RemedySpot.com

Re: small victories..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey, , you're the one who taught me to call it " Taco Hell. " :-)

I like Nate's phrase! Where do you come up with all this good stuff anyway??

:-)

>

> Trying hard to eat clean right now. Flo came today and I was craving Taco

> Bell big time. It's my biggest food weakness. I worked there as a

> teenager, ate there every day, and could STILL eat there every day!

>

> A trip to their nutrition calculator online though really makes you think

> twice. Just two simple items like a bean burrito and a taco can be around

> 600 calories though, not to mention the carbs and fat.. and the fact it's

> highly processed and of poor quality, etc etc etc nonetheless it took a lot

> of self talk to not go there after work.

>

> At home I had something similar. Was it as good as TB? No.... but

> nutrient wise and calorie wise it was much better. Used low carb tortilla

> with fat free beans, lots of onions, some fat free cheese and enchillada

> sauce and had that instead. My friend Nate quotes, " suffer the pain of

> discipline or suffer the pain of regret " . It held true in this case! No

> regrets here!

>

>

>

This is a BIG victory, ! Don't underestimate your strength to move closer to your goals, you did amazingly well and I am so thrilled to hear this! Next time you feel like caving to cravings, remember how you resisted and came up with an alternative that worked well and you will be able to do it more and more. Way to go!!!

small victories..

Trying hard to eat clean right now. Flo came today and I was craving Taco Bell big time. It's my biggest food weakness. I worked there as a teenager, ate there every day, and could STILL eat there every day! A trip to their nutrition calculator online though really makes you think twice. Just two simple items like a bean burrito and a taco can be around 600 calories though, not to mention the carbs and fat.. and the fact it's highly processed and of poor quality, etc etc etc nonetheless it took a lot of self talk to not go there after work. At home I had something similar. Was it as good as TB? No.... but nutrient wise and calorie wise it was much better. Used low carb tortilla with fat free beans, lots of onions, some fat free cheese and enchillada sauce and had that instead. My friend Nate quotes, "suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret". It held true in this case! No regrets here!

Used low carb tortilla with fat free beans, lots of onions, some fat free cheese and enchillada sauce and had that instead.

You have to get accustomed to eating like that and once you do it will taste better to you then the real thing. I know that is hard to believe. I eat things now that I never though I'd eat. I'm a huge fan of soy and I couldn't imagine eating any of that a few years ago. tasted my dinner the other day (I cook something different for them) and he about grossed out. I wouldn't too a long time ago.

My problem is eating too much dry cereal. I find myself in the kitchen every 5 minutes eating a handful. Ugh, gotta stop that.

Taco Bell is definitely good. I haven't had it in years, but Mcs is my weakness and I do allow myself to eat there once a week.

Good for you for making that change with your meal. It will get easier, trust me.

~

She's right. I actually look forward to the veggies! I never would have thought

that. I haven't gotten over the love of bad things, though...

Indyrose

>

>

>

> In a message dated 1/3/2012 10:55:10 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> pinkpussycat@... writes:

>

> Used low carb tortilla with fat free beans, lots of onions, some fat free

> cheese and enchillada sauce and had that instead.

>

> You have to get accustomed to eating like that and once you do it will

> taste better to you then the real thing. I know that is hard to believe. I

> eat things now that I never though I'd eat. I'm a huge fan of soy and I

> couldn't imagine eating any of that a few years ago. tasted my

dinner

> the other day (I cook something different for them) and he about grossed

> out. I wouldn't too a long time ago.

>

> My problem is eating too much dry cereal. I find myself in the kitchen

> every 5 minutes eating a handful. Ugh, gotta stop that.

>

> Taco Bell is definitely good. I haven't had it in years, but Mcs

> is my weakness and I do allow myself to eat there once a week.

>

> Good for you for making that change with your meal. It will get easier,

> trust me.

>

> ~

>

I haven't gotten over the love of bad things, though...

