RemedySpot.com

Was: OT School Holidays Now: Social Work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Once we got the carers, things were OK for a while, then during the Christmas holidays he went into constant meltdown and assaulted two of the carers. Funnily enough, it was all taken seriously then. We were allocated an adult social worker who was a revelation. I didn’t know that social workers could be competent, dedicated and actually want to help. She told me that I should be going for a residential placement and then proceeded to find something that met his needs. It’s out of area but she fought for funding and he moved in the day after he left school. He’s been there six weeks and is doing brilliantly. Now I just need to find a job ...

BW

Nic

Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 1:35 PM

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe

Subject: Re: OT School Holidays

That's a load of tosh isn't it, doesn't matter how old you are, well it costing them now!

I refused to go out anymore when he was really aggressive, local sessional workers at 2:1 would not work with him which added weight to what me and siblings went through. He's in 52 week WEEKLY placement now and doing so so well but I miss him like crazy still and its nearly been a year.......

Mx

As it was me and my older son getting thumped and we were both over 18, children and families social work didn’t have any responsibility to help.

Guest guest

Excellent, Sam displays very few of these behaviours at school, at first they wondered why he was there I think, social with staff, follows routines, does work experience, all sorts and way better outing opportunities than I could ever offer. Things have got more complicated since seizures started and aggression is deffo related to the pre seziure activity

Mx

He’s been there six weeks and is doing brilliantly