RemedySpot.com

Saturday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I did NOT want to work out this morning. I just wanted to stay in my robe, drink coffee and be lazy. worked last night and came home and went to bed so I had no excuses.

I wanted to do another Firm. I only have about 4 VHS tapes left, but wasn't in the mood for those super oldies so I decided to pull out a DVD that I bought a while back that I've yet to try. It has 4 workouts on it. I did "Burn & Shape" with Welsh.

I have to say that I'm not in love with this workout. The cardio sections confused me a bit. There are 3 other workouts on this DVD so I'll see how I like them.

I burned 242 calories, avg 124, max 154, and I got in 1,810 steps.

Have a great day!~~

Good for you working out in spite of not wanting to!

Saturday Workout

I did NOT want to work out this morning. I just wanted to stay in my robe, drink coffee and be lazy. worked last night and came home and went to bed so I had no excuses.

I wanted to do another Firm. I only have about 4 VHS tapes left, but wasn't in the mood for those super oldies so I decided to pull out a DVD that I bought a while back that I've yet to try. It has 4 workouts on it. I did "Burn & Shape" with Welsh.

I have to say that I'm not in love with this workout. The cardio sections confused me a bit. There are 3 other workouts on this DVD so I'll see how I like them.

Have a great day!~~

Amazing, . It's so great that you did the workout all things considered. I hope you have a good day.

I did NOT want to work out this morning.  I just wanted to stay in my robe, drink coffee and be lazy.  worked last night and came home and went to bed so I had no excuses.

I wanted to do another Firm.  I only have about 4 VHS tapes left, but wasn't in the mood for those super oldies so I decided to pull out a DVD that I bought a while back that I've yet to try.  It has 4 workouts on it.  I did " Burn & Shape " with Welsh.

I have to say that I'm not in love with this workout.  The cardio sections confused me a bit.  There are 3 other workouts on this DVD so I'll see how I like them.

Have a great day!~~

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Thank you so much for your honesty about these workouts, ! I really like Dozois and have wondered if I'd like some of these but when I read your reviews I realize that no, I won't. I like a really good challenge and I kno I can modify if necessary but when I have to modify so much of the workout to make it enjoyable it isn't worth it. Sure, I can totally exhaust myself doing a workout but that isn't my goal. Most of the time when I want a hard workout, I want to work very hard but still have a lot of fun and feel exhilirated, not exhausted when I'm done. These sound more like exhaustion than exhiliration. Thanks again, you're saving me money!!

Saturday Workout

Not too often that I get to do a Saturday workout so when I can, if I feel well enough, I like to do a harder one.

Hard is what I sure did....I did 's More Cardio Interval Burn. This makes the second time doing it and I hate to say this because I know a lot of people love and love these peak workouts, but they are just cardio overkill to me. I mean she starts jumping and ( it feels like) yelling and the movements are SO fast. These workouts would definitely challenge the most advanced person so they got that going for them, but I think they are just too much.

With all that said, I'm considering selling them. There aren't any premixes and you can't really break them down much since she does one side at a time. I modified some and I could've more, but its just the overall feel that's bothers me. Just too fast paced and not fun. The chore COULD be fun if done differently. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.

So after that, my face was about as red as a tomato. I felt really tight so I took that out and put in her Ultimate workout and did the flexibility section. That felt nice.

So after all my complaining I'm still happy to say that I burned 602 calories, avg 152, max 185 and a whopping 7,142 steps.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

I know even if I were an advanced exerciser I wouldn't want to do a workout that moves that fast. I think it would be a recipe for injuries. I'm sure you could find something better. JenSubject: Saturday WorkoutTo: Cathe_Friedrich_Fans , exercisevideos , fitandthatsit Date: Saturday, March 3, 2012, 10:00 AM

Not too often that I get to do a Saturday workout so when I can, if I feel well enough, I like to do a harder one.

Hard is what I sure did....I did 's More Cardio Interval Burn. This makes the second time doing it and I hate to say this because I know a lot of people love and love these peak workouts, but they are just cardio overkill to me. I mean she starts jumping and ( it feels like) yelling and the movements are SO fast. These workouts would definitely challenge the most advanced person so they got that going for them, but I think they are just too much.

With all that said, I'm considering selling them. There aren't any premixes and you can't really break them down much since she does one side at a time. I modified some and I could've more, but its just the overall feel that's bothers me. Just too fast paced and not fun. The chore COULD be fun if done differently. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.

So after that, my face was about as red as a tomato. I felt really tight so I took that out and put in her Ultimate workout and did the flexibility section. That felt nice.

So after all my complaining I'm still happy to say that I burned 602 calories, avg 152, max 185 and a whopping 7,142 steps.