I haven't either and I let myself enjoy them on the weekend. Through week I'm super strict (well except for the stupid dried cereal) and I eat tons of fruits and veggies. In fact, today I had a whole dinner plate of raw veggies and with supper another big bowl with a chicken breast and sweet potato. Oh and I drink lots of water through the week. Today, so far I've drank 7 cups. I will drink 2 more before the day is over. On the weekend I'm lucky to drink 1 cup.

I do look forward to the weekend though. I love my ice mochas and sweet stuff. I think we have to let ourselves go at least one day a week or we will get so stinkin tired of eating healthy that there will come a time that we will ditch it and go crazy and eat everything in sight. I know that on Saturday morning I can have any kind of breakfast I want without any sparkpeople and Monday morning I'm friends again with sparkpeople and back on track. :)

~

I love hearing about what you eat, !  I aim to eat lots of veggies, boneless skinless chicken breasts and sweet potatoes too - your basic bodybuilder type diet.  I admire your discipline to be so strict for 5 days in a row!  

Do you use the Sparkpeople menu ideas and such?  I like that you have a cheat day too - it's actually GOOD for you to have those, not just psychologically but physically, it's good to shock the system with change, confuse it, once in awhile. 

If I had dry cereal around I'd eat the whole box, which is precisely why I don't buy it! 

I haven't gotten over the love of bad things, though...

I haven't either and I let myself enjoy them on the weekend.  Through week I'm super strict (well except for the stupid dried cereal) and I eat tons of fruits and veggies.  In fact, today I had a whole dinner plate of raw veggies and with supper another big bowl with a chicken breast and sweet potato.  Oh and I drink lots of water through the week.  Today, so far I've drank 7 cups.  I will drink 2 more before the day is over.  On the weekend I'm lucky to drink 1 cup. 

I do look forward to the weekend though.  I love my ice mochas and sweet stuff.  I think we have to let ourselves go at least one day a week or we will get so stinkin tired of eating healthy that there will come a time that we will ditch it and go crazy and eat everything in sight.  I know that on Saturday morning I can have any kind of breakfast I want without any sparkpeople and Monday morning I'm friends again with sparkpeople and back on track.    :)  

~

Dry cereal fix... figure out how many calories/fat/carbs or whatever you care about is in each handful (put a handful in a measuring cup and figure out much you're taking each time) and that will help to stop you. Also, if you're grabbing what I call stupid stuff like that (for me, it is pretzels, which is why they are not in the house now) then ask yourself "Am I hungry?" before you grab the next handful. If you are, grab a piece of fruit instead or have the cereal with milk and fruit. If not, do anything else.

I've been into my husband's dry fruit mix today (not terrible but very high in sugar/calories). I'm stressed and sleep-deprived. I was just writing this and had to get up for something and automatically headed for the cupboard too. I asked myself, am I hungry and decided that yes, I actually am and got a banana instead. I feel better too. One small victory for me...

The guy was just here for the garage door. He actually managed to straighten out the dents and get it working again which is truly amazing (I'll post pics of the damage later). The only problem now is that the windows on it got broken too so DH is going to put cardboard over them for now. We can't get just the windows fixed, have to replace the whole door. Just over $1,000 bucks and we'd have to have it painted at some point too. DH called the insurance company to see if might be covered and an adjuster is coming out tomorrow. We'd still have to pay a $500 deductible but that's better than twice that amount. Only $120 today and we can use the door so no need to make a decision this minute which is good too. There are lots of blessings. Sometimes they seem to be covered in manure but when we look closely enough, they're there...

Used low carb tortilla with fat free beans, lots of onions, some fat free cheese and enchillada sauce and had that instead.

You have to get accustomed to eating like that and once you do it will taste better to you then the real thing. I know that is hard to believe. I eat things now that I never though I'd eat. I'm a huge fan of soy and I couldn't imagine eating any of that a few years ago. tasted my dinner the other day (I cook something different for them) and he about grossed out. I wouldn't too a long time ago.

My problem is eating too much dry cereal. I find myself in the kitchen every 5 minutes eating a handful. Ugh, gotta stop that.

Taco Bell is definitely good. I haven't had it in years, but Mcs is my weakness and I do allow myself to eat there once a week.

Good for you for making that change with your meal. It will get easier, trust me.

