RemedySpot.com

Re: Zinc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What type of zinc is it? Can cause nausea which can cause behaviours but shold be OK as you are giving with food

Mx

Hi everyone, We have recently tried to increase DSs dose of zinc and we are now finding his behaviour more difficult and he has problems falling to sleep in the evening. He has also shown aggression to me. Is there another supp that should be given alongside zinc to make it tolerated better? We give it with food, morning and evening. Can zinc be a problem for kids who have problems with oxalates? Really don't want to drop dose back down because we feel that it is helping him in other ways. TIA Sue

Guest guest

It is zinc picolinate by Metabolics. Have increased from 1capsule to 2 capsules over a 2week period. Could this cause die-off or increase yeast for any reason? Thnx Sue To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Wednesday, 20 June 2012, 9:36 Subject: Re: Zinc

What type of zinc is it? Can cause nausea which can cause behaviours but shold be OK as you are giving with food

Mx

Hi everyone, We have recently tried to increase DSs dose of zinc and we are now finding his behaviour more difficult and he has problems falling to sleep in the evening. He has also shown aggression to me. Is there another supp that should be given alongside zinc to make it tolerated better? We give it with food, morning and evening. Can zinc be a problem for kids who have problems with oxalates? Really don't want to drop dose back down because we feel that it is helping him in other ways. TIA Sue

Guest guest

Not something that could cause die off IMHO, I have never used that type of zinc

Mx

It is zinc picolinate by Metabolics. Have increased from 1capsule to 2 capsules over a 2week period. Could this cause die-off or increase yeast for any reason? Thnx Sue

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Wednesday, 20 June 2012, 9:36Subject: Re: Zinc

Mx

Guest guest

Doesn't zinc inactivate DPP-IV i read somewhere and so shouldn't be given with enzymes containing that as the enzymes would not then have an effect - which perhaps would then affect behaviour. Zinc timing seems really difficult given the nauseous feelings it can cause without food. (When I take Zc Picolinate without food before bed ie optimum for absorption - I feel v. sick). CSubject: ZincTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Date: Wednesday, 20 June, 2012, 4:34

Guest guest

Zinc won;t knock out enzymes completely, it may have a slight effect

Mx

Doesn't zinc inactivate DPP-IV i read somewhere and so shouldn't be given with enzymes containing that as the enzymes would not then have an effect - which perhaps would then affect behaviour. Zinc timing seems really difficult given the nauseous feelings it can cause without food. (When I take Zc Picolinate without food before bed ie optimum for absorption - I feel v. sick). C

Subject: ZincTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Date: Wednesday, 20 June, 2012, 4:34

Guest guest

I remember reading Sue that larger doses of zinc can activate glutamate

receptors? Maybe I dreamt that too. What I mgiht suggest is another form.

Perhaps monomethionine?

Anita

>

> Hi everyone, We have recently tried to increase DSs dose of zinc and we are

now finding his behaviour more difficult and he has problems falling to sleep in

the evening. He has also shown aggression to me. Is there another supp that

should be given alongside zinc to make it tolerated better? We give it with

food, morning and evening. Can zinc be a problem for kids who have problems with

oxalates? Really don't want to drop dose back down because we feel that it is

helping him in other ways. TIA Sue

>

Guest guest

This is what I received from Devin Houston when I wrote him a few years ago.

Maybe he has a bit more info now? I did what he said because ds had such bad

disgestion and such a high need for zinc.

Hi Anita;

It is true that DPP IV found in human tissue can be inhibited by zinc, but we

don't know if this applies to the fungal derived dpp IV. Also, any inhibition

would be temporary and gone when the zinc is away from the enzyme. Since some

level of zinc is present in all tissues where DPP IV works, I don't think it is

much to worry about.

What I suggest is giving the zinc away from the enzymes, for example, say an

hour after a meal rather than with the meal. This will ensure that the enzyme

will work on the food before the zinc is present.

Best regards,

Devin Houston, Ph.D.

President/CEO

Houston Nutraceuticals, Inc

www.houstonni.com

>

>

> Subject: Zinc

> To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

> Date: Wednesday, 20 June, 2012, 4:34

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi everyone, We have recently tried to increase DSs dose of zinc and we

are now finding his behaviour more difficult and he has problems falling to

sleep in the evening. He has also shown aggression to me. Is there another supp

that should be given alongside zinc to make it tolerated better? We give it with

food, morning and evening. Can zinc be a problem for kids who have problems with

oxalates? Really don't want to drop dose back down because we feel that it is

helping him in other ways. TIA Sue

>

Guest guest

I don't have an answer as such but wanted to say that we have always had to be

very careful with zinc dosages and behaviour. Used to use bio care zinc

ascorbate and would monitor very carefully whether chris was tolerating so we

could get upto his max dose - increasing one drop at a time.

Sent from my iPhone