RemedySpot.com

Re: Saying Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

a I miss you and am so happy you checked in!  Can't wait to see pics of baby Leila! Darcy would be a good person to ask about post preg workouts.  It will take a good 4-6 months I think to be back to where you were before, but I'm sure it will happen!

I can't think of any big crazes since you became preggers.  Yes there's P90X2 but I don't think anyone here has done it yet or is enthused about it.  Jen and Carolyn are doing Project You, Donna diligently does her barre / mat workouts with treadmill workouts, is her usual Iron Woman self, me, I've been mostly doing gym workouts with some Turbo Jam here and there. 

I have so many virgin workouts it's embarrassing.  I do miss Studio LouLou and my home workouts sometimes!  xoxo

Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...

As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X????

How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)

Hugs to all,

a

Guest guest

KCM's 30 Minutes to Fitness - Start Here - is a workout designed for those coming back to fitness after being off for awhile. I used it when coming back from an illness and really like it.What are you planning to name your baby girl?

Regards,Catlin

Guest guest

Hi a!!!! Wow, congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope the birth goes wonderfully well and your baby girl arrives healthy!

I second the suggestion for using 30 Minutes to Fitness Start Here. I'm working with a pinched nerve in my foot and am trying PowerFit workouts a bit this week. They're pretty low key and gentle so those might be good ones to start with too, they wouldn't be the intensity you were used to but they can be modified easily. Of course, anything would probably work too!

I look forward to reading good news from you soon!

Saying "Hello"

Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X???? How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)Hugs to all,a

Guest guest

((Hugs)) , I've missed you too! Good thing we went through that mass DVD

accumulation phase, I've got a ton of virgin workouts. Obviously, going back to

the dojo isn't an option for a while due to both cost and child care.

One of my nesting activities was to say goodbye to the hundreds of VHS tapes I

had held on to. I started collecting those close to 18 years ago. Of course now

I have hundreds of DVDs but they all need to wait until I'm back to " advanced " .

This is the longest span of time I've been down - ever. Its scary. Glad I have

friends to help me through!!

a

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although

> > I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of

> > you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I

> > started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I

> > of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to

> > move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I

> > know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either.

> > That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would

> > gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never

> > know...

> >

> > As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise

> > video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second

> > p90X????

> >

> > How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)

> >

> > Hugs to all,

> > a

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Catlin, I LOVE her! Her accent sort of reminds me of home too ;-)

>

> KCM's 30 Minutes to Fitness - Start Here - is a workout designed for those

> coming back to fitness after being off for awhile. I used it when coming

> back from an illness and really like it.

>

> What are you planning to name your baby girl?

>

> Regards,

> Catlin

>

Guest guest

Oh, and we will be naming her Laila ;-)

>

> KCM's 30 Minutes to Fitness - Start Here - is a workout designed for those

> coming back to fitness after being off for awhile. I used it when coming

> back from an illness and really like it.

>

> What are you planning to name your baby girl?

>

> Regards,

> Catlin

>

Guest guest

Thank you ! I used quite a bit during the beginning of the

pregnancy. Sometimes I can coax Terry into those ;-)

A pinched nerve in your foot? OUCH!!!!! Are you going to physical therapy? Can

you swim?

Missed you!!

>

> Hi a!!!! Wow, congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope the birth goes

wonderfully well and your baby girl arrives healthy!

>

> I second the suggestion for using 30 Minutes to Fitness Start Here. I'm

working with a pinched nerve in my foot and am trying PowerFit workouts a bit

this week. They're pretty low key and gentle so those might be good ones to

start with too, they wouldn't be the intensity you were used to but they can be

modified easily. Of course, anything would probably work too!

>

> I look forward to reading good news from you soon!

>

>

>

> Saying " Hello "

>

>

>

> Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've

done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having

contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait

to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little

nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back

slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with

prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on

a vaginal birth - but you never know...

>

> As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video

news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X????

>

> How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)

>

> Hugs to all,

> a

>

Guest guest

Hi again, a! I've missed you too!! Dave does with me sometimes too! He likes her a lot! No physical therapy, the doc has tried adjusting my orthotics, cortisone injections and now alcohol injections. I can swim but don't have easy access to a pool. Last night and, so far this morning, are good though so hopefully it will continue!

