RemedySpot.com

Tuesday - Metcalf Strength/Classical Stretch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone

Today I did the strength workout from Metcalf's 3 Pack. I really enjoyed it. I went lighter on the weights (no more than 5's) b/c of the compound/combined movements, speed and # of reps. It worked really well w/ that amount of weight - more than that and I would have probably had to slow the pace down and miss some of the reps. This is probably more along the lines of a high rep/low weight workout. Like her cardio workout there are 10 5 min segments. Generally, in that 5 min time frame you do two sets of the exercises. The first portion is standing w/ a lot of compound/combined movements that will raise your HR. The last three segments are done on the floor - a plank series, a bridge series, and a stretch series. I really like this instructor - she works you but w/ a very calm vibe. I think I will do the Pilates this week as well.Ok - better run....Take care,Donnap.s. I also managed to add on a recorded

Classical Stretch episode. It had standing work and floor work. I fast forwarded through the ab work since I'm not overly fond of Miranda's ab work plus i was running short on time.I think tomorrow is my stretch/cardio day - so likely I will do a Couch to 5K workout plus a longer stretch session. Maybe, if I'm really on time tomorrow I can do one of Miranda's full length routines.Take care!