RemedySpot.com

today's Esplanade walk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It is once again a cloudless sky and it's supposed to get up to nearly 60 degrees this week.  I wouldn't mention this walk only because I do it all the time, but I was especially inspired by it today.  I mean, I'm inspired by ALL of the runners, that goes without saying, BUT

1) there were two men together who were talking.  one was a power walker and he was just as fast as the slower runner!  i think power walking is harder than running, actually. it was amazing how fast he was going and one foot was on the ground at all times!

2) a hefty guy ran the Esplanade at least twice while I was walking, and at a pretty good clip!  YAY FOR FAST, CHUBBY RUNNERS!3) a woman went whizzing by on roller skates.  I did this once and it was HARD, not to mention a bit dangerous for me, who hadn't skated in a good 5 years or so..

My lower back is talking to me so I must do stretches tonite and/or yoga.

Love the inspirations!!! Too cool!! I hope your back feels better from tonight's measures!

today's Esplanade walk

It is once again a cloudless sky and it's supposed to get up to nearly 60 degrees this week. I wouldn't mention this walk only because I do it all the time, but I was especially inspired by it today. I mean, I'm inspired by ALL of the runners, that goes without saying, BUT

1) there were two men together who were talking. one was a power walker and he was just as fast as the slower runner! i think power walking is harder than running, actually. it was amazing how fast he was going and one foot was on the ground at all times!

2) a hefty guy ran the Esplanade at least twice while I was walking, and at a pretty good clip! YAY FOR FAST, CHUBBY RUNNERS!

3) a woman went whizzing by on roller skates. I did this once and it was HARD, not to mention a bit dangerous for me, who hadn't skated in a good 5 years or so..

My lower back is talking to me so I must do stretches tonite and/or yoga.

i think power walking is harder than running, actually. it was amazing how fast he was going and one foot was on the ground at all times!

I agree. I've seen them power walkers and I hate to say this, but some look really funny with the way their arms and legs go, but they are working hard, you can tell.

~*´¨¸ *.• ´¸.•*´¨ ¸.•*¨ .•´ ¸ .*

Tee hee!  Yes, he did have the funny Power Walk swagger and was pumping his arms, which is what caught my attention *L*  but ya, he was FAST!

i think power walking is harder than running, actually. it was amazing how fast he was going and one foot was on the ground at all times!

I agree.  I've seen them power walkers and I hate to say this, but some look really funny with the way their arms and legs go, but they are working hard, you can tell.  

I tried that a few times when I was training for the 3 Day. It is a non-competitive walk so no race walking necessary but I just wanted to pump up the volume on some of my walks to see what it was like. It was HARD and I was out of breath as if I were jogging (but no impact so that was good)! I probably looked even more ridiculous since I didn't really know how to race walk (proper pumping form and all) but I felt good anyway!

Re: today's Esplanade walk

I agree. I've seen them power walkers and I hate to say this, but some look really funny with the way their arms and legs go, but they are working hard, you can tell.

Before I graduated to running, I did a lot of power walking. It really helped

drop the pounds! When I did the Komen last spring, I was trying to stay with my

company group, but couldn't take the slow pace very long, and finally broke away

into a power walk. It is a different gait.

Indyrose

>

> I tried that a few times when I was training for the 3 Day. It is a

non-competitive walk so no race walking necessary but I just wanted to pump up

the volume on some of my walks to see what it was like. It was HARD and I was

out of breath as if I were jogging (but no impact so that was good)! I probably

looked even more ridiculous since I didn't really know how to race walk (proper

pumping form and all) but I felt good anyway!

>

>

>

>

>

> Re: today's Esplanade walk

>

>

>

>

>

>

> In a message dated 2/6/2012 4:02:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

pinkpussycat@... writes:

> i think power walking is harder than running, actually. it was amazing how

fast he was going and one foot was on the ground at all times!

>

> I agree. I've seen them power walkers and I hate to say this, but some look

really funny with the way their arms and legs go, but they are working hard, you

can tell.

>

> ~*´¨

> ¸ *.• ´¸.•*´¨ ¸.•*¨

> .•´ ¸ .*

>