RemedySpot.com

Re: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

Rate this topic

Guest guest

huge congrats.. I know you have missed your races and way to go the distance!judy To: Exercise Videos <exercisevideos > Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:35 PM Subject: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

I am grateful for many things about today. It didn't rain, for one thing. I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and take a shower there afterward.

I am grateful I was able to finish the race! My sheer size and purple hair drew some attention to me. I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self created water stations, and those walks were very brief. I finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12 minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race.

There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF running toward me said something and smiled. Damn that I had my headphones on and can't read lips!! He was extremely handsome in the Redford kinda way.

I am grateful I was able to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it due to an injury. The 12K continues on further into the Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and it was nice to run the rest of it this year!

This race on the surface is nothing to write home about. For me it's special because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start of running season for me, and 2) I've never had a valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate it somehow.

I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL. I'm wondering if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and I've been hormonally depressed lately. Hmm.

My only critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers, there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles. Thank goodness I had my hydration belt with me! You hit this same station on the way back but still..

I had confused the goodie section with that of the Jingle Bell Run. I was expecting free NUUN tablets and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no biggie. I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large, quality garlicy bagel. The usual.

My ankles are sore and the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just fatigue type pain. Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Wow, great job, !! I'm so glad you were able to experience it and absolutely love all your descrptions and stories, thank you for sharing it with all of us too!

Hugs,

Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

I am grateful for many things about today. It didn't rain, for one thing. I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and take a shower there afterward. I am grateful I was able to finish the race! My sheer size and purple hair drew some attention to me. I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self created water stations, and those walks were very brief. I finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12 minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race. There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF running toward me said something and smiled. Damn that I had my headphones on and can't read lips!! He was extremely handsome in the Redford kinda way. I am grateful I was able to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it due to an injury. The 12K continues on further into the Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and it was nice to run the rest of it this year!This race on the surface is nothing to write home about. For me it's special because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start of running season for me, and 2) I've never had a valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate it somehow. I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL. I'm wondering if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and I've been hormonally depressed lately. Hmm.My only critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers, there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles. Thank goodness I had my hydration belt with me! You hit this same station on the way back but still..I had confused the goodie section with that of the Jingle Bell Run. I was expecting free NUUN tablets and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no biggie. I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large, quality garlicy bagel. The usual. My ankles are sore and the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just fatigue type pain. Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Sounds like an awesome race day, !I think I"m going through the' change' as well b/c some months are totally off kilter. And, I have had a hormonal head ache since Thursday - I never get headaches...but I'm pretty sure this one is hormonal. It isn't constant, but it is enough that I have taken advil and I never take anything.....

Donna

Subject: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12KTo: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

I am grateful for many things about today. It didn't rain, for one thing. I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and take a shower there afterward. I am grateful I was able to finish the race! My sheer size and purple hair drew some attention to me. I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self created water stations, and those walks were very brief. I finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12 minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race. There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF

running toward me said something and smiled. Damn that I had my headphones on and can't read lips!! He was extremely handsome in the Redford kinda way. I am grateful I was able to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it due to an injury. The 12K continues on further into the Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and it was nice to run the rest of it this year!This race on the surface is nothing to write home about. For me it's special because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start of running season for me, and 2) I've never had a valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate it somehow. I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL. I'm wondering if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and I've

been hormonally depressed lately. Hmm.My only critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers, there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles. Thank goodness I had my hydration belt with me! You hit this same station on the way back but still..I had confused the goodie section with that of the Jingle Bell Run. I was expecting free NUUN tablets and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no biggie. I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large, quality garlicy bagel. The usual. My ankles are sore and the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just fatigue type pain. Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. Hope everyone is having a nice

weekend!

Make that 3 of us then. My cycles are totally out of whack (unpredictable when they'll arrive when they used to be regular, heavier but shorter and just plain weird). Mine started being weird about a year ago probably and I finally decided yep, this is the beginning (and oddly enough, I'm actually excited about welcoming another stage in my life, which, so far at least, is not unpleasant, annoying at times but not unpleasant though we'll see what happens as it progresses).

Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12KTo: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

I am grateful for many things about today. It didn't rain, for one thing. I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and take a shower there afterward. I am grateful I was able to finish the race! My sheer size and purple hair drew some attention to me. I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self created water stations, and those walks were very brief. I finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12 minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race. There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF running toward me said something and smiled. Damn that I had my headphones on and can't read lips!! He was extremely handsome in the Redford kinda way. I am grateful I was able to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it due to an injury. The 12K continues on further into the Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and it was nice to run the rest of it this year!This race on the surface is nothing to write home about. For me it's special because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start of running season for me, and 2) I've never had a valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate it somehow. I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL. I'm wondering if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and I've been hormonally depressed lately. Hmm.My only critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers, there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles. Thank goodness I had my hydration belt with me! You hit this same station on the way back but still..I had confused the goodie section with that of the Jingle Bell Run. I was expecting free NUUN tablets and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no biggie. I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large, quality garlicy bagel. The usual. My ankles are sore and the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just fatigue type pain. Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

so this discussion is interesting. I had hysterectomy due to huge fibroids 2 years ago.. they left ovaries but my md thought I would kick into early menopause because I had so many big bad growths (over 8 lbs removed) and that the ovaries would wilt. I think I did (one month later night sweats etc) but I swear I still get the mood/change etc that comes with ovulation.. who knows.. I should go get hormone levels checked.. good luck everyone the weeks of night sweats were hell but now feel greatjudy To: exercisevideos Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 8:39 PM Subject: Re: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

Make that 3 of us then. My cycles are totally out of whack (unpredictable when they'll arrive when they used to be regular, heavier but shorter and just plain weird). Mine started being weird about a year ago probably and I finally decided yep, this is the beginning (and oddly enough, I'm actually excited about welcoming another stage in my life, which, so far at least, is not unpleasant, annoying at times but not unpleasant though we'll see what happens as it progresses).

Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12KTo: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

I'm in this crowd, too. At 53, I guess it's about time. My periods have only

been off about 6 months, but before that, I was like clockwork. The ONLY times I

was ever late were when I was pregnant. (Getting pregnant was easy with such

regularity!) Mine have been coming early, though, instead of late, and I get

light spotting in between, which I also never had before. I sometimes get cold

at night, but no night sweats.

Indyrose

> >

> >

> >>From:

> Pink Pussycat

> >>Subject:

> Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

> >>To: " Exercise

> Videos " <exercisevideos >

> >>Date: Sunday,

> February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

> >>

> >>

> >> 

> >>I am grateful for many things about today.  It didn't rain, for one

thing. 

> >>

> >>I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at

> work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch

and

> take a shower there afterward. 

> >>

> >>I am grateful I was able

> to finish the race!

> >>

> >>My sheer size and purple hair drew some

> attention to me.  I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there

> but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self

> created water stations, and those walks were very brief.   I

> finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12

> minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet,

the

> strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race. 

> >>

> >>There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both

> directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path

> that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF

> running toward me said something and smiled.  Damn that I had my

> headphones on and can't read lips!!  He was extremely handsome in

> the Redford kinda way. 

> >>

> to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of

it

> due to an injury.  The 12K continues on further into the

> Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River,

and

> it was nice to run the rest of it this year!

> >>

> >>This race on the

> surface is nothing to write home about.  For me it's special

> because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the

start

> of running season for me, and   2)  I've never had a

> valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually

celebrate

> it somehow. 

> >>

> >>I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late

> period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL.   I'm wondering

> if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late

and

> I've been hormonally depressed lately.  Hmm.

> >>

> >>My only

> critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers,

> there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles.  Thank goodness I

> had my hydration belt with me!   You hit this same station on the

> way back but still..

> >>

> >>I had confused the goodie section with

> that of the Jingle Bell Run.  I was expecting free NUUN tablets

> and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled

> water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no

> biggie.  I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of

> peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large,

> quality garlicy bagel.  The usual.

> >>

> >>My ankles are sore and

> the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just

> fatigue type pain.

> >>

> >>Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in

> preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. 

> >>

> >>Hope everyone is

> having a nice

> weekend!

> >>

> >>

> >> 

> >>

>

Well hey we all get to go through The Change together then.  I'm only in the beginnings of it I think but 10 days late seems way off to me.  We'll see.. while I don't like this it's better than being a man who might...... start needing viagra :) Yes I'm a stinker )  I'm sure you'll never need it :)

I'm in this crowd, too. At 53, I guess it's about time. My periods have only been off about 6 months, but before that, I was like clockwork. The ONLY times I was ever late were when I was pregnant. (Getting pregnant was easy with such regularity!) Mine have been coming early, though, instead of late, and I get light spotting in between, which I also never had before. I sometimes get cold at night, but no night sweats.

