RemedySpot.com

Re: week in review - 6.16 hours

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I can't see the workouts for some reason, but I saw your other posts. Your workouts are amazing.  They fascinate me because I hate gyms. You thrive there. I have no doubt that you'll get the food thing back in line. 

Events are a huge challenge. Food is a huge challenge. There's a food mojo that involves planning, frequent shopping, food prep... it just doesn't happen overnight for me. It's a groove that I have to slip into step by step. Last year I got into the habit of buying my lunches and eating prepared foods. I just didn't have it in me at the end of the day. I have a lot more energy at the end of the day now, but It has taken me a couple of months to switch back to better habits, but it sure didn't happen overnight. 

Good luck with the food mojo! You'll do it.

Good evening, Everyone! Below is my week in review.  Other than not running outside like I should have I'm very proud of this week.  I have been sore every day from strength training and I'm glad to be using the Sweat Shop more again too. 

Eating really needs a lot of help :(  I eat all the good stuff, but then I eat the bad stuff on top of it.  How come every social event seems to involve eating and drinking?  UG!   I need to develop some discipline to  " just say no " in the words of Regan *sigh* it gets to where I don't even want to hang out with friends because it will involve temptations. 

One thing I love about the night crowd at CAC is that it's the same people every single night and they too are at the gym on a Friday and Saturday night.  I feel less alone, like there are other people outside this list who also care about working out and not going out to eat or clubbing on the weekend. 

Thank goodness tomorrow is a new week.  I'm running tomorrow snow or shine, as the Shamrock Run 15 is in just 2 weeks!  I *must* train for this, I have to finish to get my beer bottle opener medal! Looking forward to seeing Noel again on Tuesday for chest and triceps.  I miss him and Fitness so much and I think it will help remotivate me diet wise.  No leg days til after the race though!  

Guest guest

Your workouts are amazing. They fascinate me because I hate gyms. You thrive there.

I was thinking the same thing. You do the most unique and TOUGH workouts of anyone I know.

I'm with you on the eating. I tend to eat well on Friday and then eat bad on top of it too. Its something about knowing we are eating out, which we don't always do on Friday, but when we do I tend to give up on the good stuff mid morning.

I think what really helps me the most is that in many years I've not eaten ANYTHING after dinner and we eat really early (3:30). On the weekends when we eat out we eat even earlier, like 1 or 2 pm. I don't eat anything until the next day. I've never looked at it as fasting, but I guess that's what I do. Anyway, I think that helps a lot, at least for me.

`* ¸*´¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Guest guest

What time do you go to bed, ?  Noel and Chalene both advocate not eating in the evenings, more like not after 7 but I'm guessing they figure ppl go to bed around 10?  You are so good about weighing all your food and being strict during the week, and it's good for the body to have a cheat day too.  In short, you're doing all the right things!  Plus you don't drink much, if ever, as I recall. 

Attempting to insert my workouts again out of curiosity, maybe Yahoo is dropping inline attachments so this is in part a test; I know that any regular attachments only go to ppl on individual mail, and then they are dropped off.  Hmm

Your workouts are amazing.  They fascinate me because I hate gyms. You thrive there. 

I was thinking the same thing.  You do the most unique and TOUGH workouts of anyone I know.

I'm with you on the eating.  I tend to eat well on Friday and then eat bad on top of it too.  Its something about knowing we are eating out, which we don't always do on Friday, but when we do I tend to give up on the good stuff mid morning.

I think what really helps me the most is that in many years I've not eaten ANYTHING after dinner and we eat really early (3:30). On the weekends when we eat out we eat even earlier, like 1 or 2 pm.   I don't eat anything until the next day.   I've never looked at it as fasting, but I guess that's what I do.  Anyway, I think that helps a lot, at least for me. 

`* ¸*´

¸.•´ ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.

