RemedySpot.com

Thursday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Be careful with the " working through " idea! I think that's how I got sidelined

here! The combo of butt, hamstrings and lower back doesn't sound good at all!

Listen to what your body is telling you.

Indyrose

>

> Good morning!

> I started getting DOMS last night in my butt and hamstrings and my

> left side of my low back was throbbing. I had a feeling I'd be sorry this

> morning. I got woke up really quick after crawling out of bed and sitting on

> the toilet. WOW, I have some DOMS. That left side of my low back is

> still hurting. I don't like that AT ALL.

>

> I pressed on as I always do. I did 4 Day Split High Intensity Step

> (warm up and cardio only) then did meso 3 biceps. After that, I did

> Athletic Training abs and stretch. I really like this ab routine. I wasn't

> sure I'd have time for all of this, but I got it all done in an hour. My

> weights seemed wimpy again, but I'm just so sore all over that those

assisting

> muscles were not happy.

>

>

> BICEPS- 4 sets 8 reps

> Bar Bell curls 40

> Incline curl 17

> Seated concentration curl 15

>

>

> I've been sore all week so far. I'm hoping this rotation isn't over

> kill and I end up over training. If I start to feel that it is I might have

> to back off a week and finish it the following week. For right now I'm

> going to keep going.

>

> I burned 401 calories, avg 137, max 179

>

>

> Have a great day!

>

> ~~

>

Hi!Not an expert, but my guess is your muscles loosened up a bit w/ the step - however, you are right - foward bending can be very aggravating. Although it may seem counter-intuitive (it did to me also at first) back bending (gently) may actually be more helpful. Also reclined leg stretches would also be beneficial and gentle reclined twisting poses. But, gentle is the word - no forcing.... a lot of times my back will pop back into place w/ a gentle reclined twist.

((HUGS))

Donna

Subject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, December 15, 2011, 8:45 AM

Good morning

I didn't know what workout to do this morning, but I knew I wanted cardio. I wanted step, but wasn't sure how my back would do.

I ended up doing Step Moves and then added on Yoga Shakti at the end. When I started the stepping my back was throbbing and towards the middle it seemed to ease up (WTH?). When I got to the yoga I tried to go a little lighter with my forward bending because that seems to aggravate it as well.

Anyway, I got through it all and that's all that matters to me.

I burned 437 calories, avg 142, max 177

Have a great day!~~

I hear what you're saying on the back bending and the twisting stretches. I've been wondering why yoga seems to make it start hurting and I realized this morning that its probably the forward bending. I also think you're right about the muscles warming up with the stepping. I didn't think about that.You know this all started after I did Cathe's tri set lower body. Something happened then, I'm just almost sure of it. I'm going to be so scared to do that one again. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: Thursday WorkoutDate: Thu, Dec 15, 2011 10:36 am Hi!Not an expert, but my guess is your muscles loosened up a bit w/ the step - however, you are right - foward bending can be very aggravating. Although it may seem counter-intuitive (it did to me also at first) back bending (gently) may actually be more helpful. Also reclined leg stretches would also be beneficial and gentle reclined twisting poses. But, gentle is the word - no forcing.... a lot of times my back will pop back into place w/ a gentle reclined twist. ((HUGS))DonnaSubject: Thursday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Thursday, December 15, 2011, 8:45 AM Good morning I didn't know what workout to do this morning, but I knew I wanted cardio. I wanted step, but wasn't sure how my back would do. I ended up doing Step Moves and then added on Yoga Shakti at the end. When I started the stepping my back was throbbing and towards the middle it seemed to ease up (WTH?). When I got to the yoga I tried to go a little lighter with my forward bending because that seems to aggravate it as well. Anyway, I got through it all and that's all that matters to me. I burned 437 calories, avg 142, max 177 Have a great day!~~

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps increasing the amount of time between cardio might help. Just something to think about. It's tricky.

So you mean adding more cardio? I'm getting in about 2 to 3 days a week and have been doing that for a really long time now.

