RemedySpot.com

Slow & Heavy Legs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so humbled. The other S & H workouts weren't easy by any means but they sure weren't like this. I was able to use heavy weights on the other workouts, far beyond what I thought I could. On some exercise in this one, like static lunges, I had to go down to 8s and started with 12s or 15s! I felt much better when Cathe said something along the lines of lunges are harder to go as heavy with as squats because it is essentially like doing a one-legged squat. That made sense. I was able to use 15s for squats and wished I had 20s to try those. I matched Cathe on weight for the side lunges which were meant to pre-exhaust the legs for plie squats. I was wishing I hadn't when we got to the plie squats because my legs started trembling with the very first rep (using one 15) and I ended up going to 8s with those. It didn't stop the trembling but my form was much better with the lighter weight. I was surprised at how well I did with the calf raises. I was worried about those because of having to go up on your toes and I wasn't sure how my foot would handle that. It complained with 15s so I grabbed 12s or 10s and then it was fine. We'll see later how it is but hopefully it will be okay. After my shower I was carrying a load of laundry downstairs and I couldn't believe how shaky my legs were! They're better now. Tomorrow is cardio, I'll see how the foot is before I do anything though. I see my doc at 8 too and am not sure how much time I'll have after that. This workout was tough but, like all the other S & H workouts, well worth the effort and overall very enjoyable.