Saying "Hello"> > > > Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...> > As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X???? > > How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)> > Hugs to all,> a>

Guest guest

Oh, Congratulations, a!! Can't wait to hear about your daughter!!! I'd say start slow, don't put too much pressure on yourself. Stick to the shorter workouts (10, 20 or 30 min) but aim for consistency. You will be tired taking care of a new baby and also your body will need to rest and recover. The PowerFit/PF Harmony workouts may be a good place to start - only 20 min - which you can squeeze in. Also, since you'll be giving birth at a time of good weather, you can get out and walk w/ your little one.

Most of all - really, be kind to yourself. I wasn't and was in too much of a hurry to get back to "normal" so I didn't really savor some of the down time as much as I should have. And, although it will seem that the first year takes forever, the remaining years FLY by - so enjoy every minute!

Congrats!!Donna

Subject: Saying "Hello"To: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 8:26 PM

Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X???? How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)Hugs to

all,a

Guest guest

Hi a! Congratulations!!! As for your last question, we don't expect you to " behave " when you're up to full speed. :)

Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...

As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X????

How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)

Hugs to all,

a

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Alcohol injections? Never heard of that one. Is it an orthpaedist?

> >

> > Hi a!!!! Wow, congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope the birth goes

wonderfully well and your baby girl arrives healthy!

> >

> > I second the suggestion for using 30 Minutes to Fitness Start Here. I'm

working with a pinched nerve in my foot and am trying PowerFit workouts a bit

this week. They're pretty low key and gentle so those might be good ones to

start with too, they wouldn't be the intensity you were used to but they can be

modified easily. Of course, anything would probably work too!

> >

> > I look forward to reading good news from you soon!

> >

> >

> >

> > Saying " Hello "

> >

> >

> >

I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on

FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having

nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back

prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on

> >

video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X????

> >

> >

> > Hugs to all,

> > a

> >

>

Guest guest

Thanks Donna!! I bought the Harmony and will give it a whirl. I like Huckabee

and the price is right ;-)

Its pretty essential I get moving right away. My fibromyalgia is flaring like

crazy because of the restricted movement. I'm not a big believer in taking pain

pills for things that can be helped through exercise. Don't get me wrong, some

fibros don't find enough relief that way, but I do. And I can't take pain pills

while nursing....and of course I can't take care of and lift her well in pain.

The weight gain(FORTY POUNDS during pregnancy) is of course bothering me, but I

can't go crazy and jeopardize the nursing process either. Le sigh. I'm large

chested when not nursing or pregnant, I'm not looking forward to the discomfort

of cardio while um....swollen ;-)

a

>

>

>

> Subject: Saying " Hello "

> To: exercisevideos

> Date: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 8:26 PM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've

done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB.

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having

>

> As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video

news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X????

>

> How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)

>

> Hugs to all,

> a

>

Guest guest

Thanks - I'm already misbehaving a little with purchases. I want to be

sure I'm super motivated and equipped ;-)

>

> > know...

> >

> > p90X????

> >

> >

> > Hugs to all,

> > a

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

No, podiatrist. I've been doing some research and apparently it is supposed to deaden the nerve, almost like removing it with surgery. I have to ask more questions this week and find out more about it and what to expect, especially long-term. It is working a lot better than the cortisone shots did even though I'm still having some pain and discomfort but I'm hopeful this is going to be the fix. I just want it to be as close to permanent as possible and I want to get back to doing high impact, heavy duty workouts (heck, I want to be back to just any regular activity instead of having to be constantly worried that anything I do will result in waking up all night in pain).

Saying "Hello"> > > > > > > > Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...> > > > As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X???? > > > > How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)> > > > Hugs to all,> > a> >>

Guest guest

My RA flared insanely when I was pregnant (plus add on carpal tunnel with the 3rd! thankfully that went away a few months after she was born and the RA calmed down a few months after each kid was born too) so movement for that reason was pretty restricted for me too. They actually did put me on a very low dose of prednisone with my first but it did nothing for me so I would have been better off not doing anything, in retrospect. I didn't take anything with the other 2. If you can walk and do PowerFit style workouts after the baby is born that may help. I wasn't into exercise in those days but wish I had been, I'm sure it would have helped me to feel better.

Saying "Hello"> To: exercisevideos > Date: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 8:26 PM> > > > Â > > > > Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...> > As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X???? > > How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)> > Hugs to all,> a>

Guest guest

hi paula!!! i have been thinking about you and wondering how

you have been and what you have been up to. i did not get

your original email though (i seem to be missing others as well)

so i have no idea what is going on!! i only saw catlin's

response. what is she talking about? a baby girl !!!!!

whoa! i feel so out of the loop !!! LOL. anyway, i just

wanted to say 'hello' back and to let you know that we have

missed you.

