RemedySpot.com

Re: Stool Test

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi We had one done from the GPHe said himself it wasn't very good. Just looking at the results it checked for faec cal protect,criptosporidia ,salmonella,shigella,camplobacter and E coliKathSent from my iPad

Hi Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different types of stool test that the GP can issue? TIA x

Guest guest

So it doesnt check for Parasites then? Do you know if there is there only one test that they use? xTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: butler39@...Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:06:52 +0100Subject: Re: Stool Test

Hi We had one done from the GPHe said himself it wasn't very good. Just looking at the results it checked for faec cal protect,criptosporidia ,salmonella,shigella,camplobacter and E coliKathSent from my iPad

Hi Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different types of stool test that the GP can issue? TIA x

Guest guest

Thanks Kath, really appreciate your help. x To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: butler39@...Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:12:01 +0100Subject: Re: Stool Test

As far as I know . That's the only one my G P offered.Sent from my iPad

So it doesnt check for Parasites then? Do you know if there is there only one test that they use? xTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: butler39@...Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:06:52 +0100Subject: Re: Stool Test

Guest guest

As far as I know . That's the only one my G P offered.Sent from my iPad

Guest guest

We had one done via our GP at the local hospital (Southport), and they did test for parasites, and, amazingly, even though they weren't fixed samples, they detected B Hominis, D Fragilis, E Histolytica and E Coli!Joanne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi > > Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different types of stool test that the GP can issue?> > TIA> > x>

Guest guest

Thanks Jo, im wondering if because it was at hospital, it might have been a better test. Just a thought? x To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: joanneallman@...Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:37:14 +0000Subject: Re: Stool Test

We had one done via our GP at the local hospital (Southport), and they did test for parasites, and, amazingly, even though they weren't fixed samples, they detected B Hominis, D Fragilis, E Histolytica and E Coli!Joanne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi > > Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different types of stool test that the GP can issue?> > TIA> > x>

Guest guest

I would have thought all stool tests ordered by the GP would be carried out at the hospital?The problem with the NHS stool tests is that they don't use fixed samples (i e no preservatives), so by the time the sample gets to the lab, it has deteriorated, making parasite detection difficult. In our case, Southport Hospital lab did detect the parasites, but I think that's probably unusual. So, there may be a lot of false negative results.We also used the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine parasitology lab http://www.parasite-referencelab.co.uk/, which uses fixed samples. They used to charge £55 (don't know if it's gone up since then), but you have to get your GP involved, as they won't release the results to patients. Our GP was happy to receive the results and pass them on to us, though we still paid for the testing.Joanne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi > > > > Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different types of stool test that the GP can issue?> > > > TIA> > > > x> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Jo x To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: joanneallman@...Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:52:23 +0000Subject: Re: Stool Test

I would have thought all stool tests ordered by the GP would be carried out at the hospital?The problem with the NHS stool tests is that they don't use fixed samples (i e no preservatives), so by the time the sample gets to the lab, it has deteriorated, making parasite detection difficult. In our case, Southport Hospital lab did detect the parasites, but I think that's probably unusual. So, there may be a lot of false negative results.We also used the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine parasitology lab http://www.parasite-referencelab.co.uk/, which uses fixed samples. They used to charge £55 (don't know if it's gone up since then), but you have to get your GP involved, as they won't release the results to patients. Our GP was happy to receive the results and pass them on to us, though we still paid for the testing.Joanne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi > > > > Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different types of stool test that the GP can issue?> > > > TIA> > > > x> >>

Guest guest

I wonder if the LSTH hospital would work with dr G (loads of us don't have a

working relationship with our gp)

Hmm...

jane

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Hi

> > >

> > > Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different

types of stool test that the GP can issue?

> > >

> > > TIA

> > >

> > > x

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

That's a good idea, Jane! Would be worth asking him - and them.Joanne> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hi > > > > > > > > Anyone know what a GP stool test would test for, or are there different types of stool test that the GP can issue?> > > > > > > > TIA> > > > > > > > x> > > >> > >> >>