Hi Maree.

Sorry to hear you are having such rotten

luck!

I have a question.

My band seems to be fine, and all is going

as expected, but I have read on here that a lot of people’s bands have

slipped.

Why does this happen, and is there

anything I can do to prevent it from happening to me?

Regards

Fi

Update

Hi All, first, Happy birthday to you Mazz, hip pip hooray!!!!

Well, I went for the ghastly barium swallow yesterday and the

radiologist showed me where this 2nd band has also slipped and pointed

out a very large hernia, as big as my pouch. It's the same thing that

happened with my first band. I am off to Dr Talbot this arvo but he

already told me if it had slipped I was in for a bypass. I will wait

to see him before I get too frantic, he may just repair the hernia and

that might set things right. (Yeah! right Maree). Anyway, if he says

bypass, Ghyll, I will drive you insane for information. I know nothing

about that type of surgery, at all, other than it is serious, you need

to go to ICU when it's over as opposed to 'recovery' and the fact it

almost killed you. Wow, am I looking forward to this next chapter in

my life long fight with obesity. Maree (sh.tting herself)

• 3 years later...

Damn

Suzie… Maybe I should call you daily? I’ve got one price long

distance that includes Canada.

Guess

if I had to I’d come pour the nasty stuff down your throat, lol. Can I bring

my birds?

Ok,

I may not be able to travel with 22 parrots, or me, but I am serious about the

phone calls.

If

not me calling you I think you should have someone else doing so… guess

someone physically closer would be preferable.

I

am very serious about this… love ya girl!

- Idaho

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in your soul.

Dickerson

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd bring you all up to date on recent events in my

hepatitis life, it's taken this long to get it semi-straight in my head.

A week ago last Thursday when my home-care aide arrived she found me naked

from the waist down, bruised & scraped & in a state of deep

confusion. She called 9-1-1 & moments later I was on the way to the

hospital (by now dressed but sans teeth & glasses ( & mind)

Once at the hospital, some very patient nurses & doctors managed

to get my medical history from me along with samples of various bodily

fluids. I put up quite a fight it seems against a Foley Catheter &

i v. For a time my hands were tied to prevent things from being ripped

out of portions of my anatomy. Later the hands were released but massive

amounts of tape were used to prevent me from removing the i v

After a few days of Lactulose & Flagyl my mind began to clear & the

catheter & i v came out but I was still toothless & the only

glasses my family could find had a bad habit of popping out a lens at

rather awkward moments. I still couldn't read with any reliability, letters

& words jumbled together, much as I would imagine dyslexia to feel.

After a week, I was released only to find that my family has gotten

together & cleaned my house! The place was a mess when I was

taken to the hospital - everything was on the floor in a massive

jumble. The family cleaned, scrubbed, vaccuumed, did 9 loads of laundry

& threw out just about anything they felt like. For example,my Mum

threw out a scarf that I had recieved as a birthday gift 3 weeks before - a

silk scarf,embroidered with multiple Ganeshas on it sent to me by an

Australia friend from India! She just thought " What's she going to

do with this? " & out it went! She tossed out ALL of my pillows,and

many other things but left the clothing for me to decide. I didn't

recognize the place! My brother fixed a broken window, they put all of my

papers into a large box for me to go through later.

So, I'm pretty much back to normal, I still have numerous bruises, I think

I've broken my nose again but the black eye is almost gone & I'm left

with a strong idea of what will happen if I ever neglect my Lactulose again!

Be Strong ladies & gentlemen, sometimes we REALLY need it,

SuZie

Brain cells come & Brain cells go

but fat cells go on forever-!

Hi Llinda,Don't worry, if my mother doesn't phone me one of my brothers or sisters does - or an in-law - there are 11 of them! If the girl next door doesn't see me for 2 days, she's over here And the n Order of Nurses are coming by 2ce a week. I'm so well covered, I might as well be in bed.Thanks for the offer though I'd love a visit with parrots & llamas!SuZi & SpYke - so glad Mamma's home againBrain cells come & Brain cells go but fat cells go on foever-! Subject: RE: UpdateTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Saturday, August 28, 2010, 11:29 AM

Damn

Suzie… Maybe I should call you daily? I’ve got one price long

distance that includes Canada. Guess

if I had to I’d come pour the nasty stuff down your throat, lol. Can I bring

my birds? Ok,

I may not be able to travel with 22 parrots, or me, but I am serious about the

phone calls. If

not me calling you I think you should have someone else doing so… guess

someone physically closer would be preferable.