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Wow, I can't imagine doing this two more times. Its amazing how much they don't

know about certain autoimmune disorders and pregnancy. My doctor doesn't believe

in full bed rest, but yesterday I got prescribed even more rest in bed....which

is already pretty much most of my day. UGH. Almost there though!

a

> >

> >

> > From: a <paulajfrey@>

> > Subject: Saying " Hello "

> > To: exercisevideos

> > Date: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 8:26 PM

> >

> >

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on

FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having

> >

video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X????

> >

> >

> > Hugs to all,

> > a

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Carolyn! Yes,a baby girl due sometime in the next few weeks!! Terry

and I also FINALLY got married and will be celebrating our one year anniversary

shortly after the baby's arrival. I've been up until recently juggling 60 plus

hours a week at work and grad school.

How are you???

P

>

> hi paula!!! i have been thinking about you and wondering how

> you have been and what you have been up to. i did not get

> your original email though (i seem to be missing others as well)

> so i have no idea what is going on!! i only saw catlin's

> response. what is she talking about? a baby girl !!!!!

> whoa! i feel so out of the loop !!! LOL. anyway, i just

> wanted to say 'hello' back and to let you know that we have

> missed you.

> :*carolyn.

>

Guest guest

Can't be too prepared! ;)

Thanks - I'm already misbehaving a little with purchases. I want to be sure I'm super motivated and equipped ;-)

>

> > know...

> >

> > p90X????

> >

> >

> > Hugs to all,

> > a

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> >

Guest guest

> Thank you Carolyn! Yes,a baby girl due sometime in the next few weeks!!

wow!!! congratulations paula!!!

also a big congrats on you and terry getting married!!

sounds like some bed rest is needed anyway.... 60 hour work week

plus school plus growing a baby?!? whoa!

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Thanks. I've slowed WAY down this last month. I will go back to school a few

months after she is born. I can't wait to have school off of my plate! I was

thinking of getting a second Master's after this one....but now I'm not so sure.

Exhausted!!!!!

a

> > Thank you Carolyn! Yes,a baby girl due sometime in the next few weeks!!

>

> wow!!! congratulations paula!!!

> also a big congrats on you and terry getting married!!

> sounds like some bed rest is needed anyway.... 60 hour work week

> plus school plus growing a baby?!? whoa!

> :*carolyn.

>

Guest guest

Congrats on the marriage too, a!!!

Hugs,

Re: Saying "Hello"

Thank you Carolyn! Yes,a baby girl due sometime in the next few weeks!! Terry and I also FINALLY got married and will be celebrating our one year anniversary shortly after the baby's arrival. I've been up until recently juggling 60 plus hours a week at work and grad school.How are you???P>> hi paula!!! i have been thinking about you and wondering how > you have been and what you have been up to. i did not get > your original email though (i seem to be missing others as well) > so i have no idea what is going on!! i only saw catlin's > response. what is she talking about? a baby girl !!!!! > whoa! i feel so out of the loop !!! LOL. anyway, i just > wanted to say 'hello' back and to let you know that we have > missed you.> :*carolyn.>

Guest guest

I had some bed rest (not full though) with my first because I had preeclampsia, couldn't imagine doing it full. Ugh is right. I hope the time passes quickly!

Saying "Hello"> > To: exercisevideos > > Date: Sunday, March 4, 2012, 8:26 PM> > > > > > > > Â > > > > > > > > Hello all! Wow, I think its been a year or more since I posted although I've done some lurking on and off - and of course I kept up with some of you on FB. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and not allowed to workout because I started having contractions around 20 weeks. Almost to the finish line! I of course can't wait to hold our new baby girl, but I also can't wait to move again. I'm a little nervous about what workouts to start back with. I know I will need to start back slow, but I don't want to be bored either. That seemed to be my problem with prenatal workouts (YAWN) Any advice would gladly be appreciated. I'm planning on a vaginal birth - but you never know...> > > > As a measure of self-preservation, I've had to tune out most exercise video news for a while. Seems like there is so much out there. A second p90X???? > > > > How will I ever behave myself when I am full speed? ;-)> > > > Hugs to all,> > a> >>

Guest guest

Catlin,

My first Master's will be in Public Administration with an emphasis on Health

Policy. The second one was going to be in Emergency and Disaster Management, but

I am contemplating Public Health instead. ;-)

a

>

> I'm a great believer in education - what are you getting you're Masters in?

> And you're 2nd Masters in?...

> Best wishes,

> Catlin

>