Have a great day!~~

Guest guest

but when I have to modify so much of the workout to make it enjoyable it isn't worth it

EXACTLY! As fast as she goes, by the time you'd figure out how to modify it she'd already be doing something else. And she seems to be yelling in these. Maybe it's just me, but is over the top and acts like a hyper little kid that's had too much sugar lol.

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Guest guest

The speed would be a definite deterrent for me too. If I can't keep up with the cues, let alone the intensity of the exercise, then it just isn't fun. Hyper instructors are just too much too.

Re: Saturday Workout

but when I have to modify so much of the workout to make it enjoyable it isn't worth it

EXACTLY! As fast as she goes, by the time you'd figure out how to modify it she'd already be doing something else. And she seems to be yelling in these. Maybe it's just me, but is over the top and acts like a hyper little kid that's had too much sugar lol.

Guest guest

If I can't keep up with the cues, let alone the intensity of the exercise, then it just isn't fun. Hyper instructors are just too much too.

Yep! I must say though...the music is REALLY good in all of her Peak workouts. But for me, its more than just the music. I have to like ALL of it.

Guest guest

Same with me! I love really good music but when I'm into a workout I'm not paying that much attention to the music, I'm just aware of it and later on realize it helped keep me pumped. If the workout is super frustrating though, even great music isn't going to pull me through it!

Re: Saturday Workout

If I can't keep up with the cues, let alone the intensity of the exercise, then it just isn't fun. Hyper instructors are just too much too.

Yep! I must say though...the music is REALLY good in all of her Peak workouts. But for me, its more than just the music. I have to like ALL of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Nice workout!  What is your usual HR max, ? DH just made me a really big breakfast. I need to wait a bit before I work out, LOL. Enjoy that lovely weather. It's been raining buckets all week. Tonight we're expecting thunderstorms and snow on the local peaks: Mt. Hamilton and Mt. Diablo. 

Good morning

I really didn't want to workout this morning even though I had time. I knew if I didn't though, I'd feel guilty later.   was still asleep snoring his head off and was in her room doing her own thing, so I went for it.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do a little bit of cardio or just yoga.  I went for the cardio since I eat bad all weekend.  I figure any little bit of calories I can burn is good.

I did Calorie Explosion and chose the Athletic Drills and Explosive Power and since we didn't get a lot of abs this week I put in 5 Day Abs and did workout #4 (that's a good one). 

In 45 minutes I burned 278 calories, avg 132 and my HRM was acting goofy and said my max was 204.  Umm, I don't think so.  My step count was 2,869.

It's gorgeous here today. Love having my windows open.

Hope its sunny everywhere else too. :)  

`* ¸*´

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Guest guest

Awesome workout today, ! It is gorgeous here too! They're talking about record breaking high temperatures here this week! I love it but I'm wondering what it means for summer!

Saturday Workout

Good morning

I really didn't want to workout this morning even though I had time. I knew if I didn't though, I'd feel guilty later. was still asleep snoring his head off and was in her room doing her own thing, so I went for it.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do a little bit of cardio or just yoga. I went for the cardio since I eat bad all weekend. I figure any little bit of calories I can burn is good.

I did Calorie Explosion and chose the Athletic Drills and Explosive Power and since we didn't get a lot of abs this week I put in 5 Day Abs and did workout #4 (that's a good one).

In 45 minutes I burned 278 calories, avg 132 and my HRM was acting goofy and said my max was 204. Umm, I don't think so. My step count was 2,869.

Guest guest

That's how I feel too about the eliptikill at the Sweat Shop.  I burn maybe 300-400 calories, and feel it helps with damage control!  I secretly love that you are bad on the weekends, :)  only because I'm jealous of how strict and good you are during the week!

Awesome workout today, ! It is gorgeous here too! They're talking about record breaking high temperatures here this week! I love it but I'm wondering what it means for summer!

Saturday Workout

Good morning

I really didn't want to workout this morning even though I had time. I knew if I didn't though, I'd feel guilty later.   was still asleep snoring his head off and was in her room doing her own thing, so I went for it.

I couldn't decide whether I wanted to do a little bit of cardio or just yoga.  I went for the cardio since I eat bad all weekend.  I figure any little bit of calories I can burn is good.

In 45 minutes I burned 278 calories, avg 132 and my HRM was acting goofy and said my max was 204.  Umm, I don't think so.  My step count was 2,869.

`* ¸*´

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Guest guest

I secretly love that you are bad on the weekends, :)

LOL that's SO funny!!! Yes, you'd love it if I would post my food for both Saturday and Sunday. You'd be grinning from ear to ear lol.

`* ¸*´ (who will be eating Mcdonalds for breakfast tomorrow along with a LARGE iced mocha)

Guest guest

Nice workout! What is your usual HR max, ?

If its a moderate workout I usually range from 160-168.

They've been calling for rain for 3 days now, but we've yet to see any. You must be getting it all.