RemedySpot.com

Re: Vit D Test (also: Margaret)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Darla,

Just saw your message about 's vit d results. Norman's result was 173.9 nmol/L with a status of Adequate (done recently thru City Assays). Was concerned about how high it is compared to mine which was 81.5 nmol/L (and I don't supplement myself), so I looked up on the Vit D Council website and this is what it said:-

Serum level ranges

...... lists a lab reference range for vitamin D at 32-100 ng/mL. Reference ranges represent the range of values that the majority of the population will fall between and are not indicative of values which would be considered optimal.

Studies indicate that for proper health, serum vitamin D levels should be a minimum of 50 ng/mL (125 nmol/L),

with optimal levels falling between 50-80 ng/mL (125-200 nmol/L).

These values apply to both children and adults.

You can read more here:-

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-deficiency/am-i-vitamin-d-deficient/

> > > **> >> >> > Darla,> >> > 111 is high. I'd be interested in how much 'D' you were giving daily?> >> > > >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* Darla rexel4@...> > *To:* Autism-Biomedical Yahoo Autism-Biomedical-Europe > > *Sent:* Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 15:48> > *Subject:* Vit D Test (also: Margaret)> >> >> > Margaret - just to let you know, they got the Vit D test for with the> > very small spots and one spot maybe just about the right size. I hope you> > have success with yours.> >> > Secondly, I have a question - I hope no one minds me asking about myself -> > my levels were at 52 which is considered adequate but only just adequate as> > 50 is the cut off. I have tested quite low previously in a test done by an> > NHS Rheumatologist and he gave me prescription Vit D -so I can see that my> > levels are up but 's level was 111 which is more than double mine.> > Should I increase my dose I wonder?> >> > Also - I guess that I don't need to supplement him any longer except> > intermittently during the winter? Any thoughts appreciated.> >> > Thanks,> > Darla> >> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Darla,I looked up the vitamin D ranges in a German lab book and they say up to 200 nmol/L in children is all right (250 for adults). I'd stilll like to know though how he got so high with little dosing and I presume only UK winter sun exposure. I'm going to assume also that he's not snacking on fresh juicy sardines on a regular basis:-)) To:

Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Wednesday, 18 April 2012, 0:34 Subject: Re: Vit D Test (also: Margaret)

Hi Darla,

Just saw your message about 's vit d results. Norman's result was 173.9 nmol/L with a status of Adequate (done recently thru City Assays). Was concerned about how high it is compared to mine which was 81.5 nmol/L (and I don't supplement myself), so I looked up on the Vit D Council website and this is what it said:-

Serum level ranges ..... lists a lab reference range for vitamin D at 32-100 ng/mL. Reference ranges represent the range of values that the majority of the population will fall between and are not indicative of values which would be considered optimal. Studies indicate that for proper health, serum vitamin D levels should be a minimum of 50 ng/mL (125 nmol/L), with optimal levels falling between 50-80 ng/mL (125-200 nmol/L). These values apply to both children and adults.

You can read more here:- http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-deficiency/am-i-vitamin-d-deficient/

> > > **> >> >> > Darla,> >> > 111 is high. I'd be interested in how much 'D' you were giving daily?> >> > > >> > ------------------------------> > *From:* Darla rexel4@...> > *To:* Autism-Biomedical Yahoo Autism-Biomedical-Europe > > *Sent:* Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 15:48> > *Subject:* Vit D Test (also: Margaret)> >> >> > Margaret - just to let you know, they got the Vit D test for with

the> > very small spots and one spot maybe just about the right size. I hope you> > have success with yours.> >> > Secondly, I have a question - I hope no one minds me asking about myself -> > my levels were at 52 which is considered adequate but only just adequate as> > 50 is the cut off. I have tested quite low previously in a test done by an> > NHS Rheumatologist and he gave me prescription Vit D -so I can see that my> > levels are up but 's level was 111 which is more than double mine.> > Should I increase my dose I wonder?> >> > Also - I guess that I don't need to supplement him any longer except> > intermittently during the winter? Any thoughts appreciated.> >> > Thanks,> > Darla> >> >> > > >>