Indyrose

> >

> >

> >>From:

> Pink Pussycat

> >>Subject:

> Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

> >>To: " Exercise

> Videos " <exercisevideos >

> >>Date: Sunday,

> February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

> >>

> >>

> >> 

> >>I am grateful for many things about today.  It didn't rain, for one thing. 

> >>

> >>I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at

> work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and

> take a shower there afterward. 

> >>

> to finish the race!

> >>

> >>My sheer size and purple hair drew some

> attention to me.  I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there

> but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self

> created water stations, and those walks were very brief.   I

> finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12

> minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the

> strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race. 

> >>

> >>There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both

> directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path

> that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF

> running toward me said something and smiled.  Damn that I had my

> headphones on and can't read lips!!  He was extremely handsome in

> the Redford kinda way. 

> >>

> to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it

> due to an injury.  The 12K continues on further into the

> Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and

> it was nice to run the rest of it this year!

> >>

> >>This race on the

> surface is nothing to write home about.  For me it's special

> because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start

> of running season for me, and   2)  I've never had a

> valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate

> it somehow. 

> >>

> >>I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late

> period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL.   I'm wondering

> if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and

> I've been hormonally depressed lately.  Hmm.

> >>

> >>My only

> critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers,

> there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles.  Thank goodness I

> had my hydration belt with me!   You hit this same station on the

> way back but still..

> >>

> >>I had confused the goodie section with

> that of the Jingle Bell Run.  I was expecting free NUUN tablets

> and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled

> water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no

> biggie.  I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of

> peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large,

> quality garlicy bagel.  The usual.

> >>

> >>My ankles are sore and

> the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just

> fatigue type pain.

> >>

> >>Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in

> preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. 

> >>

> >>Hope everyone is

> having a nice

> weekend!

> >>

> >>

> >> 

> >>

>

Don't feel bad , I've NEVER had a Valentine either but I go to the local Deaf club every year for their Valentine's Dingo and I won again! I think this is the 3rd year in a row that I've won. How old was your Mom when she started the change? That usually predicts when it will happen to you (I read some where.) I had a hysterectomy so hopefully I won't ever start the change. JenWhen will you get rid of that cyst?Subject: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12KTo: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

I am grateful for many things about today. It didn't rain, for one thing. I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and take a shower there afterward.

I am grateful I was able to finish the race! My sheer size and purple hair drew some attention to me. I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self created water stations, and those walks were very brief. I finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12 minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race.

There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF running toward me said something and smiled. Damn that I had my headphones on and can't read lips!! He was extremely handsome in the Redford kinda way.

I am grateful I was able to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it due to an injury. The 12K continues on further into the Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and it was nice to run the rest of it this year!

This race on the surface is nothing to write home about. For me it's special because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start of running season for me, and 2) I've never had a valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate it somehow.

I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL. I'm wondering if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and I've been hormonally depressed lately. Hmm.

My only critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers, there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles. Thank goodness I had my hydration belt with me! You hit this same station on the way back but still..

I had confused the goodie section with that of the Jingle Bell Run. I was expecting free NUUN tablets and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no biggie. I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large, quality garlicy bagel. The usual.

My ankles are sore and the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just fatigue type pain. Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Jen, my single EV Sister, thank goodness we have found alternate activities for this day!  You totally rock in my book and I'm crossing our fingers that our day will come!Have fun at Dingo, and please post pics of baby kittehs when you get them!!!

My mom was about my age when she went through The Change, but my sister and the Krafts started later.  However, I had B size boobs in 5th grade and got my period very early so I'm just guessing I get to go through menopause early too :/ ug  I'd rather have the predictable bleeding over unpredictable night sweats and other crap but we don't get a choice do we..

Don't feel bad , I've NEVER had a Valentine either but I go to the local Deaf club every year for their Valentine's Dingo and I won again!  I think this is the 3rd year in a row that I've won.  

How old was your Mom when she started the change?   That usually predicts when it will happen to you (I read some where.)  I had a hysterectomy so hopefully I won't ever start the change.                    Jen

When will you get rid of that cyst?

Subject: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

To: " Exercise Videos " <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

I am grateful for many things about today.  It didn't rain, for one thing.  I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and take a shower there afterward. 

