RemedySpot.com

Re: Thursday & Friday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A herniated brain stem?  Yikes!  Crossing my fingers that the first surgery restored it back to normal!  Walking lots continues to sound like a good workout plan to me.  I know that when I go bike riding there is a little tension on my neck from leaning forward, just sayin'..

Thanks for the update, ! Hugs,

Hi all,I'm happy that I have a day off today. Another 4 day weekend, WooHOO! I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today. 

My doctor just called to check on me, and we're meeting in a couple of weeks. I'll have an MRI before we meet and then discuss the results immediately. I hadn't realized the full extent of this injury, but he went over some of the earlier findings in greater detail today (the first MRIs from September/October. It actually was a bit scary. You don't mess with the brainstem. It was starting to herniate. No wonder this thing flattened me sometimes. Hopefully I'm really on the mend. If not, we try the procedure one last time.

I feel hopeful, though. OK. I might not need it. He said he is hoping that it's fixed and that the MRI findings will give me the confidence to return to my workouts. I'm going to kick back and read now

I hope things are getting better for you. That does sound rather scary! It's

great that you don't use it as an excuse to stop walking! That is really good

for you!

Indyrose

>

> Hi all,

>

> I'm happy that I have a day off today. Another 4 day weekend, WooHOO!

>

> I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good

> day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up

> with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching

> session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today.

>

> My doctor just called to check on me, and we're meeting in a couple of

> weeks. I'll have an MRI before we meet and then discuss the results

> immediately. I hadn't realized the full extent of this injury, but he went

> over some of the earlier findings in greater detail today (the first MRIs

> from September/October. It actually was a bit scary. You don't mess with

> the brainstem. It was starting to herniate. No wonder this thing flattened

> me sometimes. Hopefully I'm really on the mend. If not, we try the

> procedure one last time.

>

> I feel hopeful, though. OK. I might not need it. He said he is hoping that

> it's fixed and that the MRI findings will give me the confidence to return

> to my workouts.

>

> I'm going to kick back and read now

>

>

>

I feel hopeful, though. OK. I might not need it. He said he is hoping that it's fixed and that the MRI findings will give me the confidence to return to my workouts.

Sending good vibes your way, . Sounds really good though from what your doc is saying.

YAY on the 4 days off.

~

Nah, I'm not getting on my bike until after I meet with him and find out if I'm better. I'm glad he called me before I did anything stupid. I hadn't planned on using the road bike for that reason. I was going to use another bike where I sit upright, but now I'm just going to continue to do slow, non impact things. Walking is lovely. I'm keeping it gentle. 

A herniated brain stem?  Yikes!  Crossing my fingers that the first surgery restored it back to normal!  Walking lots continues to sound like a good workout plan to me.  I know that when I go bike riding there is a little tension on my neck from leaning forward, just sayin'..

Thanks for the update, ! Hugs,

Hi all,I'm happy that I have a day off today. Another 4 day weekend, WooHOO! I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today. 

My doctor just called to check on me, and we're meeting in a couple of weeks. I'll have an MRI before we meet and then discuss the results immediately. I hadn't realized the full extent of this injury, but he went over some of the earlier findings in greater detail today (the first MRIs from September/October. It actually was a bit scary. You don't mess with the brainstem. It was starting to herniate. No wonder this thing flattened me sometimes. Hopefully I'm really on the mend. If not, we try the procedure one last time.

I feel hopeful, though. OK. I might not need it. He said he is hoping that it's fixed and that the MRI findings will give me the confidence to return to my workouts. I'm going to kick back and read now

Hi Indyrose, thank you. No way. I hope that doesn't get taken away. I'm so glad that I have the go-ahead to walk. It lifts my spirits so much. It clears my head. 

I hope things are getting better for you. That does sound rather scary! It's great that you don't use it as an excuse to stop walking! That is really good for you!

Indyrose

>

> Hi all,

>

> I'm happy that I have a day off today. Another 4 day weekend, WooHOO!

>

> I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good

> day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up

> with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching

> session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today.

>

> My doctor just called to check on me, and we're meeting in a couple of

> weeks. I'll have an MRI before we meet and then discuss the results

> immediately. I hadn't realized the full extent of this injury, but he went

> over some of the earlier findings in greater detail today (the first MRIs

> from September/October. It actually was a bit scary. You don't mess with

> the brainstem. It was starting to herniate. No wonder this thing flattened

> me sometimes. Hopefully I'm really on the mend. If not, we try the

> procedure one last time.

>

> I feel hopeful, though. OK. I might not need it. He said he is hoping that

> it's fixed and that the MRI findings will give me the confidence to return

> to my workouts.