I

am very serious about this… love ya girl! - Idaho Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in your soul. Dickerson

Come on down!

Hi Llinda,

Don't worry, if my mother doesn't phone me one of my brothers or sisters does

- or an in-law - there are 11 of them! If the girl next door

doesn't see me for 2 days, she's over here And the n Order of Nurses

are coming by 2ce a week. I'm so well covered, I might as well be in

bed.

Thanks for the offer though I'd love a

visit with parrots & llamas!

SuZi & SpYke - so glad Mamma's home again

Brain cells

come & Brain cells go but fat cells go on foever-!

Damn Suzie… Maybe I should

call you daily? I’ve got one price long distance that includes Canada. \Guess if I had to

I’d come pour the nasty stuff down your throat, lol. Can I bring my birds?

Ok, I may not be

able to travel with 22 parrots, or me, but I am serious about the phone

calls.

If not me calling

you I think you should have someone else doing so… guess someone physically

closer would be preferable.

I am very serious

about this… love ya girl!

- Idaho

Hope

is the thing with feathers that perches in your soul.

Dickerson

Hi Sweetie, give me your phone # and as I have free after 5 dialing in Canada, I can phone you whenever you want... sound ok? This is very worrisome! hugs and love...

anya

~~~~~~(\__/)(='.'=) This is widdle Bunny. Copy and Paste into(")_(")your signature to help her gain world domination~~~~~~~~~~

Update

Hi Guys, Just thought I'd bring you all up to date on recent events in my hepatitis life, it's taken this long to get it semi-straight in my head.A week ago last Thursday when my home-care aide arrived she found me naked from the waist down, bruised & scraped & in a state of deep confusion. She called 9-1-1 & moments later I was on the way to the hospital (by now dressed but sans teeth & glasses ( & mind) Once at the hospital, some very patient nurses & doctors managed to get my medical history from me along with samples of various bodily fluids. I put up quite a fight it seems against a Foley Catheter & i v. For a time my hands were tied to prevent things from being ripped out of portions of my anatomy. Later the hands were released but massive amounts of tape were used to prevent me from removing the i vAfter a few days of Lactulose & Flagyl my mind began to clear & the catheter & i v came out but I was still toothless & the only glasses my family could find had a bad habit of popping out a lens at rather awkward moments. I still couldn't read with any reliability, letters & words jumbled together, much as I would imagine dyslexia to feel. After a week, I was released only to find that my family has gotten together & cleaned my house! The place was a mess when I was taken to the hospital - everything was on the floor in a massive jumble. The family cleaned, scrubbed, vaccuumed, did 9 loads of laundry & threw out just about anything they felt like. For example,my Mum threw out a scarf that I had recieved as a birthday gift 3 weeks before - a silk scarf,embroidered with multiple Ganeshas on it sent to me by an Australia friend from India! She just thought "What's she going to do with this?" & out it went! She tossed out ALL of my pillows,and many other things but left the clothing for me to decide. I didn't recognize the place! My brother fixed a broken window, they put all of my papers into a large box for me to go through later.So, I'm pretty much back to normal, I still have numerous bruises, I think I've broken my nose again but the black eye is almost gone & I'm left with a strong idea of what will happen if I ever neglect my Lactulose again!Be Strong ladies & gentlemen, sometimes we REALLY need it,SuZieBrain cells come & Brain cells go but fat cells go on forever-!

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3098 - Release Date: 08/27/10 18:34:00

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG - www.avg.com

Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3099 - Release Date: 08/28/10

06:34:00

Hi Suzie,

I hope you will take your Lactulose regularly now. It took me three trips to the hospital before I gave in to that nasty stuff.

Must be something about getting naked with end stage liver disease. I once decided to take a walk down the hall of the hospital with just my IV pole.

I finally quit driving after several stern lectures from the Docs.

I remember they told me to eat low protein since ammonia is the result of protein breakdown in the liver and ammonia is what make you confused.. That seemed to help. Have they told you that?

Good luck, I truly understand what your going through

