RemedySpot.com

Re: Saying goodbye to my Cappuccino

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yea ! :-) Hot blueberry tea with fresh blueberries in it? How interesting! Not quite the same as your liquid twinkies though, eh? Oh well... try tweaking it with some sweetener or honey??? I dunno... good luck!

Saying goodbye to my CappuccinoDate: Wed, Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi!Tazo makes a concentrate and I think Oregon Chai (or something like that) makes one also. I prefer the Tazo b/c it isn't as sweet as the Oregon. There are powdered versions, but they contain the much dreaded hydrogenated oils!

Ok - since we're on the subject of this - I'm going to make a pledge to give up my daily coffee runs - it is costing me about $2 per day - and I can save that up over the course of the month to get something more worth-while or to save $ (since that is one of my 2012 goals!). I usually only stop for coffee on the days I work in the office - so 3X per week - $6 per week, four weeks = $24! It is more of a habit/comfort thing as I rarely finish the whole cup (I usually have a cup or two at home) . Nutritionally, it isn't bad b/c I don' t get the fancy drinks, just the basic....

Donna > OOH - just thought of something, why not try Chai Tea? It is> sweet and spicy and you can put milk in it to make it creamy.> Tazo has a concentrate that you mix 50/50 w/ milk and warm it up.now that sounds interesting donna... thanks i will make a note of it. i think that i have seen the tazo brand here. i was talking to my dr yesterday and she was saying that she only drinks plain hot water. no coffee, no tea and certainly no timmie's cappuccino. sounds fine but sooo boring! LOL:*carolyn.

It'll take time, but eventually the tea, or whatever you use as a substitute, will eventually become "the regular."

Oh I hope you're right, Indyrose. I've felt so deprived the past two nights. I didn't really like the tea at all. The cappuccinos are just so sweet that its going to take a lot for me to get use to anything else because there will be nothing as sweet as those.

~

If I can make a suggestion:

I have the Republic of Tea Peppermint Chocolate tea and it's pretty good. It's

made with mint leaves, carob, rooibos (or " red tea " ) and some other leaves so

it's more like an herbal infusion and there's no caffeine in it. I think it

smells more like chocolate and mint than it tastes but it also tastes pretty

nice. A bit of milk and sugar and you're all set.

Namiko

>

>

>

> In a message dated 1/25/2012 2:42:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> indyrose@... writes:

>

> It'll take time, but eventually the tea, or whatever you use as a

> substitute, will eventually become " the regular. "

>

> Oh I hope you're right, Indyrose. I've felt so deprived the past two

> nights. I didn't really like the tea at all. The cappuccinos are just so

> sweet that its going to take a lot for me to get use to anything else because

> there will be nothing as sweet as those.

>

>

>

> ~

>

I think it smells more like chocolate and mint than it tastes but it also tastes pretty nice. A bit of milk and sugar and you're all set. Namiko

Thanks for the tip Namiko. :) I'm going to be trying different things and hopefully I'll find something I really love.

~

OOh - sounds interesting! I may have to give it a go!

Donna

Subject: Re: Saying goodbye to my CappuccinoTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012, 9:17 PM

If I can make a suggestion:I have the Republic of Tea Peppermint Chocolate tea and it's pretty good. It's made with mint leaves, carob, rooibos (or "red tea") and some other leaves so it's more like an herbal infusion and there's no caffeine in it. I think it smells more like chocolate and mint than it tastes but it also tastes pretty nice. A bit of milk and sugar and you're all set. Namiko>> > > > > It'll take time, but eventually the tea, or whatever you use as a > substitute, will eventually become "the regular."> > Oh I hope you're right,

Indyrose. I've felt so deprived the past two > nights. I didn't really like the tea at all. The cappuccinos are just so > sweet that its going to take a lot for me to get use to anything else because > there will be nothing as sweet as those.> > > > ~>