>

> I'm going to kick back and read now

>

>

>

------------------------------------

Thanks ! I'll take all the vibes I can get. :)

I feel hopeful, though. OK. I might not need it. He said he is hoping that it's fixed and that the MRI findings will give me the confidence to return to my workouts. 

Sending good vibes your way, .  Sounds really good though from what your doc is saying.  

YAY on the 4 days off.

~

How did you get the herniated brain stem? Yikes. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Hi all,I'm happy that I have a day off today. Another 4 day weekend, WooHOO! I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today.

My doctor just called to check on me, and we're meeting in a couple of weeks. I'll have an MRI before we meet and then discuss the results immediately. I hadn't realized the full extent of this injury, but he went over some of the earlier findings in greater detail today (the first MRIs from September/October. It actually was a bit scary. You don't mess with the brainstem. It was starting to herniate. No wonder this thing flattened me sometimes. Hopefully I'm really on the mend. If not, we try the procedure one last time.

I feel hopeful, though. OK. I might not need it. He said he is hoping that it's fixed and that the MRI findings will give me the confidence to return to my workouts. I'm going to kick back and read now

Hi Joy,Thanks! That's what they saw in the MRIs last September, and it seems to be better after a few procedures. We'll find out when I get my next MRI Jan 13th.I had a cerebrospinal fluid leak, probably due to the fall I had just over a year ago. 

Without enough CSF fluid, the brain sinks and puts pressure on the brainstem. It pushes it against the opening in the base of the skull. It was no fun at all, LOL. 

How did you get the herniated brain stem?  Yikes.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

Even though I was familiar with your story, reading this again has me going, "Yikes!" Wow! I hope the next MRI is all good news, will be keeping you in our prayers for sure!!!

Hugs,

Hi Joy,

Thanks! That's what they saw in the MRIs last September, and it seems to be better after a few procedures. We'll find out when I get my next MRI Jan 13th.

I had a cerebrospinal fluid leak, probably due to the fall I had just over a year ago.

Without enough CSF fluid, the brain sinks and puts pressure on the brainstem. It pushes it against the opening in the base of the skull. It was no fun at all, LOL.

How did you get the herniated brain stem? Yikes. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Hi all,

I'm happy that I have a day off today. Another 4 day weekend, WooHOO!

I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today.

My doctor just called to check on me, and we're meeting in a couple of weeks. I'll have an MRI before we meet and then discuss the results immediately. I hadn't realized the full extent of this injury, but he went over some of the earlier findings in greater detail today (the first MRIs from September/October. It actually was a bit scary. You don't mess with the brainstem. It was starting to herniate. No wonder this thing flattened me sometimes. Hopefully I'm really on the mend. If not, we try the procedure one last time.

I'm going to kick back and read now

I really appreciate that so much, . What a year.

Even though I was familiar with your story, reading this again has me going, " Yikes! " Wow! I hope the next MRI is all good news, will be keeping you in our prayers for sure!!!

Hugs,

Hi Joy,

Thanks! That's what they saw in the MRIs last September, and it seems to be better after a few procedures. We'll find out when I get my next MRI Jan 13th.

I had a cerebrospinal fluid leak, probably due to the fall I had just over a year ago. 

How did you get the herniated brain stem?  Yikes.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

Hi all,

I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today. 

Wow, I didn't know that was possible. I sure hope you heal soon. Hugs

I haven't kept up well with all the emails due to the MS flair I have been in. It was making it too hard to read and think. My body was not cooperating.

It seems to be easing up a bit. I got in a workout today. YEA.

Hi all,

I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today.

Me either, LOL. I am so glad you're feeling better! I hope it stays that way!

Wow, I didn't know that was possible. I sure hope you heal soon.  Hugs

I haven't kept up well with all the emails due to the MS flair I have been in.  It was making it too hard to read and think.  My body was not cooperating.

It seems to be easing up a bit. I got in a workout today.  YEA. 

Hi all,

I worked yesterday, and it was craaaaazy busy, but it was a pretty good day. I did my 3.5 mile walk commute. I didn't walk at lunch, so I ended up with 9732 steps, 4.45 miles total. I also had a really great stretching session last night. Felt wonderful. I'm resting today. 

Same here from me!

Me either, LOL. I am so glad you're feeling better! I hope it stays that way!

Wow, I didn't know that was possible. I sure hope you heal soon. Hugs

I haven't kept up well with all the emails due to the MS flair I have been in. It was making it too hard to read and think. My body was not cooperating.

It seems to be easing up a bit. I got in a workout today. YEA.

Hi all,

Thank you. Yesterday I got in my first workout !!! A. Omni. Today so far a wonderful 2.35 mile walk.

Hi all,

Great to hear!!

Thank you. Yesterday I got in my first workout !!! A. Omni. Today so far a wonderful 2.35 mile walk.

Hi all,