RemedySpot.com

workout log & 2012 goals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy New Year!

Inspired by , I found my 2011 log and revised it for 2012, starting with erasing the one month's worth of entries I had in it (yep, just January). I simplifed it, thinking that might make it easier to keep. I've gotten really good about logging my workouts in my workout spreadsheet finally (so I know when I last did a workout and comments about the workout so I'll remember what it is like) so hopefully it will be easy to keep this going too, as a way of helping me see how I'm doing in 2012. I wasn't doing as well as I'd wanted to right off in 2011 and I think I gave up the log because I was so disappointed in myself. I need to think a bit more about my 2012 goals but I think it will be at least 4 workouts per week most weeks, at least 20 minutes each workout (even if that means two 10 minute workouts during the day, just to push myself to do something on days I don't want to do anything). I've been doing 5 most weeks, 20 minutes minimum since September (except the last 2 weeks I've been at 3 per week but that's still really good for me with the kids home on break) so I think this is reasonable. I'm just not sure I should commit to all 52 weeks because I know there will be sickness and possibly injury slowing me down (like now with the darn foot that is better now but was awful last night and this morning). Okay, more thinking and, as of this moment, I'm making a minimum goal 192 workouts (4 workouts per week x 48 weeks) and 3840 total minutes (minimum of 20 minutes per workout, 4 workouts per week x 48 weeks, also 80 minutes per week goal). I'd like to surpass this but I will be very pleased with myself if I make it too. I have no benchmark to compare it too, since I've never actually tracked this stuff before, but it seems reasonable so, here I go! I'll be doing a walk with later today, provided the foot cooperates. If not, I'll do something else, anything else, just to start the new year off right!

My prayers are with all my amazing VF friends that 2012 brings us all and our families many blessings of health and joy!