RemedySpot.com

SENCO negligence ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello, my son is 5 year old just started mainstream school after Easter as a

action plus. School refused to follow therapy programmes saying they haven't got

man power to do so. I have requested statutory assessment which has been turned

down twice. Today I found that SENCO has withheld information about his

difficulties and did not provide LEA with information about his education

needs. Is that the negligence? Agnieszka

Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

Guest guest

It is in my book for sure. I would scream disability discrimination

Mx

Hello, my son is 5 year old just started mainstream school after Easter as a action plus. School refused to follow therapy programmes saying they haven't got man power to do so. I have requested statutory assessment which has been turned down twice. Today I found that SENCO has withheld information about his difficulties and did not provide LEA with information about his education needs. Is that the negligence? Agnieszka Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange------------------------------------DISCLAIMERNo information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualified practitioner.

Guest guest

Thank you sometimes I think it me thinking do I imagine it or is someone really damaging my sons futureThank you Agnieszka Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeFrom: Mum231ASD@...Sender: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 04:39:46 -0400 (EDT)To: <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >ReplyTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Subject: Re: SENCO negligence ? It is in my book for sure. I would scream disability discrimination Mx Hello, my son is 5 year old just started mainstream school after Easter as a action plus. School refused to follow therapy programmes saying they haven't got man power to do so. I have requested statutory assessment which has been turned down twice. Today I found that SENCO has withheld information about his difficulties and did not provide LEA with information about his education needs. Is that the negligence? Agnieszka Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange------------------------------------DISCLAIMERNo information contained in this post is to be construed as medical advice. If you need medical advice, please seek it from a suitably qualified practitioner.

Guest guest

Hi, that does sound bad. I think if you start off in a school where the senco

isnt good then it will be an uphill struggle. My son is just moving to secondary

school in september and he was going to the feeder school from his junior

school. I had a meeting with the senco and was so unhappy with his attitude I

have just moved my son last minute ( this last week). I was told " I don't mean

to be condescending but... " . well he wont be able to now! Is there another

school nearby with a better senco?

Peta

>

> Hello, my son is 5 year old just started mainstream school after Easter as a

action plus. School refused to follow therapy programmes saying they haven't got

> Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

>

Guest guest

Thank you for your reply. I looked for the other school before started full time but all schools we could access where full, but someone advised me to keep trying . So that is one of my missions for the next few weeks Agnieszka Sent using BlackBerry® from OrangeSender: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:57:08 -0000To: <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >ReplyTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Subject: Re: SENCO negligence ? Hi, that does sound bad. I think if you start off in a school where the senco isnt good then it will be an uphill struggle. My son is just moving to secondary school in september and he was going to the feeder school from his junior school. I had a meeting with the senco and was so unhappy with his attitude I have just moved my son last minute ( this last week). I was told " I don't mean to be condescending but... " . well he wont be able to now! Is there another school nearby with a better senco?Peta >> Hello, my son is 5 year old just started mainstream school after Easter as a action plus. School refused to follow therapy programmes saying they haven't got man power to do so. I have requested statutory assessment which has been turned down twice. Today I found that SENCO has withheld information about his difficulties and did not provide LEA with information about his education needs. Is that the negligence? Agnieszka > Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange>

Guest guest

You don't need to accept the excuse that the school is full. If you find one you

like then the LA can still place him there. So I would go and look at the ones

with the best reputation re SEN!

Margaret

> >

> > Hello, my son is 5 year old just started mainstream school after Easter as a

> > Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks for that, is it even if he does not have a statement?AgnieszkaSent using BlackBerry® from OrangeSender: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:02:00 -0000To: <Autism-Biomedical-Europe >ReplyTo: Autism-Biomedical-Europe Subject: Re: SENCO negligence ? You don't need to accept the excuse that the school is full. If you find one you like then the LA can still place him there. So I would go and look at the ones with the best reputation re SEN!Margaret> >> > Hello, my son is 5 year old just started mainstream school after Easter as a action plus. School refused to follow therapy programmes saying they haven't got man power to do so. I have requested statutory assessment which has been turned down twice. Today I found that SENCO has withheld information about his difficulties and did not provide LEA with information about his education needs. Is that the negligence? Agnieszka > > Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange> >>