I am grateful I was able to finish the race! My sheer size and purple hair drew some attention to me.  I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self created water stations, and those walks were very brief.   I finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12 minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race. 

There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF running toward me said something and smiled.  Damn that I had my headphones on and can't read lips!!  He was extremely handsome in the Redford kinda way. 

I am grateful I was able to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it due to an injury.  The 12K continues on further into the Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and it was nice to run the rest of it this year!

This race on the surface is nothing to write home about.  For me it's special because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start of running season for me, and   2)  I've never had a valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate it somehow. 

I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL.   I'm wondering if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and I've been hormonally depressed lately.  Hmm.

My only critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers, there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles.  Thank goodness I had my hydration belt with me!   You hit this same station on the way back but still..

I had confused the goodie section with that of the Jingle Bell Run.  I was expecting free NUUN tablets and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no biggie.  I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large, quality garlicy bagel.  The usual.

My ankles are sore and the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just fatigue type pain. Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in preparation for the Shamrock run 15K.  Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Mine started being weird about a year ago probably and I finally decided yep, this is the beginning (and oddly enough, I'm actually excited about welcoming another stage in my life, which, so far at least, is not unpleasant, annoying at times but not unpleasant though we'll see what happens as it progresses).

I'm 42 and have started waking up with sweat down the front of me. Not every night but I'd say 4 nights a week. My periods have been spot on for years, always regular until this last month. It went close to 9 days which is very abnormal for me. I've been feeling really moody too and not in PMS. My sleep problems have also got worse. I hope I'm not in the beginning.

I'm glad you can be positive about it. I wish I could be. I heard you can go to the doctor and they can give you a test to see if you are.

~*´¨¸ *.• ´¸.•*´¨ ¸.•*¨ .•´ ¸ .*

while I don't like this it's better than being a man who might...... start needing viagra :) Yes I'm a stinker ) I'm sure you'll never need it :)

I'm glad you brought that up. What age do men go through "something" does anyone know? My husband just turned 46 on Saturday.

The Valentine's Dingo was this past Saturday but tomorrow I'm rebelling and wearing red nail polish to work (we interpreters aren't suppose to wear bright colors) and I'm gonna ENJOY IT! Tonight at volleyball I will have red nails and wear a red tank top! Strange but I DO LOVE Valentine's Day....Red and Redish colors are my fav. Jenp.s. I hope someday to have a Valentine but I refuse to look for him anymore...he has to find me now!Thanks for saying I ROCK, you ROCK Too!

Subject: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

To: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

Mine come earlier too. I've noticed some spotting too, every few months, and I never had any before. So weird. I'm always cold (day, night, doesn't matter). Hot flashes might be a good thing! (No, just kidding!!)

> Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K> >>To: "Exercise > Videos" <exercisevideos >> >>Date: Sunday, > February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM> >>> >>> >> > >>I am grateful for many things about today. It didn't rain, for one thing. > >>> >>I am grateful to have the Sweat Shop at > work downtown to store all my stuff during the run and to stretch and > take a shower there afterward. > >>> >>I am grateful I was able > to finish the race! > >>> >>My sheer size and purple hair drew some > attention to me. I was the biggest 12K runner that I saw there > but I only stopped to walk through the water station and my 2 self > created water stations, and those walks were very brief.  I > finished the race in 91 minutes gun time so I'm slow, this is a 12 > minute mile pace, but I feel like I'm the tortoise, or better yet, the > strong, large but slower Clydesdale horse that wins the race. > >>> >>There was a woman dressed in purple who cheered me on at both > directions and high fived me, but better yet, as I passed the path > that only the 12K runners got to go on, this fast HUNK AND A HALF > running toward me said something and smiled. Damn that I had my > headphones on and can't read lips!! He was extremely handsome in > the Redford kinda way. > >>> >>I am grateful I was able > to do the 12K because last year I did the 8K and had to walk 2/3 of it > due to an injury. The 12K continues on further into the > Greenwood Trail, a scenic wetland area along the Willamette River, and > it was nice to run the rest of it this year!> >>> >>This race on the > surface is nothing to write home about. For me it's special > because 1) it's my first race for 2012 and officially marks the start > of running season for me, and  2) I've never had a > valentine my entire life so this is a way I get to actually celebrate > it somehow. > >>> >>I find it ironic that I got my 10 day late > period toward the end of this run for anemia LOL.  I'm wondering > if I'm at the beginning of The Change since my period was so late and > I've been hormonally depressed lately. Hmm.> >>> >>My only > critque of this race is that while there were plenty of volunteers, > there was only ONE water station at 1.5 miles. Thank goodness I > had my hydration belt with me!  You hit this same station on the > way back but still..> >>> >>I had confused the goodie section with > that of the Jingle Bell Run. I was expecting free NUUN tablets > and lots of other good freebies but they didn't even have bottled > water for this race but again I had my hydration belt so no > biggie. I had a banana, 2 orange wedges, 2 small packs of > peanuts, one small Cinnabon and the best thing though was a large, > quality garlicy bagel. The usual. > >>> >>My ankles are sore and > the cyst isn't happy with me, but I'm not in any real pain, just > fatigue type pain. > >>> >>Next weekend I do my 10 mile route in > preparation for the Shamrock run 15K. > >>> >>Hope everyone is > having a nice > weekend!> >>> >>> >> > >>>