Guest guest

> Eating really needs a lot of help :(

do you keep a food log? i always have the sense knocked back

into me when i keep track. myfitnesspal's food log is very

good.... even has weird canadian products in it!

:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Me too. I sometimes think I don't need to log food anymore, but I get dumb really fast, especially if I start having wine again.myfitnesspal is actually fun for me to use.Canadians have weird products? ;)

do you keep a food log?    i always have the sense knocked back

into me when i keep track.   myfitnesspal's food log is very

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Oh yes, I log my food but I prefer Excel.  MFP is a wonderful website but not as fast as my pre-statted food list that I can copy and paste.  I track my macronutrient percentages and match them with various athletic profiles (bodybuilding, running, fighting)

I also enjoy researching new food stats - I'm a nerd that way :)It's an eye opener for sure!

Me too. I sometimes think I don't need to log food anymore, but I get dumb really fast, especially if I start having wine again.myfitnesspal is actually fun for me to use.Canadians have weird products? ;)

Guest guest

LOL! That's me too (getting dumb really fast but just dumb snacky things are my downfall).

I wanna hear about weird Canadian products!

Me too. I sometimes think I don't need to log food anymore, but I get dumb really fast, especially if I start having wine again.

myfitnesspal is actually fun for me to use.

Canadians have weird products? ;)

> Eating really needs a lot of help :(do you keep a food log? i always have the sense knocked backinto me when i keep track. myfitnesspal's food log is verygood.... even has weird canadian products in it!:*carolyn.------------------------------------

Guest guest

Sounds like you've got a great system going. In the end, I think whichever method you choose, the bottom line is that it causes you to pay attention, and that it helps you to make decisions in the heat of the moment. 

Oh yes, I log my food but I prefer Excel.  MFP is a wonderful website but not as fast as my pre-statted food list that I can copy and paste.  I track my macronutrient percentages and match them with various athletic profiles (bodybuilding, running, fighting)

I also enjoy researching new food stats - I'm a nerd that way :)It's an eye opener for sure!

Guest guest

Yeah, my dum-dum snacks moves usually happen at the end of the day. I've been doing so much better with that. Again, it's that fitbit graph with the food vs exercise calories. That's such a great, vivid, real-time visual. I want to end the day with that food line just under the exercise line. I've been really consistent for the past 7 days. I'm getting a kick out of that.

I want to wake up feeling like I did OK the day before. That's money.

LOL! That's me too (getting dumb really fast but just dumb snacky things are my downfall).

I wanna hear about weird Canadian products!

Me too. I sometimes think I don't need to log food anymore, but I get dumb really fast, especially if I start having wine again.

> Eating really needs a lot of help :(do you keep a food log?    i always have the sense knocked backinto me when i keep track.   myfitnesspal's food log is verygood.... even has weird canadian products in it!:*carolyn.------------------------------------

Guest guest

That graph sounds very helpfu!

I had the same revelation sometime last year... that I was waking up feeling bloated and uncomfortable and although I might be within my alloted points for the day (from the day before) I was eating a lot of junk at night and a lot of it was high in sodium (microwave popcorn most nights, not a bad food but the sodium would stick with me in the morning). When I cut out the popcorn especially, I noticed that I felt (and weighed) lighter in the morning and more comfortable. I still have snacks at night but less of them most of the time and usually not high in sodium either.

> Eating really needs a lot of help :(do you keep a food log? i always have the sense knocked backinto me when i keep track. myfitnesspal's food log is verygood.... even has weird canadian products in it!:*carolyn.------------------------------------

Guest guest

That is so cool, . There's nothing like opening your eyes in the morning and then remembering that you did things right the night before. It's so deeply satisfying, especially when you feel it in your body.

I spent many years of my life doing the opposite. I'd wake up with regrets because I could physically feel the damage created by habits.

That graph sounds very helpfu!