Update

Hi Guys, Just thought I'd bring you all up to date on recent events in my hepatitis life, it's taken this long to get it semi-straight in my head.A week ago last Thursday when my home-care aide arrived she found me naked from the waist down, bruised & scraped & in a state of deep confusion. She called 9-1-1 & moments later I was on the way to the hospital (by now dressed but sans teeth & glasses ( & mind) Once at the hospital, some very patient nurses & doctors managed to get my medical history from me along with samples of various bodily fluids. I put up quite a fight it seems against a Foley Catheter & i v. For a time my hands were tied to prevent things from being ripped out of portions of my anatomy. Later the hands were released but massive amounts of tape were used to prevent me from removing the i vAfter a few days of Lactulose & Flagyl my mind began to clear & the catheter & i v came out but I was still toothless & the only glasses my family could find had a bad habit of popping out a lens at rather awkward moments. I still couldn't read with any reliability, letters & words jumbled together, much as I would imagine dyslexia to feel. After a week, I was released only to find that my family has gotten together & cleaned my house! The place was a mess when I was taken to the hospital - everything was on the floor in a massive jumble. The family cleaned, scrubbed, vaccuumed, did 9 loads of laundry & threw out just about anything they felt like. For example,my Mum threw out a scarf that I had recieved as a birthday gift 3 weeks before - a silk scarf,embroidered with multiple Ganeshas on it sent to me by an Australia friend from India! She just thought "What's she going to do with this?" & out it went! She tossed out ALL of my pillows,and many other things but left the clothing for me to decide. I didn't recognize the place! My brother fixed a broken window, they put all of my papers into a large box for me to go through later.So, I'm pretty much back to normal, I still have numerous bruises, I think I've broken my nose again but the black eye is almost gone & I'm left with a strong idea of what will happen if I ever neglect my Lactulose again!Be Strong ladies & gentlemen, sometimes we REALLY need it,SuZieBrain cells come & Brain cells go but fat cells go on forever-!

I am using the Free version of SPAMfighter.SPAMfighter has removed 1700 of my spam emails to date.Do you have a slow PC? Try free scan!

Hi , Yeah, I know that about protein but over the past few years I've gone from being a meat & potatos girl, heavy on the meat to getting most of my protein from dairy products & peanut butter. I don't know why, it just happened & my tastes changed slowly over time. I'm being a good girl & taking my lactulose. I have no intention of going through that again.SuZieBrain cells come & Brain cells go but fat cells go on forever-!(\__/)(='.'=) This is widdle Bunny. Copy and Paste into(")_(")your signature to help her gain world dominion Subject: Re: UpdateTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Monday, August 30, 2010, 1:43

PM

Hi Suzie,

I hope you will take your Lactulose regularly now. It took me three trips to the hospital before I gave in to that nasty stuff.

Must be something about getting naked with end stage liver disease. I once decided to take a walk down the hall of the hospital with just my IV pole.

I remember they told me to eat low protein since ammonia is the result of protein breakdown in the liver and ammonia is what make you confused.. That seemed to help. Have they told you that?

-

What is Lactulose? I don't take anything for Hep C.

Anya

~~~~~~(\__/)(='.'=) This is widdle Bunny. Copy and Paste into(")_(")your signature to help her gain world domination~~~~~~~~~~

----- Original Message -----

Suzie,

Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3106 - Release Date: 09/01/10

Anya, Lactullose is an industrial strength, super-powered laxative that binds to the ammonia thaat your liver doesn't clear out of your system (the cause of brain fog & th reason I ended up in hospital two weeks ago) It tastes like corn syrup crossed with motor oil - disgusting stuff! It gives you stomach cramps & gas along with the usual effects of laxatives. I swear the gas gets so bad sometimes I could putt putt from T Bay across Lake Superior to Duluth in an hour & a half! But if nyou've got hepatic encephalopathy a k a brain fog, you've got to take it.SuZieBrain cells come & Brain cells go but fat cells go on forever-!(\__/)(='.'=) This is widdle Bunny. Copy and Paste into(")_(")your signature to help her gain world dominion From: Babs :)