I fit in too. I have night sweats and insomnia. I am so tired sleeping only about 2-3 hours a night since the hysterectomy. My stomach still bloats up huge with gas and water causing extreme pain. I measured a 4 inch increase one time that happened within a few hours. Its given me some new stretch marks.

Subject: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12KTo: "Exercise Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, February 12, 2012, 2:35 PM

I'm also not having any kind of major life disruptions (right now anyway) so it is easy to be positive when it isn't keeping you from sleeping, etc.! We'll see where I am later... (hopefully still positive)!

And, yes, you can have a blood test that will tell you if you've started. When I was taking tamoxifen, which can put you into a chemical menopause, my doc told me that if necessary they could do that to see if I was really going through menopause or not. As it turned out, tamoxifen was pretty gentle on me, just totally whacked out cycles (kinda like now, but I've been off it for almost 3 years now). I've been hoping that was a sign of things to come!

Mine started being weird about a year ago probably and I finally decided yep, this is the beginning (and oddly enough, I'm actually excited about welcoming another stage in my life, which, so far at least, is not unpleasant, annoying at times but not unpleasant though we'll see what happens as it progresses).

I'm 42 and have started waking up with sweat down the front of me. Not every night but I'd say 4 nights a week. My periods have been spot on for years, always regular until this last month. It went close to 9 days which is very abnormal for me. I've been feeling really moody too and not in PMS. My sleep problems have also got worse. I hope I'm not in the beginning.

I'm glad you can be positive about it. I wish I could be. I heard you can go to the doctor and they can give you a test to see if you are.

Why are interpreters not supposed to wear bright colors? Is it too distracting? Interesting... I never would have thought about it! (The things we take for granted...)

did you check out hystersisters website.. lots of good info post hysteretomyGas X was my friend as was duclox or stool softener.. I know it is gross but man that saved me some real pain.. it will get better !judy To: exercisevideos Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 3:38 PM Subject: Re: Valentine Fanconi Anemia Run 12K

I fit in too. I have night sweats and insomnia. I am so tired sleeping only about 2-3 hours a night since the hysterectomy. My stomach still bloats up huge with gas and water causing extreme pain. I measured a 4 inch increase one time that happened within a few hours. Its given me some new stretch marks.

Yep too distracting. But my nails aren't long so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Not suppose to wear blouses with a lot of designs....most terps wear plain colors...blue or black. I wear purple, light purple, blue and tan. You are suppose to wear clothing that contrasts with your skin tone so that it's easier for Deaf people to read your signing. Jen

Wow, I never would have thought of any of that but it certainly makes sense! I love learning these things, thank you!

I have been there reading. They really don't seem to have ideas to help with gas other than walking. Nothing so far has specifically helped with the gas. Doing twisting moves with yoga, chi gong, classical stretch has been slightly helpful. Last night I did a workout from youtube that helps with digestion. I have kept everything flowing with natural herbs. I try to avoid chemicals.

I didn't use any laxatives just stool softners as the incisions would break if I strained..but beano/gas x helped with gas. good luck it will pass :) (pun intended)j To: exercisevideos Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:48 PM Subject:

I have been there reading. They really don't seem to have ideas to help with gas other than walking. Nothing so far has specifically helped with the gas. Doing twisting moves with yoga, chi gong, classical stretch has been slightly helpful. Last night I did a workout from youtube that helps with digestion. I have kept everything flowing with natural herbs. I try to avoid chemicals.