RemedySpot.com

Why NOT to use sustained release ALA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It doesn't matter how good the sustained release is.Different things are absorbed at different points along the GI tract. All the chelators (DMPS, DMSA and ALA) are absorbed very early in the GI tract and not later on. Basically they are the types of things that are only going to be absorbed under acidic conditions so they're absorbed in the stomach and perhaps jeujunum. No place else.Thus it doesn't matter how good or bad the time release is - I'm sure the earlier formulations were fine too as far as releasing ALA evenly over 8, 12 or 24 hours as advertized.Direct measurements of blood ALA levels versus time in human subjects taking both immediate release ALA and 8 hour time release ALA showed no difference at all. They both cleared from the bloodstream equally fast. This data was developed by one of the commercial manufacturers of time release ALA, if anything they had motivation to show it worked. Their own data clearly showed it didn't.On the other hand, the measured dissolution of their time release formulation in a lab model of digestive juice really did show it releasing over time.There really is no solution to this absorption problem other than give the ALA every 3-4 hours, regardless of whether it is an immediate release or time release formulation.

>>I want him to stop and refer them to me to buy the Fight Autism & win book and let parents do it themselves

That's perfectly reasonable.The FA & Win book is pretty telegraphic, but if you coach them a lot of parents really can do it just from that. Many if not most may also want my books and s'. Really all a physician does is match people up with products. Take pill A B or C. It doesn't really matter WHY the people take the pills, it only matters that they take the right ones. Thus if, as at present, physicians are not competent to match people to pills properly, they will do better to just do it themselves.Andywww.noamalgam.com