RemedySpot.com

Re: Workouts and weight competition

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Indy that is so rad you are in the lead for this contest!!  Maybe will join you soon with CLX!

I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was (pleasantly) surprised that my " fastest " I could run in one minute had increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of " run like mad " /one minute then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)

Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal weight by then... maybe...

We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4 kids...Ouch!

Looks like HIIT tonight again.

Indyrose

I really thought the guys would be in the lead, (3 guys, 4 girls) but the top 3

are girls!

I don't know if I can stay on a pattern for a rotation. Right now, I'm just

using the CLX workouts for weight training, vs cardio every other day.

Indyrose

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was

> > (pleasantly) surprised that my " fastest " I could run in one minute had

> > increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of " run like mad " /one minute

> > then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks

> > in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole

> > workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help

> > that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)

> >

> > Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between HIIT

> > and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal weight

> > by then... maybe...

> >

> > We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost

> > 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one

> > person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life

> > is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4

> > kids...Ouch!

> >

> > Looks like HIIT tonight again.

> >

> > Indyrose

> >

> >

> >

>

Probably not this month but maybe in February! is dealing with major foot issues today. I banged the little toe side of the same stupid foot that has the pinched nerve yesterday, I think (might have been Sunday) and I have been in pain since yesterday, especially last night when I was going up and down the stairs a billion times. I think I need to ice it but I'm cold and don't want to (dumb, I know). I didn't work out this morning but might try to at least do abs or a stretch for a short while later on, just to be able to put something on my log! :-)

Btw, way to go Indy!!

Indy that is so rad you are in the lead for this contest!! Maybe will join you soon with CLX!

I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was (pleasantly) surprised that my "fastest" I could run in one minute had increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of "run like mad"/one minute then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal weight by then... maybe...We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4 kids...Ouch!Looks like HIIT tonight again.Indyrose

I TOTALLY HEAR YOU ON ICING!Icing your knee is one thing but icing your foot is quite another, it just seems to chill your whole body and it never seems to get warm again.It does seem to help though :)

Hugs,Your friend in foot issues

Probably not this month but maybe in February! is dealing with major foot issues today. I banged the little toe side of the same stupid foot that has the pinched nerve yesterday, I think (might have been Sunday) and I have been in pain since yesterday, especially last night when I was going up and down the stairs a billion times. I think I need to ice it but I'm cold and don't want to (dumb, I know). I didn't work out this morning but might try to at least do abs or a stretch for a short while later on, just to be able to put something on my log! :-)

Btw, way to go Indy!!

Indy that is so rad you are in the lead for this contest!!  Maybe will join you soon with CLX!

I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was (pleasantly) surprised that my " fastest " I could run in one minute had increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of " run like mad " /one minute then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal weight by then... maybe...We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4 kids...Ouch!Looks like HIIT tonight again.Indyrose

I'll try to do it after my last class this evening (while I'm on the couch watching Biggest Loser). I can wrap blankets around me, etc. I came in from the cold about an hour and a half ago and am still not really warm!

Thanks, !!!

Indy that is so rad you are in the lead for this contest!! Maybe will join you soon with CLX!

I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was (pleasantly) surprised that my "fastest" I could run in one minute had increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of "run like mad"/one minute then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal weight by then... maybe...We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4 kids...Ouch!Looks like HIIT tonight again.Indyrose

nancy,

arnica gel would work on your toe:) ouch!!

stacey

http://www.arnicare.com/arnicare-gel/

> >

> >> **

> >>

> >>

> >> I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was

> >> (pleasantly) surprised that my " fastest " I could run in one minute had

> >> increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of " run like mad " /one minute

> >> then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks

> >> in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole

> >> workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help

> >> that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)

> >>

> >> Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between

> >> HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal

> >> weight by then... maybe...

> >>

> >> We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost

> >> 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one

> >> person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life

> >> is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4

> >> kids...Ouch!

> >>

> >> Looks like HIIT tonight again.

> >>

> >> Indyrose

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

Thanks, Stacey! I'll check for it tomorrow, I didn't want to put ice on it tonight, my feet are freezing already!

nancy,arnica gel would work on your toe:) ouch!!staceyhttp://www.arnicare.com/arnicare-gel/> >> >> **> >>> >>> >> I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was> >> (pleasantly) surprised that my "fastest" I could run in one minute had> >> increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of "run like mad"/one minute> >> then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks> >> in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole> >> workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help> >> that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)> >>> >> Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between> >> HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal> >> weight by then... maybe...> >>> >> We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost> >> 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one> >> person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life> >> is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4> >> kids...Ouch!> >>> >> Looks like HIIT tonight again.> >>> >> Indyrose> >>> >>> > > >>

I HIGHLY recommend arnica and for warming . tiger balm. I use it on me and my dogs :)judy To: exercisevideos Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:10 PM Subject: Re: Workouts and weight competition

nancy,

arnica gel would work on your toe:) ouch!!

stacey

http://www.arnicare.com/arnicare-gel/

> >

> >> **

> >>

> >>

> >> I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was

> >> (pleasantly) surprised that my "fastest" I could run in one minute had

> >> increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of "run like mad"/one minute

> >> then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks

> >> in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole

> >> workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help

> >> that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)

> >>

> >> Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between

> >> HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal

> >> weight by then... maybe...

