RemedySpot.com

Hello Everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>

> Hi!

>

> Thank you for allowing me into your group.

>

> I am having lap band surgery in 2 weeks and hope to learn a lot

from you

> all.

>

> I am currently on 2 weeks of meal replacement (ugh!) but surviving

(just!).

>

> Thanks again

> Nicki :)

>

Hi Nicki

Great to say hi to another new bandee-to-be! My surgery is on the

5th of December. When is yours exactly? Where are you getting yours

done? I'm drinking the sludge too, but I have to say, I wasn't even

hungry yesterday (my first day on it!). It doesn't taste wonderful,

but it doesn't really bother me.

Anyway, maybe we can keep in contact and boost each other along. I

think this is the best thing I will ever do for myself! And I have

decided I am definately worth it! The only people I have told are my

parents and obviously my husband...how about you?

Janyne xx

> _________________________________________________________________

> Be the one of the first to try the NEW Windows Live Mail.

> http://ideas.live.com/programPage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-

4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d

>

Hi Nicki,

I hear you with the whole meal replacement!! UGH! It was the part I

struggled with THE MOST and I knew if I could get through that I

could get through anything. I am 9 weeks post op and have lost 9

kilos. Feel free to ask me ANY questions at all. If I can't answer

them, there will no doubt be someone here that can help.

Where are you being banded at?

Kristie

>

> Hi!

>

> Thank you for allowing me into your group.

>

> I am having lap band surgery in 2 weeks and hope to learn a lot

from you

> all.

>

> I am currently on 2 weeks of meal replacement (ugh!) but surviving

(just!).

>

> Thanks again

> Nicki :)

>

> _________________________________________________________________

> Be the one of the first to try the NEW Windows Live Mail.

> http://ideas.live.com/programPage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-

9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d

>

• 2 years later...

It finally stopped snowing so I was able to get to the library. I was

in the house since Thursday. I had a very bad day yesterday. I think

that I had a stomach virus and not treatment drug related. I lost

control of all body fluids and I even passed out cold on the floor on

my way to the bathroom. My mom thought the bang was a tree coming down

outside. I woke up with the carpet in my face. Anyway, I really took

it easy and today I am feeling much better. I took my shot Friday

night and Sat. I was fine. Everything else is fine with me so far.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time . I hope you

can get past that. Keep me posted. Merry Merry XMass everyone and I

will be back to the library on Friday to use the computer. God Bless

you all......................

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

Periodically the sun spits out huge coronal mass ejections. These storms have vast energy and many times the mass of the earth.The mass itself isn't an issue, but the energy and charged particles are. These are the same particles that cause the Aurora around the north pole.

What will happen with a massive strike is the effect of an EMP bomb over much of the country. That means electrical equipment and the power grid will be affected. IN the 1800's, very large such storm hit and affected telegraph lines as far south in the US as Texas. A weaker one hit in the 1980's or 1990's and caused electrical problems in much of Canada. If one of the magnitude of the 1800's hit today, much of the Northern US at least could be blacked out for months if not years.

Part of the reason for this is that the powerlines, especially the big transmission lines, are above ground and make great antenna and easily collect the excess power from the solar storm. This excess power will likely burn out a lot of vital equipment, and then mostly because the system is so shoddy and patchwork and because the US government refused to make the power companies spend the extra 5% or so it would have cost to make the system EMP resistant. This pulse will cascade through other system knocking out transformers, breakers, and eventually getting into houses, businesses, etc., where it will affect appliances, computers, pretty much anything turned on or plugged in. Far enough north and equipment on the ground will be affect plugged in or not, which means radios, maybe even cars will be shorted out.

Now, this is a known threat, but like other major but infrequent threats, it has a high "giggle factor" in DC and other places. That means the idea sounds so ridiculous, that politicians and people in power laugh at the idea, many people too. Oddly, the idea of earthquake safety and readiness often takes a back seat in even in places like San Francisco and Los Angeles because people don't consider the threat and would rather spend the money on other things. So, as a result, we haven't upgraded the power system, we don't have stocks of heavy equipment standing by to rapidly replace burned out transformers, we don't have plans or stockpiles of non-perishable food, or means of communications if the existing systems fail. Replacing satellites, which will be vulnerable no matter what and may fail in large numbers.

One of the more interesting things is that we might be able to detect one of these things headed for earth. Problem is, even if we see it from earth, we can't tell if it is going to hit us or not. For that we need satellites, two at least. These satellites also need to be away from earth so they get the angles needed to predict the path of such an eruption. But remember what I said about the giggle factor? The satellites we have in place now that could see and predict the path of such a storm are failing, if they haven't already, and there is no real plan to replace them. The politicians laugh at the threat of a solar storm and figure they can spend those few hundred million dollars in their own districts to buy votes rather than safeguard the country against a real threat.

Now, even if we did see this storm coming, we'd have to act fast. The initial high-energy burst would be on us in 8 minutes. It is doubtful we could do much be take the hit from that and hope it didn't hurt too badly. However, the follow up mass might take a day or two to get here. That would give us the time to prepare a timed and phased shutdown of the power grid for a few hours or even a day or two, at least in the areas predicted to be hardest hit. If the power lines were shut down, all breakers tripped and if everyone turned off the main breaker at their house, the individual circuits in the panel and unplugged everything, we should weather the storm well, though the big systems would likely still take a beating, it just wouldn't be as bad as otherwise.

Sadly, I don't think most humans would take such a common sense suggest to heart. Yes, living a day or two without electricity would be annoying, but it would be much better to do that than not have it for months or a year or more. I also think that in places there would be lots of rioting, which would keep politicians pressuring to keep the electricity flowing, which would in turn make the system more vulnerable to complete and long-term failure.

In a message dated 5/12/2009 1:37:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, no_reply writes:

"Did you hear about the solar storm we might be having some time soon if not in the near future? They say the one after this one would be in the year 2013. Anyways that's a wrap i hope to hear from you soon,goodluck in all you do."I had not heard about it, but then again, I have not been watching the news lately.Administrator A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

Guest guest

" What's cracking with you guys and gals? Anything new going on? "

Not much happening here Greg, but as you can see, we are still around.

" Did you hear about the solar storm we might be having some time soon if not in

the near future? They say the one after this one would be in the year 2013.

Anyways that's a wrap i hope to hear from you soon,good

luck in all you do. "

I had not heard about it, but then again, I have not been watching the news

lately.

Administrator