RemedySpot.com

Send prayers to us

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone!

I usually like to keep things that are really OT off all my email lists, but today I have to make an exception. I'm sending this to most of my lists of friends and I'm asking for all of you to keep as well as and I in your prayers tomorrow.

is going for an MRI test. It will be a long drive and once we get there she will be put to sleep for this. They will be doing images of her brain as she has been diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis.

If you care to read further this is what it is.....

Neurofibromatosis is genetic disorder that cause tumors to grow in the nervous system. There are three types of this disease. has been diagnosed with NF1 (the most mild). A symptom of NF1, include light brown spots on the skin ("cafe-au-lait" spots) which was the first sign of how we found out. has 7 to 8 large spots and the neurologist found one in her eye. There are many other symptoms which has a lot of them. One being a slight curvature of the spine which is going to have to be closely watched.

The neurologist wants to check for tumors behind her eye (since she has the cafe spots on her eye) along with any other tumor in the brain. She has seen an eye doctor and they are going to be doing further tests in February to check to see if she has any optic nerve damage. She's has chronic headaches, most times migraines, which is a symptom of the disease.

We recently learned that this disease causes learning disabilities in 50% of people and many have ADD. We haven't found out if has any learning disabilities yet, but she has been diagnosed with ADD. We are working with the school right now about all of it and they are being very understanding.

has had a lot of mental issues since she was born and as she gets older it seems to be more difficult to deal with. We are hoping to get some answers to that with the MRI as well.

So this is a lot, and I'm beyond stressed. We need all the support and prayers we can get.

Thanks for listening and please keep us in your hearts tomorrow.

~