I had the same revelation sometime last year... that I was waking up feeling bloated and uncomfortable and although I might be within my alloted points for the day (from the day before) I was eating a lot of junk at night and a lot of it was high in sodium (microwave popcorn most nights, not a bad food but the sodium would stick with me in the morning). When I cut out the popcorn especially, I noticed that I felt (and weighed) lighter in the morning and more comfortable. I still have snacks at night but less of them most of the time and usually not high in sodium either.

> Eating really needs a lot of help :(do you keep a food log?    i always have the sense knocked backinto me when i keep track.   myfitnesspal's food log is verygood.... even has weird canadian products in it!:*carolyn.------------------------------------

Guest guest

> Oh yes, I log my food but I prefer Excel. MFP is a wonderful

> website but not as fast as my pre-statted food list that I can

> copy and paste. I track my macronutrient percentages and match

> them with various athletic profiles (bodybuilding, running, fighting)

im sorry i had forgotten that you had said this in the past!

sounds like you have a good thing going.

just sticking to the plan is hard, i know.

but i have to tell you that i totally gave up beer, alot of sugar

and alot of fat (still eat some of both but way less) and ive

lost a bunch of weight :)

Guest guest

Totally!  When I didn't drink alcohol for a year I lost 40 lbs, which is about what I want to lose! :) good job, Cola Pop!!! 

but i have to tell you that i totally gave up beer, alot of sugar

and alot of fat (still eat some of both but way less) and ive

lost a bunch of weight :)

Guest guest

> LOL! That's me too (getting dumb really fast but just dumb snacky

> things are my downfall).

yes i really hate those heat of the moment decisions, like you

said angelica.

it has really been helping me to have the MFP angel sitting on my

shoulder, telling me not to eat *that*!

> I wanna hear about weird Canadian products!

we have basically the same stuff but in different brands and

measurements.

but sometimes even the same brand will be a bit different in

ingredients.

the store where i work has its own cross-canada brand which is

huge... their products are great and some of them unique and

gourmet.

so it is difficult to find a database that has all of this

canuck stuff in it... entering it all myself really sucks.

but along comes MFP with their fabulous database and wow, im

impressed!

Guest guest

> I had the same revelation sometime last year... that I was waking

> up feeling bloated and uncomfortable

last summer i had bouts of irritable stomach/bowel/whatever...

it was awful but prompted me to clean up my diet alot. now

that it is 6 months later i have noticed that my stomach problems

have gone away.

Guest guest

That's awesome, Carolyn. I have IBS and deal with the bloating and uncomfortable feeling everyday. I wish I could find something to feel better, but I've tried just about everything.~~ Sent from 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: week in review - 6.16 hoursDate: Thu, Mar 8, 2012 11:40 am > I had the same revelation sometime last year... that I was waking> up feeling bloated and uncomfortablelast summer i had bouts of irritable stomach/bowel/whatever... it was awful but prompted me to clean up my diet alot. now that it is 6 months later i have noticed that my stomach problems have gone away.:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Measurements & brands I can see, but interesting the same brand might have different ingredients. Are there any uniquely "Canadian" foods? I used to live close enough to the Detroit/Windsor border (and crossing it used to be so much easier) that I went over there a lot on the weekends (especially before I turned 21 and the drinking age there was 19) but I don't remember encountering any unfamiliar foods or takes on familiar ones. I was pretty young then though so might just not have been aware of much too since I didn't exactly cook much either.

> LOL! That's me too (getting dumb really fast but just dumb snacky> things are my downfall).yes i really hate those heat of the moment decisions, like you said angelica.it has really been helping me to have the MFP angel sitting on my shoulder, telling me not to eat *that*!> I wanna hear about weird Canadian products!we have basically the same stuff but in different brands and measurements.but sometimes even the same brand will be a bit different in ingredients.the store where i work has its own cross-canada brand which is huge... their products are great and some of them unique and gourmet.so it is difficult to find a database that has all of this canuck stuff in it... entering it all myself really sucks. but along comes MFP with their fabulous database and wow, im impressed!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

I remember you talking about that, I'm glad you're doing so much better!!

