RemedySpot.com

Re: surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ladies,I posted on vf that I had a hysterectomy. Any advice as to recovery and what to expect. I did leslie yesterday and today. Supposedly the workout is supposed to help decrease fevers by increasing the air movement in my lungs per the doc.Today the fever was worse all day instead of just the evening. He won't give me antibiotics or an incentive spirometer. I order my own from amazon. Subject: Re: CLXTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 10:11 PM

Wow!!! Not only walking 8 miles but being able to go back to CLX! That is so awesome!

CLX

Happy Happy!

I walked 8 miles yesterday to get to Kaiser, then took the bus home.

Today I decided to start back with CLX, just the strength workouts. I'll do bike/walking instead of the CLX cardio. I will also do yoga.

The first workouts are shorter, and I thought it would be a really great way to break back in. I'll see how this goes. If progress is slow, I might do the whole 3 month thing. If I progress faster, then I think I'll just do 2 weeks of each circuit and move on.

I did Burn Circuit 1 today. I used super light weights, and did 10 reps instead of 12. The only problem I had was with the push ups. That prone position still irritates my head, but it didn't lead to anything worse than an irritated feeling and increased ringing in my ears. It's going to feel scary to get into those bending-forward/prone positions for a while.

Next time I'll do inclined push ups using my ropes or using the STS tower.

I'm so glad I won't have to sell off my DVD collection & gear, at least not yet. ;)

Happy, HAPPY workouts!

Look at you!  Doing a after surgery!  Right ON!!!

Hi ladies,I posted on vf that I had a hysterectomy.  Any advice as to recovery and what to expect.  I did leslie yesterday and today.  Supposedly the workout is supposed to help decrease fevers by increasing the air movement in my lungs per the doc.

Today the fever was worse all day instead of just the evening.  He won't give me antibiotics or an incentive spirometer.  I order my own from amazon. 

Subject: Re: CLXTo: exercisevideos

Date: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 10:11 PM

Wow!!! Not only walking 8 miles but being able to go back to CLX! That is so awesome!

CLX

Happy Happy!

Today I decided to start back with CLX, just the strength workouts. I'll do bike/walking instead of the CLX cardio. I will also do yoga.

The first workouts are shorter, and I thought it would be a really great way to break back in. I'll see how this goes. If progress is slow, I might do the whole 3 month thing. If I progress faster, then I think I'll just do 2 weeks of each circuit and move on.

I did Burn Circuit 1 today. I used super light weights, and did 10 reps instead of 12. The only problem I had was with the push ups. That prone position still irritates my head, but it didn't lead to anything worse than an irritated feeling and increased ringing in my ears. It's going to feel scary to get into those bending-forward/prone positions for a while. 

I'm so glad I won't have to sell off my DVD collection & gear, at least not yet. ;)

Happy, HAPPY workouts!

My lungs are collapsed at the bases so he said to increase the workouts to improve my breathing. I sleep after I workout due to exhaustion. Its been about a week??? No more than that. I got in my 10,000 steps. the lousy doc says if the lungs don't improve he wants to put me in the hospital. Monday is my checkup. I only had 3 days to improve. I still have a fever most of the time. I don't want to go back to the torture chamber. Not ever again.

Subject: Re: CLXTo: exercisevideos

CLX

Happy Happy!

Happy, HAPPY workouts!

> I posted on vf that I had a hysterectomy.

OMG!!! cindy, i just read your post on VF. i am very shocked

and horrified and am so very sorry that this has happened to you,

and is still happening. now i understand your comment about the

hospital being a torture chamber. i dont think that i would try

to workout, even just to leslie. when my friend recently had a

hysterectomy, she was off work for 6 WEEKS to recover!! can you

show your dr the message that you posted on VF? how much do you

have to pay in your state for this disgusting health care?? i

cannot see that happening where i live, but of course this is

canada where the hospitals are run by the govt and not private

companies.

when you get re-admitted for your lungs, it will hopefully be on

a different floor with different nurses and doctors.

i am so thankful for your husband!!!!

:*carolyn.

