RemedySpot.com

Sunday - New Year's Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

My New Year's workout was broken into two parts: first thing this morning - 35 min on the recumbent. Didn't feel like thinking but wanted to burn off some sugar (I ate cake last night!)

Then, later in the morning I did Exhale Core Fusion Pilates Plus - upper body, lower body and stretch.

Upper body is all body weight exercises - planks, push-ups and tricep dips as well as some good stretches for the upper body. It is a pretty challenging routine as the planks are held for a long time and the reps for the push-ups and triceps are numerous!!

Lower body is all floorwork starting w/ kneeling and then all-fours work.

I love the stretch on this DVD -

So - overall, I have kicked off my Ellen/Barre rotation!Tomorrow is an Ellen "cardio" routine plus matwork for core.Happy New Year! We have just been organizing and putting away the holiday stuff. Guess it is time to get back to reality..... I always feel a little sad this time of year b/c there is nothing going on for a few months until spring comes. I guess I should try to plan some fun activities to look forward to!Talk to everyone later -

Donna

So - overall, I have kicked off my Ellen/Barre rotation!Tomorrow is an Ellen "cardio" routine plus matwork for core.

You're off to an awesome start to 2012, Donna. Great job!!!!

~

Way to go, Donna! Great way to start the New Year!

I was thinking the same thing about planning fun things between now & spring. We like hockey and there's a great minor league hockey team that play not too far from us. We've enjoyed going to their games with scouting events but none are scheduled yet for this year so I'm thinking we'll just take our family one weekend night to watch them. It is inexpensive (especially compared to professional sporting events) and fun! I've also reignited my interest in cooking and the kids like to also so we're getting into that together (Miriam made a great chicken parmesan dinner tonight with a little help from me). We all like to watch the cooking competition show "Chopped" where competitors get a basket with 3 bizarre ingredients and they have to build an appetizer, main dish or dessert around them using all the ingredients. DH jokingly said that he and the kids should each buy 1 ingredient and challenge me to come up with something from them and the kids jumped on it and said that maybe we could do our own family "Chopped" competition with at least the 3 of us competing and DH as judge so we're planning that too!

Sunday - New Year's Workout

Hi Everyone,

My New Year's workout was broken into two parts: first thing this morning - 35 min on the recumbent. Didn't feel like thinking but wanted to burn off some sugar (I ate cake last night!)

Then, later in the morning I did Exhale Core Fusion Pilates Plus - upper body, lower body and stretch.

Upper body is all body weight exercises - planks, push-ups and tricep dips as well as some good stretches for the upper body. It is a pretty challenging routine as the planks are held for a long time and the reps for the push-ups and triceps are numerous!!

Lower body is all floorwork starting w/ kneeling and then all-fours work.

I love the stretch on this DVD -

So - overall, I have kicked off my Ellen/Barre rotation!Tomorrow is an Ellen "cardio" routine plus matwork for core.Happy New Year! We have just been organizing and putting away the holiday stuff. Guess it is time to get back to reality..... I always feel a little sad this time of year b/c there is nothing going on for a few months until spring comes. I guess I should try to plan some fun activities to look forward to!Talk to everyone later -

Donna