> >>

> >> We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost

> >> 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one

> >> person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life

> >> is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4

> >> kids...Ouch!

> >>

> >> Looks like HIIT tonight again.

> >>

> >> Indyrose

> >>

> >>

> >

> >

>

good to know, thanks, Judy!

nancy,arnica gel would work on your toe:) ouch!!staceyhttp://www.arnicare.com/arnicare-gel/> >> >> **> >>> >>> >> I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was> >> (pleasantly) surprised that my "fastest" I could run in one minute had> >> increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of "run like mad"/one minute> >> then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks> >> in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole> >> workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help> >> that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)> >>> >> Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between> >> HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal> >> weight by then... maybe...> >>> >> We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost> >> 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one> >> person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life> >> is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4> >> kids...Ouch!> >>> >> Looks like HIIT tonight again.> >>> >> Indyrose> >>> >>> > > >>

New questions on arnica...

I checked it out at the pharmacy and found only one thing (can't remember the name now) that had it is an ingredient but it was listed as an inactive ingredient. Does that mean it doesn't really matter that it is in there because it isn't really doing anything?

Also, I saw Tiger Balm too. How is it different from arnica (in terms of uses)?

Can I use either of these for just plain sore muscles?

I'm more "myself" than when I was answering earlier and was still really upset about the garage door (I'm fine about that now, not "fine" as in it's okay it happened, still ticked about that but it is what it is at this point). So, anyway, now my brain is buzzing with questions. Most of those things were $10 each and menthol was the main active ingredient. I know menthol is cooling but does it help that much with DOMS or anything? (The only thing I know about menthol is that it was in cigarettes I used to smoke and it was cooling but a bit harsh too! That was well over 20 years ago, btw.)

You can get arnica cream at Whole Foods; that's where I got it.  It should be the main ingredient and yes it is around 10 bux. It sounds like you are tight on cash.  I'd skip arnica for now and keep icing, esp. since you're already taking a prescription strength anti-inflammatory.

I will say though the arnica helped my shin splints..

I checked it out at the pharmacy and found only one thing (can't remember the name now) that had it is an ingredient but it was listed as an inactive ingredient. Does that mean it doesn't really matter that it is in there because it isn't really doing anything?

I'm more " myself " than when I was answering earlier and was still really upset about the garage door (I'm fine about that now, not " fine " as in it's okay it happened, still ticked about that but it is what it is at this point). So, anyway, now my brain is buzzing with questions. Most of those things were $10 each and menthol was the main active ingredient. I know menthol is cooling but does it help that much with DOMS or anything? (The only thing I know about menthol is that it was in cigarettes I used to smoke and it was cooling but a bit harsh too! That was well over 20 years ago, btw.)

nancy,arnica gel would work on your toe:) ouch!!staceyhttp://www.arnicare.com/arnicare-gel/> >> >> **> >>> >>> >> I did an HIIT workout on the treadmill in New Years day. I was> >> (pleasantly) surprised that my " fastest " I could run in one minute had> >> increased! Did a stretch/warm up, 20 minutes of " run like mad " /one minute> >> then walk for 2, and a cool down/stretch. I had also noticed that the walks> >> in between were actually faster paced than the walks I had used as my whole> >> workouts a year-and-a-half ago (before I joined this group.) It may help> >> that I'm not pushing as much weight around... :-)> >>> >> Last night I did a CLX Burn Circuit 2. I think I'll alternate between> >> HIIT and CLXs for the remainder of the month. I may be down to my ideal> >> weight by then... maybe...> >>> >> We had an official weigh-in this morning for the competition. I've lost> >> 5.97% since the beginning -- we still have a month to go. I only have one> >> person close to that, and he's been backsliding, he said. His family life> >> is in chaos, as his wife broke her leg, leaving him in charge of their 4> >> kids...Ouch!> >>> >> Looks like HIIT tonight again.> >>> >> Indyrose> >>> >>> > > >>

By main you mean main active ingredient, right? Thanks for the tip about Whole Foods!

Yeah, I'm not interested in spending $10 on something that might help but might not. If it were a definitely will work thing I'd be willing but it sounds good for other things but maybe not this. I'll ask my doc about it tomorrow and if he says yeah, get it, I will. Thanks tons for the help, (and also Stacey & Judy).

I use arnica gel for inflammation issues or I take traumeel which is oral arnica Tiger Balm is more like ben gay for sore muscles but it smells much better.. sort of like cider :)judy To: exercisevideos Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:52 PM Subject: Re: Workouts and weight competition

I'm more "myself" than when I was answering earlier and was still really upset about the garage door (I'm fine about that now, not "fine" as in it's okay it happened, still ticked about that but it is what it is at this point). So, anyway, now my brain is buzzing with questions. Most of those things were $10 each and menthol was the main active ingredient. I know menthol is cooling but does it help that much with DOMS or anything? (The only thing I know about menthol is that it was in cigarettes I used to smoke and it was cooling but a bit harsh too! That was well over 20 years ago, btw.)

It would have to smell better, eeew to Ben Gay! Thanks, Judy!