> I had the same revelation sometime last year... that I was waking> up feeling bloated and uncomfortablelast summer i had bouts of irritable stomach/bowel/whatever... it was awful but prompted me to clean up my diet alot. now that it is 6 months later i have noticed that my stomach problems have gone away.:*carolyn.

Guest guest

- have you been to an allergy spec/ immunologist? You may have a food

sensitivity. Of course the most well known is gluten but there are a number of

other oddball allergies out there.

P

>

> > I had the same revelation sometime last year... that I was waking

>

> > up feeling bloated and uncomfortable

>

>

>

> last summer i had bouts of irritable stomach/bowel/whatever...

>

> it was awful but prompted me to clean up my diet alot. now

>

> that it is 6 months later i have noticed that my stomach problems

>

> have gone away.

>

> :*carolyn.

>

Guest guest

>Are there any uniquely

> " Canadian " foods?

hmmm, yes. but nothing pops into my head at the moment except

the disgusting poutine that they eat in quebec (french fries with

gravy and cheese curds... yuck!)

oh, i guess you could count coffee/donut chain 'tim hortons' and

beaver tails (which is a big pancake with local maple syrup, or

whatever you want on it, basically). and i suppose there is

'kraft dinner' which you also have, but is 'kraft mac & cheese'

there and it tastes different. we luvs our kraft dinner but i

cant have it anymore because it is so unhealthy :(

Guest guest

French fries with gravy and cheese curds?  Wowee-wow-wow!

>Are there any uniquely

> " Canadian " foods?

hmmm, yes.   but nothing pops into my head at the moment except

the disgusting poutine that they eat in quebec (french fries with

gravy and cheese curds... yuck!)

oh, i guess you could count coffee/donut chain 'tim hortons' and

beaver tails (which is a big pancake with local maple syrup, or

whatever you want on it, basically).  and i suppose there is

'kraft dinner' which you also have, but is 'kraft mac & cheese'

there and it tastes different.   we luvs our kraft dinner but i

cant have it anymore because it is so unhealthy :(

Guest guest

LOL! I've never been to Quebec so I haven't heard about poutine but it does sound nasty! We have Tim Hortons here now... eeek.

Interesting about the "kraft dinner!" I might have to try it sometime! Of course, now that everything is different travel-wise, I have to either get my passport renewed or get an enhanced driver's license to cross the border and since I live well over an hour away from it, I don't go over there anymore (except if we plan a special trip which we haven't partly because of the aforementioned identity papers hassle/expense). I'll just live vicariously through you for now! :-)

>Are there any uniquely> "Canadian" foods?hmmm, yes. but nothing pops into my head at the moment except the disgusting poutine that they eat in quebec (french fries with gravy and cheese curds... yuck!)oh, i guess you could count coffee/donut chain 'tim hortons' and beaver tails (which is a big pancake with local maple syrup, or whatever you want on it, basically). and i suppose there is 'kraft dinner' which you also have, but is 'kraft mac & cheese' there and it tastes different. we luvs our kraft dinner but i cant have it anymore because it is so unhealthy :(:*carolyn.

Guest guest

LOL! Definitely not something for weak in stomach or trying to lose weight, I'm sure! :-)

French fries with gravy and cheese curds? Wowee-wow-wow!

>Are there any uniquely> "Canadian" foods?hmmm, yes. but nothing pops into my head at the moment exceptthe disgusting poutine that they eat in quebec (french fries withgravy and cheese curds... yuck!)oh, i guess you could count coffee/donut chain 'tim hortons' andbeaver tails (which is a big pancake with local maple syrup, orwhatever you want on it, basically). and i suppose there is'kraft dinner' which you also have, but is 'kraft mac & cheese'there and it tastes different. we luvs our kraft dinner but icant have it anymore because it is so unhealthy :(:*carolyn.------------------------------------