RemedySpot.com

Hi Dorsey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My ONE thought for everyone--IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY DEPRESSED--do nottry to be the martyr as I did.. get help or get off this damntreatment.Love to all, Dorsey

Honey very well said and I'm very proud of you. Thank you for bravely sharing with us your honesty and it will also help and support other members too.

I remember when you 1st joined we emailed about tx a dx of being bipolar and the high risk factors on tx. You were well informed but decided to give tx a chance.

You didn't fail the tx meds failed you and all we have that type of tx at this time.

You gave tx your best shot probably went above and beyond trying to hang in there but strong toxic tx meds is not medically advised approved for everyone and every pt with HCV medically should not be on it.

In your case I would have also tried tx gave it my best shot watched for signs worsening and very hard accepting the fact I may be pulled of it to save my life.

Even without any prior dx of bipolar or emotional disorders dx's tx can cause severe or even complete psychotic breaks in some people.

It is not your fault you did great while on tx.

It will take some time for you to process go through this and you seeing it as a set-back but it is Not because you gave it your best shot and have no regrets of not trying tx. Give yourself time to recover coming off tx meds out your system not being to hard on yourself or blaming yourself for it. Time to heal getting back to living a happy and content life.

Honey you are very lucky alive and rejoice in that fact HCV clear or long term responder or not.

People members don't fully understand all the risk factors - precautions - warnings - contraindications or don't want to and for some people very severe or can be fatal from tx meds.

I worry for many of our members on tx and how they are hanging in there at all costs ignoring the warnings signs or not reporting all sides complications no matter how severe not only emotional but physical medical states too.

People focus on being on tx clearing the virus even with a high % of not clearing or remaining a long term responder from tx at all costs and no matter what it costs them.

How many on tx fully understand their own medical risk factors the severity of it honestly discussed it with hopefully under the care of a Hepatologist have asked them and have weighed their own risk factors against any possible benefits of tx for them including that in their decision making for tx or staying on tx at all costs to them.

I lost a very close dear friend while on tx cirrhosis stages with many complications. The last time I talked to them they said they felt that tx again was their last resort will stay on it at all costs no matter what even if it kills them. I asked them is the slim chance of you clearing remaing a long term responder in late stages your geno already a failed responder earlier to tx worth your life. The answer was yes and they died on tx shortly after that.

I know 1st hand people fear HCV the virus itself and trying to clear and remain clear no matter what risk factors even more then losing their lives while on tx.

All The Best

Love and Hugs

Deb