Subject: Re: UpdateTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Friday, September 3, 2010, 5:24 PM

Anya

Suzie,

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3106 - Release Date: 09/01/10 06:34:00

Thanks SuZie, guess I don't need it yet, but I sure am forgetful so who knows... hugs hon.

~~~~~~~~~Hugs and white light blessings,Anya

Re: UpdateTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Date: Friday, September 3, 2010, 5:24 PM

Anya

Suzie,

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3106 - Release Date: 09/01/10 06:34:00

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3106 - Release Date: 09/01/10 06:34:00

Version: 8.5.441 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3106 - Release Date: 09/01/10

• 1 year later...

Last week has been nuts with work and personal stuff.. no time to elaborate but I was not good about working outyesterday got up early and did WW Punch with Steph Huckabee. This was great beginner, get me back into it workouttoday did CLX Burn 3 because I always do 1 and 2 at home and then 3 at hotel for dog with bands so decided to start with 3 this week plus I think this is shorter onemore laterjudy

I hope things settle down for you, Judy! Good for you getting your workouts in yesterday and today though!

update

Last week has been nuts with work and personal stuff.. no time to elaborate but I was not good about working out

yesterday got up early and did WW Punch with Steph Huckabee. This was great beginner, get me back into it workout

today did CLX Burn 3 because I always do 1 and 2 at home and then 3 at hotel for dog with bands so decided to start with 3 this week plus I think this is shorter one

more later

judy

• 4 weeks later...

Kassia, thank you for checking in.  Sending positive thoughts on this process for . Here is an image of Medicine Buddah, with healing salve in his pot.  I will envision him pasting in on and healing him.  

Hugs, and Peace be,

DH has officially been " intaked " into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even

have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging " hotels " for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA).

Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy. Will try to check in again sooon.

KASSIAwife,mother,student,kettlebellehttp://ldysolana.blogspot.com

Wow, this is all so incredible, Kassia. I am praying that this will be your DH's miracle and that he will be able to be as comfortable as possible there. My prayers are with you, him and Viola during your separation and his healing.

Hugs,

Update

DH has officially been "intaked" into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging "hotels" for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA).

Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy.

Will try to check in again sooon.

Thanks for the update!! TeenaSent from my iPhone

That's GREAT news Kassia!Is he in the unit right now? JenSubject: UpdateTo: "exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >Date: Friday, February 17, 2012, 9:29 AM

DH has officially been "intaked" into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even

have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging "hotels" for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA). Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy. Will try to check in again sooon. KASSIAwife,mother,student,kettlebellehttp://ldysolana.blogspot.com

=

Kassia, this sounds so promising, and that they're doing their best to take care of all aspects of his health and wellbeing. There's reason to hope, and that this will be a distant memory soon enough. Healing thoughts!

DH has officially been " intaked " into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even

have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging " hotels " for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA).

Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy. Will try to check in again sooon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

4 hours! I would die at work. I hope you've caught up on your sleep!Knowing that I don't sleep efficiently, I need to go to bed early in order to get enough sleep time.

yea.. I love that option on Fitbit and why I got fitbit over other similar devices.. what I notice is that on nights that both dogs start with me on bed I am fine but when one is there and another joins I seem to wake up more.  I think it is due to them moving around.. of course I thought slept well last night but looks like only 4 hours..yikes.. I need at min 6-7!

judy

To: exercisevideos

Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:43 AM Subject: update

Hi all,I'm still doing the same: walking, cycling, CLX.  I've been letting 2 days go in between CLX sessions. My goal is to get back to doing it every other day. 

I've had an interesting revelation using this fitbit. I almost always have wakeful moments at night (the tinnitus), and the fitbit sleep tracker has been a revelation. It used to stress me out waking up like that because it felt like I was having a bad night. Going back over my records, I can see the wakeful times, but I can also see that I sleep pretty hard the rest of the night. This thing totals the amount of time you've actually slept, and it's usually 7-8 hours. That's plenty.

The revelation is that I actually do get enough hours of sleep even though I almost wake up a few times. Just knowing this makes it easier for me to fall back asleep. This is simply because I'm no longer annoyed by it. I think it used to be harder to go back to sleep because of the emotional aspect.

Hope you're all doing great! Will catch up later.