RemedySpot.com

Rev Abs: Total Strength (45 minutes)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's so cold and wet outside, they are predicting snow soon.  As much as I want to go run, it's blechy out there!   Also, I miss Studio LouLou, and decided to try 2 virgin workouts in Beachbody's Rev Abs series, led by Brett Hoebel (who was a trainer for one season on The Biggest Loser)

Total Strength is 45 minutes long and has 3 rounds of the same exercises, all 15-16 reps each, though on the 3rd round there is some " spice " as he calls it.  Here is what you do and what I used:

Reverse dumbell lunges, held front loaded.  I used 10's.  On the spice round you add an overhead pressPushups.  On the spice round you add a side plankFront Squats, front loaded.  I used 15's.  Spice = add a military press

Bent over Rows, I used 15's, on the spice round you hold a towel between your legs and squeeze.  I used a 3 lb pilates ball instead.Pullovers in a bridge position.  Spice round = do with an alternating single leg

punch combination - I really liked this part, a quick punching combination with jumping jacksThe music is just ordinary,. yet Brett sometimes yells, " DJ turn it up! " as if it were really good.  He also after each rep will sometimes say " Uh Huh! " which gets old fast.  He says, " Ah snap! " here and there.  Not a big deal whatsoever because he's a wonderful instructor, mirrors his cueing and cues well!  There is a modifier in the background too.

This is a Phase 1 workout in the series so it wasn't super hard, but it was just what I needed after 2 rest days in a row.   I might go to the gym later with Will for biceps and triceps, we'll see..