RemedySpot.com

Re: Seizures and folic acid

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Anita. Did he mention folapro or actifolate? We have also been taking AB for 4 weeks as per Dr G and had a seizure on tuesday ....could have been due to going on holiday and not sleeping well. Who knowsMy dd takes the above every day!!Cheers

I just watched Dr Woeller's presentation on Cerebal Folate Deficiency and he mentioned that folic acid supplementation (as opposed to folinic, or 5methylflate) can increase seizures. Folic acid is the oxidized form. I don't remember ever hearing that before, and thought it may be important to some people on the list. I know most parents use the other forms, but just in case.

Anita

Guest guest

Has Heathar had seizures before ?

Mx

Anita. Did he mention folapro or actifolate? We have also been taking AB for 4 weeks as per Dr G and had a seizure on tuesday ....could have been due to going on holiday and not sleeping well. Who knows

My dd takes the above every day!!

Cheers

I just watched Dr Woeller's presentation on Cerebal Folate Deficiency and he mentioned that folic acid supplementation (as opposed to folinic, or 5methylflate) can increase seizures. Folic acid is the oxidized form. I don't remember ever hearing that before, and thought it may be important to some people on the list. I know most parents use the other forms, but just in case.Anita

Guest guest

Not specifically that I remember (ds was with me at that point, so not getting

all the details). I did googled actifolate though at it seems to contain some

folic acid. I would check the bottle and see. If there is any folic acid

(even if it contains other things) I would drop that one. Folapro is 5MTHF I

believe, so not a problem.

Anita

>

> > I just watched Dr Woeller's presentation on Cerebal Folate Deficiency and he

mentioned that folic acid supplementation (as opposed to folinic, or

5methylflate) can increase seizures. Folic acid is the oxidized form. I don't

remember ever hearing that before, and thought it may be important to some

people on the list. I know most parents use the other forms, but just in case.

> >

> > Anita

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

OH YES... since she was 8 months... really nasty ones that go on and on... The diet helped SCD and GF etc... The prof who she is under wants to put her on keppra... we have done all the other ones over the years... and I have to say especially with kids like mine, that once they learn a movement pattern etc... it is so hard for the brain to stop it. So really struggling at the moment with lack of sleep, seizures rearing there horrible head and AB and new drugs etc.... phew... but need some space to think... XX

She needs the drugs and that is for sure... as without I would dread to think what she would be like, so we really dont have an option. Just need to decided when to introduce new one... and continue with Dr G protocol too... X how is Sam doing?

Mx

Anita. Did he mention folapro or actifolate? We have also been taking AB for 4 weeks as per Dr G and had a seizure on tuesday ....could have been due to going on holiday and not sleeping well. Who knows

Cheers

I just watched Dr Woeller's presentation on Cerebal Folate Deficiency and he mentioned that folic acid supplementation (as opposed to folinic, or 5methylflate) can increase seizures. Folic acid is the oxidized form. I don't remember ever hearing that before, and thought it may be important to some people on the list. I know most parents use the other forms, but just in case.Anita

Guest guest

Sam is fine because we haven't yet started AED's or the Rx's lol

Did some KIB and he is great (another one DG doesn;'t rate but I do for Sam) so I can do that at weekends and school needn't be involved.

Went to pick up AED Rx yesterday and they had Rx'd generic so gave it back and said NICE guidelines (it may not have been that but Margaret sent a load of ace links which I went through and it says it somewhere) for kids say brand name, crossed it out and wrote it on and gave it them back and they are sending it. I think school will start them next week

We'll not start DG stuff (Ab's Steroids, AV's) until after he is full dose on AED's and 3 letters later we still don't have one written that is the same as what he said so have to chase them about it but don't have the energy for that right now

Hugs for Heathar

Mx

OH YES... since she was 8 months... really nasty ones that go on and on... The diet helped SCD and GF etc... The prof who she is under wants to put her on keppra... we have done all the other ones over the years... and I have to say especially with kids like mine, that once they learn a movement pattern etc... it is so hard for the brain to stop it. So really struggling at the moment with lack of sleep, seizures rearing there horrible head and AB and new drugs etc.... phew... but need some space to think... XX

She needs the drugs and that is for sure... as without I would dread to think what she would be like, so we really dont have an option. Just need to decided when to introduce new one... and continue with Dr G protocol too... X how is Sam doing?

Mx

Cheers

Guest guest

Anita,

Do you have an link for this presentation, i would quite like to watch it?

Nikki x

>

> I just watched Dr Woeller's presentation on Cerebal Folate Deficiency and he

>

> Anita

>

Guest guest

Sorry Nikki I don't think this one is free.

If you go here

http://autismseminarsondemand.com/lecturespresentations/understanding-cerebral-f\

olate-deficiency-and-methylation-imbalance-in-autism/ you'll see that it is

available, but not cheap. Some that he has done are free on the GPL site. I

think he did say that all of these things would be discounted soon, so maybe

that might help? With just the slides it would be useless IMO.

I watch them (when I can) when GPL is sponsoring them and they are live and

free. It's not great timing for you guys though as they would be in the middle

of the night.

Anita

> >

> > I just watched Dr Woeller's presentation on Cerebal Folate Deficiency and he

> >

> > Anita

> >

>

Guest guest

Ohh, ok thanks anyway, i'll have a look and see what i can find on the GPL

site...

N x

> > >

> > > I just watched Dr Woeller's presentation on Cerebal Folate Deficiency and

he mentioned that folic acid supplementation (as opposed to folinic, or

> > >

> > > Anita

> > >

> >

>