~

Hi ,

Can you send a link for the newsletter? I'm interested in trying that test too. I don't know that I'll even do as well as you though, since I'd have thought you'd be in super great shape all the way around. Your weights certainly are awesome and you do killer cardio workouts too. Maybe you need to try the test again on another day and see if you get different results? I dunno but I certainly understand the frustration!

Thursday Workout

Good morning!

Today was cardio and biceps. I started out with CTX All Step and did the cardio. Then went to S & H biceps.

(12 reps- 3 sets)

DB curls 15

Hammer curls 12

BB curls 25

Wrist curls 20

Reverse curls 5

I added on the abs from this workout. Short but effective!!!

After reading Cathe's newsletter the other day I decided to try the cardio test where you see how quickly your heart rate comes down in a minute. I wasn't too happy with my numbers. I even used a stop watch to make sure I was at a minute. My heart rate was 181 and dropped to 167 in a minute. Not good. I guess I might not be as fit as I thought I was. Maybe I need to do more cardio or harder cardio, I don't know.

I burned 430 calories, avg 133, max 184 and this took 65 minutes for all.

Have a great day!~~

Wow, that's interesting!! Definitely something to think about (for , not me)! :-)

Re: Thursday Workout

Hi ,

The opposite could be true too. Sometimes overtraining can cause an increased resting heart rate and/or decreased aerobic capacity. Perhaps increasing the amount of time between cardio might help. Just something to think about. It's tricky.

Good morning!

Today was cardio and biceps. I started out with CTX All Step and did the cardio. Then went to S & H biceps.

(12 reps- 3 sets)

DB curls 15

Hammer curls 12

BB curls 25

Wrist curls 20

Reverse curls 5

I added on the abs from this workout. Short but effective!!!

After reading Cathe's newsletter the other day I decided to try the cardio test where you see how quickly your heart rate comes down in a minute. I wasn't too happy with my numbers. I even used a stop watch to make sure I was at a minute. My heart rate was 181 and dropped to 167 in a minute. Not good. I guess I might not be as fit as I thought I was. Maybe I need to do more cardio or harder cardio, I don't know.

I burned 430 calories, avg 133, max 184 and this took 65 minutes for all.

Have a great day!~~

I think she was saying resting longer between cardio sessions, not adding more, in case it is actual overtraining, instead of not doing enough.

Re: Thursday Workout

Perhaps increasing the amount of time between cardio might help. Just something to think about. It's tricky.

So you mean adding more cardio? I'm getting in about 2 to 3 days a week and have been doing that for a really long time now.

~

Can you send a link for the newsletter? I'm interested in trying that test too.

Here it is, !!!

Cathe Friedrich - How to Measure Heart Rate Recovery After Exercise and Why It’s Important

~

Good morning!

Well, went back to school this morning and she wasn't happy about it. 5 am was rough for me, I'll get use to it again though. and I both will look forward to any days off lol.

So this morning I did 's second step boxing workout. This one was just as fun as the first. I wore my 1 lb weighted gloves again and got a really good cardio workout in that 30 minutes. I hate how the stretch is separate and you have to go back to the main screen to do it. I think I want to now do some of the premixes in-between my Firm days.

I added on yoga to the end and did e Corn Detox. I did the second routine which is an hour. I didn't have an hour so I did the first 20 minutes. I really enjoyed that section. She talks about how your liver and other organs work. Her info was quite interesting. I think I'll just do this one in parts and hopefully one day have enough time to do it all at one time.

With the cardio and yoga I burned 343 calories, avg 136, max 169 and for the cardio I got in over 3,400 steps. Good start for me.

Have a great day!~~

Sorry you are having rough nights sleeping. DH was on pain meds and ambien and it still didn't get him to sleep well either. They just changed his meds, I can't think of the name of the med off the top of my head, but it's been working wonders. They said it was originally for mood stabilizers, but they have been using it to treat insomnia. Hopefully you get some sleep soon. What do you take? I usually take melatonin b/c anything Tylenol upsets my stomach. KASSIAwife,mother,student,kettlebellehttp://ldysolana.blogspot.com