RemedySpot.com

Re: Introduction - Welcome back the other

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Buddy so good to have you back with us.

So sorry to hear you are now in esld.

You will find a bunch of the same oldies still here. We all have gotten older and we now have many with hep C for so long now are in esld too and a few listed for transplant. You are not alone in all this and with all the complications too. We do understand it all and you. Don't worry about making typing mistakes with encephalopathy just keep us updated and posting about you and your wife. We also have both husband and wife teams as members for support and offering support in late stages and post transplant.

We also have a few members in early esld on tx too. That seems to be the going thing now new medical practice guidelines with many Dr's tx if medically possible in late cirrhosis stages and esld before a transplant.

Even if not cleared it is medical believed now and pt's have shown improvement in stage/grade by bx and lowering viral load before a transplant for better results and tx after it. You probably remember the other also went by KC he did tx after transplant relapsed but backed-up a full stage/grade by bx. It was rough on him he also suffered a stroke on tx but thankfully no lasting damage.

It is very hard but was reported to have become easier to get full medical disability and medicare a and b for hcv and by stage/grade. It is still hard for us. It does take a long hard fight and usually with a disability attorney to get it done. It's a shame we need to wait that long for approval and obtain an attorney who reaps the profits too.

This March I'll be 8 years from my transplant. I was in esld and it took me 2 years and finally with the help of an attorney to get my disability medicare and could be listed for transplant just in time. I was so sick in late esld by than I didn't need to go to court. They finally approved it after a long hard battle and much documentations by all my Dr's and Transplant Team.

There is much wrong info myths people in denial about hep c out there. Many scams and even some support groups doing much more harm than good. Many people just don't want to hear it. All it can do or accept us in late or esld because it scares them out of denial and for themselves too.

We just hope and pray for the best do our best and with faith in our Dr's and Teams we can trust with out lives.

You hang in there and never give in or give up.

All The Best To You and Yours.

Enjoy and make it a Happy Holiday's for all of you.

Deb