Hi, I hope you feel better! I think that I would pester that doctor's office about the fever.  I wish I could help, but I don't have any experience with this. Can you change doctors? 

My lungs are collapsed at the bases so he said to increase the workouts to improve my breathing.  I sleep after I workout due to exhaustion.  Its been about a week???  No more than that.  I got in my 10,000 steps.  the lousy doc says if the lungs don't improve he wants to put me in the hospital.  Monday is my checkup.  I only had 3 days to improve.  I still have a fever most of the time.  I don't want to go back to the torture chamber.  Not ever again. 

Subject: Re: CLX

To: exercisevideos

CLX

Happy Happy!

Happy, HAPPY workouts!

I did not read the whole thread, but scanned through. I am appalled at some

commenters and they are the reason I do not actively post on GD boards over

there, everybody knows everything, but yet knows nothing. I wish I had some

advice, as we are going through a bit of hell with Dh's condition right now,but

I hope you are able to find some help in correcting this wrong and that you make

a great recovery. Take some rest time to get through this, videos will be there

when you heal.

love and hugs

It depends on type and cut. I think both jen and I had major ones. I had 8lb fibroid removed so was hospitalized for 3 days post op and couldn't do much for month or so.. there is a great site called hyster sisters that helps. IF you have major one. have stuff near bed as I couldn't get out (no abs post op as they cut them in half) of bed for few days..but check out hyster systersjudy To: exercisevideos Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 10:59 PM Subject: Re: surgery

Hi ladies,I posted on vf that I had a hysterectomy. Any advice as to recovery and what to expect. I did leslie yesterday and today. Supposedly the workout is supposed to help decrease fevers by increasing the air movement in my lungs per the doc.Today the fever was worse all day instead of just the evening. He won't give me antibiotics or an incentive spirometer. I order my own from amazon. Subject: Re: CLXTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 10:11 PM

CLX

Happy Happy!

Happy, HAPPY workouts!

Yes - sometimes VF can be a bit much - I don't know, if I don't like sometihng I see there and only feel that I have something negative to say, I just don't add my post to the thread....

I hope all is going well for you both!Donna

Subject: Re: surgeryTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, January 15, 2012, 1:39 PM

I did not read the whole thread, but scanned through. I am appalled at some commenters and they are the reason I do not actively post on GD boards over there, everybody knows everything, but yet knows nothing. I wish I had some advice, as we are going through a bit of hell with Dh's condition right now,but I hope you are able to find some help in correcting this wrong and that you make a great recovery. Take some rest time to get through this, videos will be there when you heal. love and hugs

Thank you for your email. My husband ended up not being supportive and said I was complaining that I should be grateful that they saved me. They let me bleed out for 7 hours loosing over half of my blood before even doing anything. I believe they were horrible. It is inexcusable that they did that. My marriage was being destroyed by his belief in the system and what they did to me. It hurts. I just got to an email from him, so angry towards me, not towards the doctor that let me bleed out. Not angry at them not letting me pee and so many things they did wrong. I have been doing leslies because of the doctor. I have struggled to workout through the pain and it is finally lessening.

> I posted on vf that I had a hysterectomy.

OMG!!! cindy, i just read your post on VF. i am very shocked

and horrified and am so very sorry that this has happened to you,

and is still happening. now i understand your comment about the

hospital being a torture chamber. i dont think that i would try

to workout, even just to leslie. when my friend recently had a

hysterectomy, she was off work for 6 WEEKS to recover!! can you

show your dr the message that you posted on VF? how much do you

have to pay in your state for this disgusting health care?? i

cannot see that happening where i live, but of course this is

canada where the hospitals are run by the govt and not private

companies.

when you get re-admitted for your lungs, it will hopefully be on

a different floor with different nurses and doctors.

i am so thankful for your husband!!!!

> Thank you for your email. My husband ended up not being

> supportive

linda, i am so sorry :(

your situation seems so wrong on many levels, and it really is

appalling.

i still dont think you should be doing workouts, but it appears

that you are at home and were not put back in the hospital this

week (?)

did the device you ordered from amazon help your lungs?

i hope that your pain continues to get better,

please take care,