RemedySpot.com

Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

DH has officially been "intaked" into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even

have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging "hotels" for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA). Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy. Will try to check in again sooon. KASSIAwife,mother,student,kettlebellehttp://ldysolana.blogspot.com

((HUGS)) and Prayers for you and your family, Kassia. Please keep us posted as you are able. It sounds like he is in good hands.

Donna

Subject: UpdateTo: "exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >Date: Friday, February 17, 2012, 9:29 AM

DH has officially been "intaked" into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will

be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging "hotels" for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA).

Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy.

Will try to check in again sooon.

KASSIAwife,mother,student,kettlebellehttp://ldysolana.blogspot.com

That is so cool!!!

More hugs,

Re: Update

Kassia, thank you for checking in. Sending positive thoughts on this process for . Here is an image of Medicine Buddah, with healing salve in his pot. I will envision him pasting in on and healing him.

Hugs, and Peace be,

DH has officially been "intaked" into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging "hotels" for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA).

Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy.

Will try to check in again sooon.

That's so cool , I am going to print that one out for him. KASSIAwife,mother,student,kettlebellehttp://ldysolana.blogspot.com To: exercisevideos Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 11:10 AM Subject: Re: Update

Kassia, thank you for checking in. Sending positive thoughts on this process for . Here is an image of Medicine Buddah, with healing salve in his pot. I will envision him pasting in on and healing him.

Hugs, and Peace be,

DH has officially been "intaked" into the stem cell program at UVA. We still have to push disability medical through, but they are confident they can handle that aspect for us and that he can began as soon as we have that. VERY long process, recovery of all functioning cells can take up to a year, but they are confident this can be the miracle for him. They already have a match, although they are still doing some tests to make sure (protocol and all). It's going to be a long wait for him to come back home (3 months at least), but at least the first step is he is now officially in the care of the stem cell transplant team. I went to see the unit last night (he is actually in that unit now b/c oncology ran out of beds) and it's total state of the art labs and every possible factor they can think of they did. They even

have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging "hotels" for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA).

Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy. Will try to check in again sooon.

That's GREAT news Kassia!Is he in the unit right now? JenSubject: UpdateTo: "exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >Date: Friday, February 17, 2012, 9:29 AM

have hepa filter fan systems to make sure all patients are safe from dust particles that could effect their recovery. They will be installing a fitness area b/c they want them working out some how during recovery. The fan systems are in the hallways as well so patients can move freely on the unit. UVA has chaplains on call (DH went with a Buddhist one, that was the one he felt most comfortable with seen he started treatments), a large team of nurses and doctors, and they even have a lodging "hotels" for patients in recovery that still can't go completely home (they can't be far from the cancer center and ER at UVA). Meanwhile, just trying to hang in. Have a lot going on with school this semester so I am super busy. Will try to check in again sooon. KASSIAwife,mother,student,kettlebellehttp://ldysolana.blogspot.com