RemedySpot.com

Re: Update on my foot

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

yea!! When I was struggling with PF.. I did those stretches and rolled a can under my foot and used yoga toes.. . much better. Plus I change my shoes a lot.. esp. at my dog events, I wear a different shoe each day. For some reason that helps, I think my foot adapts and gets lazy in same shoe.. oh Also I run my sprints in minimalists.. going to buy some lime green ones.. :)I am going to join you and Carolyn for Jackie rotation (which dvd? I have all hers.. :) and X factor.. love working out with you JEnjudy To: Exercise-Videos <exercisevideos > Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:22 PM Subject: Update on my foot

My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot. I asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your

ligament

and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new! He's kind of a smart ass but I like him. He also said that I have two chipped

bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where it hurts. Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle

bone hurt. It was also swollen under my ankle bone. Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better! My Podiatrist didn't give me any stretches to do. He did give me two shots of corisone one in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side of my foot. He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days. I found some stretches online and started doing them today. My foot doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I will stop and go home. I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half from having tight calf muscles on that same leg. I was just so frustrated by not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too much....live and learn. My eating has been pretty good except

for the corn beef I had yesterday! Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow! Jen

Guest guest

Wow, Jen! Your poor foot! I'm glad to hear the swelling is gone though. Those shots sound awful (I know all about the one in the side, that was the worst I've ever had). I hope you can do whatever you want as far as volleyball & exercise goes though!

Update on my foot

My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot. I asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your ligament and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new! He's kind of a smart ass but I like him. He also said that I have two chipped bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where it hurts. Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle bone hurt. It was also swollen under my ankle bone. Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better! My Podiatrist didn't give me any stretches to do. He did give me two shots of corisone one in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side of my foot. He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days. I found some stretches online and started doing them today. My foot doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I will stop and go home. I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half from having tight calf muscles on that same leg. I was just so frustrated by not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too much....live and learn. My eating has been pretty good except for the corn beef I had yesterday! Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow! Jen

Guest guest

Jen, I hope it all heals fast. I'm so glad it already feels better, and I'm especially glad that you saw that podiatrist. I hear ya on the increase in exercise. I've done that before: ramping up too quickly. It's only human. You sound like you're in good spirits, though.

My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot.  I asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your ligament

and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new!  He's kind of a smart ass but I like him.  He also said that I have two chipped

bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where it hurts.  Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle

bone hurt.  It was also swollen under my ankle bone.   Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better!  My Podiatrist didn't give me any stretches to do.  He did give me two shots of corisone one in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side of my foot.  He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days.

I found some stretches online and started doing them today.  My foot doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I will stop and go home.

I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half from having tight calf muscles on that same leg.  I was just so frustrated by not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too much....live and learn.  My eating has been pretty good except

for the corn beef I had yesterday!      Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow!                 Jen   

Guest guest

> Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow!

hi jen! i hope that your foot is going to be ok. i will see

you tomorrow (monday) for our date with gilad. i probably

wont be able to report in until night-time though, i have deli

work in the day-time.

:*carolyn.

PS: working in fish today was like going to hell and satan was

a steel-head trout :(

my deli boss freaked out when she realized i was there with no

training. heads are going to roll and i dont mean fish heads...

could be an interesting day at the store tomorrow (ugh!)

Guest guest

> I am going to join you and Carolyn for Jackie rotation (which

> dvd?

jackie warner's power circuit training.

> 15-Minute Total Body Circuit

> 40-Minute Total Body Circuit

> 15-Minute Abs Only Circuit

> 15-Minute Upper Body Circuit

> 15-Minute Lower Body Circuit

Guest guest

How long does it take to get rid of PF? Should I try to play volleyball this Monday or wait? I have one pair of gym shoes (New Balance) that I wear for volleyball ONLY and another pair of New Balance that I walk and work in. Both shoes are in good shape. Remember when I had tendonitis in my foot? Well it was the same foot (right) that I now have the PF in. Anyway, I had a shoe flare on my volleyball shoes and it fell off. I noticed that after that my foot wasn't as happy so I took the shoe over to the Orthodic place and they're putting a new shoe flare on as we speak. Maybe that also contributed to me getting PF.....? Judy, I'm looking forward to working a rotation with you again

too! JenSubject: Re: Update on my footTo: "exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 7:48 PM

yea!! When I was struggling with PF.. I did those stretches and rolled a can under my foot and used yoga toes.. . much better. Plus I change my shoes a lot.. esp. at my dog events, I wear a different shoe each day. For some reason that helps, I think my foot adapts and gets lazy in same shoe.. oh Also I run my sprints in minimalists.. going to buy some lime green ones.. :)I am going to join you and Carolyn for Jackie rotation (which dvd? I have all hers.. :) and X factor.. love working out with you JEnjudy To: Exercise-Videos <exercisevideos > Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:22 PM Subject: Update on my foot

