion is the underpinning of detox with yasko. He said he would more into this as make enquiries with another patient who had gone through the program.

AlisonIs the longer term dosage of B12 not good for kids ? My son currently is being given 2 drops of Hydroxycobalamin/Methylcobalamin 3times a day. We had been giving him that from January and almost finishing up the 100/120ml bottles. He also gets regularly the injections as well though we will finish it in the next month with little chance of procuring them other places as Breakspear has stopped dispensing.

Hence, I was wondering whether to purchase the 250ml bottles which would last around 10 months or go for the conservative 100ml bottle. The bottles do not have a warning of discarding after x months after opening.

However, if there are longer term side-effects I might stop after another 3-4 months and stick to the 100ml bottle.-VarunTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

From: rowbotham.alison@...Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 13:01:02 +0100Subject: Re: Re: Vitamin B12

Kirstywhat sort of dose do you use.we are doing Yasko and it requires high doses to initiate detoxification. Dr G was a bit unsure about our dose longer term -said he would look further into it.

Alison R

Kirsty

X

>

>

> Hi

>

>

>

>

>

> -Varun

>

Guest guest

Just a side topic on this stuff about mb12...

Our used to get the injections and initially did fine, one of the most

remarkable gains being his handwriting became neat and he could draw far more

detailed pictures.

HOWEVER, mb12 shots were one of the things anju usman said we should drop when

our began to have hallucinations, and since that worked, we have not

restarted the mb12. Sadly we lost the neat handwriting and drawing almost

immediately and no other kind of mb12 has got it back. However, no

hallucinations made it a small, if frustrating,

price to pay.

Has anyone else seen this kind of thing?

Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

To be honest I don't know what is classed as high dose.  We have never used the injections so I can't comment there.  We are using oral B12 but with Yasko it is in lots of the different compound supplements so comes to quite a bit when you add it all together.

When I spoke to Dr G I think he said he usually recommending saturating body with B12 for around 3 months then reducing to 250mcg per day.  As you say dosage will be different under tongue to in a drink.

Yasko view is very different and advises to increase B12 until cobalt is all way across page (black line) on urine toxic metals  - hold at that level of B12 then the cobalt reduces by itself.  She suggests this is when the mercury really starts to remove.

Of course the B12 is added layer by layer alongside other supplements to ensure transport and adequate methyl donors (for other words, part of the bigger programme and not the B12 in isolation).

I think its hard to compare when its part of a protocol when other things will also influence.  Dr G did say he was going to find more out.  I was surprised as I understood that B12 wand't toxic even at high levels.

Alison R

Can both of these Metabolics Hydroxycobalamin and Methylcobalamin administered sublingually ?I had no idea about the sublingual method of administration till today and had been giving my son 2 drops dissolved in small quantity of water. Reading through the articles, it seems I should have given them below his tounge over the oral method which has lesser benefits as it needs to pass through GI tract.

Dr. G had mentioned something of that sort to be given under tongue but to he honest my wife was keen to only try B12 injections and we took it from Breakspear when we were not sure if we will get the B12 injections and made assumptions on how this need to be administered.

The plan was to continue with B12 injections and stop the drops when we run out of this bottle but now as it stands we do not procure them easily as that strength of injections are only licensed to hospitals.We had plan to continue with B12 long-term but your comments on toxicity of cobalt has made me worried. We had a consultation with Dr. G in March when he asked us to visit him only if see any issues with my son and continue with chelation. I might drop him an email to take his advise on continuing with B12 drops in long term and what precautions we need to take, however I drop him email when it is urgent.

- VarunTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: rowbotham.alison@...

Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 23:16:05 +0100Subject: Re: Re: Vitamin B12

However cobalt levels on testing along with tracking of metal excretion is the underpinning of detox with yasko.  He said he would more into this as make enquiries with another patient who had gone through the program.

Alison R

Kirsty

X

>

>

> Hi

>

>

>

>

>

> -Varun

>