RemedySpot.com

Sue? Are you around? / Glue ear and Grommets-alternatives?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

There's a lady on this list by name of Sue. If Sue reads this could she give some input.! We had a very long telephone conversation a few years ago. She knows a LOT about ear physiology. Maybe she has some thoughts about Glue Ear.....I agree something has to be done, whether radical or not, earlier rather than later. To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Sent: Thursday, 7 June 2012, 10:09 Subject: Re: Glue ear and Grommets-alternatives?

I know someone who didn't get grommets fitted in the case of their child with glue ear. The child had very delayed langauge because they were basically deaf. The child is now grown up and has a lot of emotional and behavioural problems and I do wonder whether the childhood deafness was causative, at least in part. Deaf people are at increased risk of mental illness.

Margaret

> > >

> > > Dear All,

> > > has anyone gone through the glue ear/grommets operation with their children and would you have any advice?

> > > I am not particularly keen on the procedure (anesthesia in particular)and even less so on the post op nearly-inevitable regression ...

> > > help!

> > >

> >

>