My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot. I asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your

ligament

and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new! He's kind of a smart ass but I like him. He also said that I have two chipped

bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where it hurts. Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle

bone hurt. It was also swollen under my ankle bone. Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better! My Podiatrist didn't give me any stretches to do. He did give me two shots of corisone one in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side of my foot. He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days. I found some stretches online and started doing them today. My foot doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I will stop and go home. I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half from having tight calf muscles on that same leg. I was just so frustrated by not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too much....live and learn. My eating has been pretty good except

for the corn beef I had yesterday! Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow! Jen

Guest guest

The shot in the bottom of my foot hurt A LOT the one on the side didn't hurt at all. I don't think the Dr.s assistance sprayed the freezing spray in the right spot for the bottom of my foot. JenSubject: Re: Update on my footTo: exercisevideos Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 8:09 PM

Wow, Jen! Your poor foot! I'm glad to hear the swelling is gone though. Those shots sound awful (I know all about the one in the side, that was the worst I've ever had). I hope you can do whatever you want as far as volleyball & exercise goes though!

Update on my foot

My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot. I asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your ligament and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new! He's kind of a smart ass but I like him. He also said that I have two chipped bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where it hurts. Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle bone hurt. It was also swollen under my ankle bone. Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better! My Podiatrist didn't give me any stretches to do. He did give me two shots of corisone one in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side of my foot. He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days. I found some stretches online and started doing them today. My foot doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I will stop and go home. I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half from having tight calf muscles on that same leg. I was just so frustrated by not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too much....live and learn. My eating has been pretty good except for the corn beef I had yesterday! Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow! Jen

Guest guest

Hey Carolyn, mail me some fish...I Love fish!Tomorrow I don't have a very busy day (just one assignment scheduled) in the morning but Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be busy days for me. I will do what I can though, as always.Happy to be back with my rotation buddy! Jen

> Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow!

hi jen! i hope that your foot is going to be ok. i will see

you tomorrow (monday) for our date with gilad. i probably

wont be able to report in until night-time though, i have deli

work in the day-time.

PS: working in fish today was like going to hell and satan was

a steel-head trout :(

my deli boss freaked out when she realized i was there with no

training. heads are going to roll and i dont mean fish heads...

could be an interesting day at the store tomorrow (ugh!)

Guest guest

hmm it might be jen? I had such issues .. couldn't walk and what I did was1) rest2) work stretches with ball/can3) constantly change shoes.. .I have to find out why but it really helped. When I go for a 3 day dog trial I pack 4 to 5 shoes. .3 (minimalists) to run in and 2 different ones to walk in. yea it feeds my sneaker obsession .. but hey it worked!!I am not sure about VB because when I was really playing I had VB shoes only for court and others outside or I was on beach so barefoot. I think rotation of shoes and working those small muscles (can rolls and stretches) help. I keep doing this and have not had an issue..As a fellow setter it is harder

as we run more.. I may take a break or ask to not set??I am looking forward to jackie and X factor. To: exercisevideos Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 11:49 PM Subject: Re: Update on my foot

How long does it take to get rid of PF? Should I try to play volleyball this Monday or wait? I have one pair of gym shoes (New Balance) that I wear for volleyball ONLY and another pair of New Balance that I walk and work in. Both shoes are in good shape. Remember when I had tendonitis in my foot? Well it was the same foot (right) that I now have the PF in. Anyway, I had a shoe flare on my volleyball shoes and it fell off. I noticed that after that my foot wasn't as happy so I took the shoe over to the Orthodic place and they're putting a new shoe flare on as we speak. Maybe that also contributed to me getting PF.....? Judy, I'm looking forward to working a rotation with you again

too! JenSubject: Re: Update on my footTo: "exercisevideos " <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 7:48 PM

ligament

Guest guest

Ooooh, freezing spray, I need that!! I'll ask about it next time I see a needle headed toward my foot! (It has been 3 days since my last injection and the tingles and pain spikes have greatly lessened over the last day or so... trying not to hope too hard but this feels nice not to feel pain.)

Update on my foot

Guest guest

Your colorful description of working in the fish dept was hilarious, though I'm sorry it was like that for you!

> Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow!hi jen! i hope that your foot is going to be ok. i will see you tomorrow (monday) for our date with gilad. i probably wont be able to report in until night-time though, i have deli work in the day-time.:*carolyn.PS: working in fish today was like going to hell and satan was a steel-head trout :(my deli boss freaked out when she realized i was there with no training. heads are going to roll and i dont mean fish heads... could be an interesting day at the store tomorrow (ugh!)

Guest guest

Hi Jen,

Sorry to hear about the PF - hope it heals quickly!Donna

Subject: Update on my footTo: "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos >Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 6:22 PM

My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot. I asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your ligament and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new! He's kind of a smart ass but I like him. He also said that I have two chipped bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where it hurts. Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle bone hurt. It was also swollen under my ankle bone. Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better! My Podiatrist didn't give me any stretches to do. He did give me two shots of corisone one in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side

of my foot. He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days. I found some stretches online and started doing them today. My foot doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I will stop and go home. I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half from having tight calf muscles on that same leg. I was just so frustrated by not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too much....live and learn. My eating has been pretty good except for the corn beef I had yesterday! Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow! Jen

Guest guest

> Your colorful description of working in the fish dept was

> hilarious, though I'm sorry it was like that for you!

well i try to keep a sense of humour about these kinds of

things... although the bad attitudes of a few people at the store

that day were making me mad. im back in fish tomorrow all day,

but happily i have the asst manager who will be coming on her day

off to help me for the first couple of hours. after that,

everything should be fine.... yay!

Guest guest

Same here, Jen. Yikes! That sounds painful. Hoping for a quick recovery for

you.

>

>

>

> Subject: Update on my foot

> To: " Exercise-Videos " <exercisevideos >

> Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 6:22 PM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>    My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot.  I

asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your

ligament and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new! 

He's kind of a smart ass but I like him.  He also said that I have two chipped

bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where

it hurts.  Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the

whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle bone hurt. 

It was also swollen under my ankle bone.

>

>    Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better!  My Podiatrist

didn't give me any stretches to do.  He did give me two shots of corisone one

in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side of my

foot.  He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days.

>

>    I found some stretches online and started doing them today.  My foot

doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time

so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I

will stop and go home.

>

>     I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half

from having tight calf muscles on that same leg.  I was just so frustrated by

not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too

much....live and learn.  My eating has been pretty good except for the corn

beef I had yesterday!

>

>       Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow!

>

>                  Jen

>

>    

>

Guest guest

Sometimes it comes down to two choices, laugh or cry and it sounds like you choose laugh which I try to make my usual choice too. That's great that the manager is coming in to help you out. Good luck and keep laughing!

> Your colorful description of working in the fish dept was> hilarious, though I'm sorry it was like that for you!well i try to keep a sense of humour about these kinds of things... although the bad attitudes of a few people at the store that day were making me mad. im back in fish tomorrow all day, but happily i have the asst manager who will be coming on her day off to help me for the first couple of hours. after that, everything should be fine.... yay!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

Thanks Everyone! It's a little swollen today after playing last night so I will ice it again. No warm water soaking tonight as we're having a heat wave in Michigan! JenSubject: Re: Update on my footTo: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 8:28 AM

Same here, Jen. Yikes! That sounds painful. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

>

>

>

> Subject: Update on my foot

> To: "Exercise-Videos" <exercisevideos >

> Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012, 6:22 PM

>

>

>

> Â

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>   My Podiatrist told me that I have Plantar Fascitis in my right foot. I asked if I had tendonitis and he said it's the same thing, one is in your ligament and the other is in your tendon DUH I guess I learned something new! He's kind of a smart ass but I like him. He also said that I have two chipped bones from a previous injury one on the side of my foot which is one place where it hurts. Most of the time with Plantars your heel hurts a lot with mine the whole bottom of my foot and the outside of my foot under my ankle bone hurt. It was also swollen under my ankle bone.

>

>   Now though the swelling is gone and it feels 100% better! My Podiatrist didn't give me any stretches to do. He did give me two shots of corisone one in the bottom of my foot under my heel that hurt A LOT and one on the side of my foot. He gave me Celebrex to take for 9 days.

>

>   I found some stretches online and started doing them today. My foot doesn't hurt when I get up in the morning or when I've been sitting a long time so I will probably try to play volleyball tomorrow night. If it starts to hurt I will stop and go home.

>

>    I think this happened to me half from doing too much walking and half from having tight calf muscles on that same leg. I was just so frustrated by not being able to lose weight that I increased my exercise level too much....live and learn. My eating has been pretty good except for the corn beef I had yesterday!

>

> Â Â Â Â Â Carolyn, I will start Gilad with you tomorrow!

>

> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Jen

>

> Â Â Â

>