RemedySpot.com

Slow & Heavy Chest & Back

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OH WOW!! I LOVE this workout! I really liked Cathe's instructions that she did the push-ups after the rest of the chest work and emphasized that it was a bonus exercise. I think it is just psychological but I felt even more challenged to do them and I liked too that there were only a few reps. I also am finding with these workouts that I've really underestimated my strength. I'm picking heavier weights than I normally would, even though Cathe tells you you'll probably use lighter ones because of taking out the momentum from the moves. I matched Cathe sometimes and came really close on others, I have always assumed I couldn't do what she was doing. Here's what I did:

CHEST

Bench press: started with 12s then did the last 2 sets with 15s

Flyes: 10/12/15 (kept wanting more challenge!)

Incline bench: 12/12/12 (that incline makes a big difference)

Incline flyes: 12/12/10

Push-ups: 2 on toes, 6 on knees

BACK

Lat row: 12/10/8 (found I was making form mistakes at first and when I corrected, I found the heavier weights were too much)

Pullover: 12/15/15

Dead lifts: 12/12/12 I made a note to try 15s next time. I've hurt myself with too much weight on this exercise before so 12s was a risk and felt good but I think I could handle more. I just wish I had 13s and 14s!

Supermans: used 3 lb. ankle weights and 1 lb. weighted gloves. These worked fine but it took too much time to put on the ankle weights!

Planks 1: toes & elbows (as Cathe shows it)

Planks 2: toes and arms extended (as Cathe shows it). My arms were shaking but I did it but I stayed up the whole time.

Planks 3: supine on heels (as Cathe shows it). I was already toast but I kept with it for the entire minute + you're in this position, serious shaking going on.

I watched "Burn Basics" from ChaLEAN Extreme before I did this workout and the demonstrations & instructions of exercises there were also really helpful. Now I'm watcing Burn Circuit 1. I like how Chalene instructs, the music is great and it looks fun! I took a peek at "Band Basics" too and really like that too. Part of my problem using bands is that I've never had instruction on form and haven't seen many videos showing much. I'm pretty certain my 15s will not be heavy enough at certain points of doing this program and instead of buying heavier weights, I'll probably switch to the bands.

Tomorrow is my rest day but I have cardio planned for Sunday and I might actually be able to do a real cardio workout. I think the orthotics switch is making a big difference. Not hardly any pain last night or today (so far)! :-)