RemedySpot.com

Re:eye therapy p Owen Leigh

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone

I was just looking for a behavioural optometrist and I came acrros Owen Leigh. Has anyone used him? Any feedback please?

Thank you very much.

Vilma

Re: 10 years

Kirsty,

That's fabulous news. Its something I definitely want to do.

It's great for the whole family :).

Which juicers are you using? Interested in getting some feedback.

I was shocked when I looked at the Vititamix one.

So expensive :(.

Zahra

Sent from my iPhone

10 long years it has taken but Sam today starting having green juice!!

In all this time he has only ever had carrots steamed and some fruit.

Because he is having liquid nystatin put under his Tongue in a syringe, and he then swallows it down by drinking water I decided to give him three syringes yesterday of apple, carrot and blueberry juice. Today my mum came round with a smoothie of coconut water,

cucumber, celery, spinach, mango and kiwi fruit. And so far today he has had half a jam jar full. I syringe it in and he swallows it down.

What a milestone. Normal for some, but it is a huge huge step for him.

Kirsty

Sent on the go

Guest guest

Hi Lyndon,

My dd has been to see Owen - he is very thorough and professional. The initial appointment lasts a couple of hours and your  child needs to be able to get through the whole session - it can be a bit overwhelming an exhausting.

After the first appointment you are referred to another member of staff who will do weekly or biweekly eye training sessions - these can last up to an hour- the hardest thing is that you have to do quite boring eye exercises for 15 minutes twice a day at home on top of the weekly visits- for us it became just too much given the clinic was 2.5 hours away by car- Also it became extremely stressful managing chaos in the morning before school whilst fitting in a 15 minute eye exercise session and then finding a time in the evening where dd was not exhausted from her day to fit in another 15 minute session. We did it for about 8 months and I have to say I noticed better eye contact and do feel pangs of guilt for not folowing it through - but you can only do what you can do.

It really is a case of how much you have on your plate and how much more you can add to it.

Hope this helps

Sacha