RemedySpot.com

Thursday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yay, great modifications !  I am finding myself modifying a lot.  Not necessarily because I can't " handle " it, but just what I think my body needs more.  Like for instance, today Cathe did a ton of bicycle crunches.  I stopped partially through and did other ab exercises.  Still got an awesome burn, but focuses moreso on my lower and upper abs too, not as much transverse.  I do like how we're so experienced enough we can make each workout our own!

D

I really had no idea what workout to do when I got up this morning.     I decided to do Cardio Super Sets again.  I've only done it once and wanted to change it up a bit just to see how I'd feel.  So on the pushups I did jumping jacks ( 35 of them).  On the cross over pushups I did squat jumps.    On the burpees I did high knees.  When she started doing the legs crossed with the planks I would do the high knees and then when she switched it and was doing the knee in planks I fast jogged in place.   My heart rate really spiked and I was saving my low back a lot of discomfort. 

I didn't use the disk at any time and it worked great.  In fact, I think my heart rate got higher doing it all without them.

I did just the warm up and cardio of this . I stopped it there and put in Power Yoga For Happiness 2 and did the " shoulder high " routine, which again I had to stop short because of time.

For both workouts I burned 409 calories, avg 142, max 179 and my steps were around 3,300.

Off to take Lilly to the groomer.  9 am appointment.  

Have a great day!~~

• 3 weeks later...

> left side of my low back is still hurting. I don't like that AT ALL.

> I pressed on as I always do. I did 4 Day Split High Intensity

> Step

hi michelle - um, your back was hurting and you still did high

intensity step? wow, please be careful. i know that you are

strong but still ....

:*carolyn.

hi michelle - um, your back was hurting and you still did high intensity step? wow, please be careful. i know that you are strong but still ....

I know. Sometimes I'm not real smart when it comes to exercise. I did yoga yesterday and it seemed to help, but when we walked the dogs last night it hurt. It went away and now when I got up this morning and am sitting here at the computer its hurting again. I don't get it. Its on my lower left side right above my butt. says it sounds like one of those spermatic nerves? I don't know. It doesn't feel like when my entire low back hurts from doing dead lifts, this feels like something different because its in one little spot.

~~

• 3 weeks later...

I meant less, actually. I meant to let more time pass between cardio sessions especially if they are intense. The body sometimes asks for a change, at least for a while.

Perhaps increasing the amount of time between cardio might help. Just something to think about. It's tricky.

So you mean adding more cardio?  I'm getting in about 2 to 3 days a week and have been doing that for a really long time now.  

~

Thanks, !

(going quickly through email, will check it in a bit)

Re: Thursday Workout

Can you send a link for the newsletter? I'm interested in trying that test too.

Here it is, !!!

Cathe Friedrich - How to Measure Heart Rate Recovery After Exercise and Why It’s Important

~

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning!

This morning I really wanted to try 's new Cardio Interval workout. I did block two last night (10 min) just for my steps and that one seemed fun. So I figured if I took something to knock me out last night I'd have some energy to do it.

Well, I slept fairly well (but only because of the pill) so I decided to just go with it. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to all the jumping.

I am SO glad this workout is done. I came so close to stopping so many times. There is so much jumping and fast movements that it was getting hard to keep up.

In my honest opinion I think this workout is just too over the top. I think its just too much with the blocks being done twice. I know she's switching sides, but if she done them one time through it wouldn't be so much. I'm speaking for all her peak workouts too.

I hate to say this, but I think I regret buying this one. Her other Peaks were enough for me. The workout felt really hard and that made me mad at myself because it should've been cake for as long as I worked out over the years. I'm thinking I will use this and maybe her other cardio peak as add ons to other workouts. Maybe using just a few blocks at a time. I don't know....

I burned 583 calories, avg 166, max 189. I also got in 6,510 steps. So my numbers are good, but hell, I had to half kill myself to get them.

Have a great day!~~