~

I ditto everything you said! :-)

She's right. I actually look forward to the veggies! I never would have thought that. I haven't gotten over the love of bad things, though...Indyrose>> > > > > Used low carb tortilla with fat free beans, lots of onions, some fat free > cheese and enchillada sauce and had that instead. > > You have to get accustomed to eating like that and once you do it will > taste better to you then the real thing. I know that is hard to believe. I > eat things now that I never though I'd eat. I'm a huge fan of soy and I > couldn't imagine eating any of that a few years ago. tasted my dinner > the other day (I cook something different for them) and he about grossed > out. I wouldn't too a long time ago.> > My problem is eating too much dry cereal. I find myself in the kitchen > every 5 minutes eating a handful. Ugh, gotta stop that.> > Taco Bell is definitely good. I haven't had it in years, but Mcs > is my weakness and I do allow myself to eat there once a week.> > Good for you for making that change with your meal. It will get easier, > trust me. > > ~>

The only problem now is that the windows on it got broken too so DH is going to put cardboard over them for now. We can't get just the windows fixed, have to replace the whole door. Just over $1,000 bucks and we'd have to have it painted at some point too.

Ugh on the door. It's always something to take our money, doesn't it seem to be that way? I hope you don't have to put out very much.

Our daughter just bought a brand new car 2 days ago and hit a bottle by her mailbox and had to replace the tire for $300. It slit it all the way down the side. I told her at least she didn't get in a wreck.

On the cereal.... I weigh it by the gram. I usually only get 10 grams at a time, which is about a couple tbs. The problem is I keep doing it lol. So when I record my calories I end up with 30 or 40 grams of cereal lol.

~

Do you use the Sparkpeople menu ideas and such?

I have before, but don't anymore. I'm in such a rut with my food that I reach for the same stuff everyday. I do love sparkpeople though.

~

Yep, I finally had a little bit saved (trying to restart an emergency fund while simultaneously paying off the credit card) and whammo. It just figures. Oh well, could have been worse. Major bummer on your daughter's tire!! OUCH!! I was sure we were going to be out close to that for DH's tire but it wasn't as bad as it sounded (I thought he'd damaged the rim too) and he had road hazard so it was replaced for free (a definite blessing there).

That's so awesome that you weigh the cereal and at least know how much you're taking! That is so much better than totally mindless nibbling. You're way further ahead than most people, !

The only problem now is that the windows on it got broken too so DH is going to put cardboard over them for now. We can't get just the windows fixed, have to replace the whole door. Just over $1,000 bucks and we'd have to have it painted at some point too.

Ugh on the door. It's always something to take our money, doesn't it seem to be that way? I hope you don't have to put out very much.

Our daughter just bought a brand new car 2 days ago and hit a bottle by her mailbox and had to replace the tire for $300. It slit it all the way down the side. I told her at least she didn't get in a wreck.

On the cereal.... I weigh it by the gram. I usually only get 10 grams at a time, which is about a couple tbs. The problem is I keep doing it lol. So when I record my calories I end up with 30 or 40 grams of cereal lol.

~

I do a cheat day once a week too. I do mine on Sunday but sometimes I start

early on Saturday night. You're right, , it is good to let yourself have

that to get rid of the psychological cravings. I really need a little ice cream

and pizza now and then! :)

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > **

> >

> >

> > In a message dated 1/4/2012 3:35:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> > indyrose@... writes:

> >

> > I haven't gotten over the love of bad things, though...

> >

> >

> > I haven't either and I let myself enjoy them on the weekend. Through week

> > I'm super strict (well except for the stupid dried cereal) and I eat tons

> > of fruits and veggies. In fact, today I had a whole dinner plate of raw

> > veggies and with supper another big bowl with a chicken breast and sweet

> > potato. Oh and I drink lots of water through the week. Today, so far I've

> > drank 7 cups. I will drink 2 more before the day is over. On the weekend

> > I'm lucky to drink 1 cup.

> >

> > I do look forward to the weekend though. I love my ice mochas and sweet

> > stuff. I think we have to let ourselves go at least one day a week or we