RemedySpot.com

Re: This week so far -

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Congrats on sticking to Cto5K and the Slim in Six program, Donna!  I like 6 Minute Abs a lot too :) 20 minutes on a treadmill kills me.  It may be slightly better on the joints but I'd rather run for an hour outside in the rain than do 20 minutes on the treadmill! 

Hi Everyone, Here is my week so far:

Sunday - Slim Series Express Cardio Sculpt (got some sore triceps! :)), 6 min abs (liked this better than Slim & 6 pack!) and Cool it Off Express (one of my favorite stretch routines)  (Plus functional fitness of cleaning out/organizing my DD's bedroom - looks so much better!)

Monday - I did manage to get my run in this morning - I did Couch to 5K Week 5, Workout # 2 which alternated 8 min of jogging w/ 5 min of walking. I did fine with that! My next Couch to 5K calls for a straight 20 min jog. I think I can do it - particularly on the treadmill where the impact is less.

Afterwards I did a yoga practice from Body Wisdom Media's Yoga for Athletes - I chose a practice for runners and did the 30 min general practice. It didn't have as much for the legs and hips as I would have liked (and may have been better off choosing the 20 min leg or hip routine instead) but it did have some good foundation poses. During Savasana I did some leg and hip stretches on my own. I ike this production - it isn't " flow yoga " but rather individual postures that are taught in a very detailed manner. Very good for learning proper alignment in the poses!

Tomorrow a.m. I'm going to do Ramp it Up. In the evening if I can (kind of up in

the air b/c DD has an eye appointment tomorrow afternoon) while my DD is at art class (if we go after the eye appointment - all depends on how long the appointment is, if we get drops, etc.!) I'm going to try a run/walk outdoors. I'm going to go back to Week 1 of Couch to 5K - which is 60 sec run/90 sec walk for 20 min b/c I haven't run outside in a long time and it is so different from the TM. I'm hoping this isn't going to be over-doing it - fingers crossed!  I could have re-arranged my week to run on Sunday -but since I wasn't sure if Tuesday would be a go....I didn't want to mess w/ the program! :)

Ok - hope everyone has a good Monday!!

Donna

Guest guest

Looks like your off to a great workout week, Donna. :)~~ Sent from my Thunderbolt 4GLTE ----- Reply message -----To: <exercisevideos >Subject: This week so far -Date: Mon, Mar 19, 2012 10:27 am Hi Everyone, Here is my week so far: Sunday - Slim Series Express Cardio Sculpt (got some sore triceps! :)), 6 min abs (liked this better than Slim & 6 pack!) and Cool it Off Express (one of my favorite stretch routines) (Plus functional fitness of cleaning out/organizing my DD's bedroom - looks so much better!) Monday - I did manage to get my run in this morning - I did Couch to 5K Week 5, Workout # 2 which alternated 8 min of jogging w/ 5 min of walking. I did fine with that! My next Couch to 5K calls for a straight 20 min jog. I think I can do it - particularly on the treadmill where the impact is less. Afterwards I did a yoga practice from Body Wisdom Media's Yoga for Athletes - I chose a practice for runners and did the 30 min general practice. It didn't have as much for the legs and hips as I would have liked (and may have been better off choosing the 20 min leg or hip routine instead) but it did have some good foundation poses. During Savasana I did some leg and hip stretches on my own. I ike this production - it isn't "flow yoga" but rather individual postures that are taught in a very detailed manner. Very good for learning proper alignment in the poses!Tomorrow a.m. I'm going to do Ramp it Up. In the evening if I can (kind of up inthe air b/c DD has an eye appointment tomorrow afternoon) while my DD is at art class (if we go after the eye appointment - all depends on how long the appointment is, if we get drops, etc.!) I'm going to try a run/walk outdoors. I'm going to go back to Week 1 of Couch to 5K - which is 60 sec run/90 sec walk for 20 min b/c I haven't run outside in a long time and it is so different from the TM. I'm hoping this isn't going to be over-doing it - fingers crossed! I could have re-arranged my week to run on Sunday -but since I wasn't sure if Tuesday would be a go....I didn't want to mess w/ the program! :)Ok - hope everyone has a good Monday!! Donna

Guest guest

You're doing (as always) so great, Donna! I hope you are having a great Monday too!

I'm home from work and catching my breath, the big kid comes home in a few minutes, then it is time to get the little on at Girl Scouts. I haven't had a chance to workout yet, but I'd like to this evening. The PUB premixes are calling my name and I might answer back, gotta see how the evening flows though (with kids, etc.).

This week so far -

Sunday - Slim Series Express Cardio Sculpt (got some sore triceps! :)), 6 min abs (liked this better than Slim & 6 pack!) and Cool it Off Express (one of my favorite stretch routines) (Plus functional fitness of cleaning out/organizing my DD's bedroom - looks so much better!)

Monday - I did manage to get my run in this morning - I did Couch to 5K Week 5, Workout # 2 which alternated 8 min of jogging w/ 5 min of walking. I did fine with that! My next Couch to 5K calls for a straight 20 min jog. I think I can do it - particularly on the treadmill where the impact is less. Afterwards I did a yoga practice from Body Wisdom Media's Yoga for Athletes - I chose a practice for runners and did the 30 min general practice. It didn't have as much for the legs and hips as I would have liked (and may have been better off choosing the 20 min leg or hip routine instead) but it did have some good foundation poses. During Savasana I did some leg and hip stretches on my own. I ike this production - it isn't "flow yoga" but rather individual postures that are taught in a very detailed manner. Very good for learning proper alignment in the poses!Tomorrow a.m. I'm going to do Ramp it Up. In the evening if I can (kind of up in the air b/c DD has an eye appointment tomorrow afternoon) while my DD is at art class (if we go after the eye appointment - all depends on how long the appointment is, if we get drops, etc.!) I'm going to try a run/walk outdoors. I'm going to go back to Week 1 of Couch to 5K - which is 60 sec run/90 sec walk for 20 min b/c I haven't run outside in a long time and it is so different from the TM. I'm hoping this isn't going to be over-doing it - fingers crossed! I could have re-arranged my week to run on Sunday -but since I wasn't sure if Tuesday would be a go....I didn't want to mess w/ the program! :)Ok - hope everyone has a good Monday!!

Donna

Guest guest

Thanks, Carolyn!I'm a 'former" runner - so I think my body just adapts easily to it - I ran in H.S., College and my 20's and early 30's (on and off). I'm going to attempt an outdoor run today!!Donna

Subject: Re: This week so far -To: exercisevideos Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 8:19 AM

hi donna - wow your progress with running is impressive. my hat goes off to you!!!:*carolyn.

Guest guest

That's an awesome week, Donna!

Sunday - Slim Series Express Cardio Sculpt (got some sore triceps! :)), 6 min abs (liked this better than Slim & 6 pack!) and Cool it Off Express (one of my favorite stretch routines)  (Plus functional fitness of cleaning out/organizing my DD's bedroom - looks so much better!)

Monday - I did manage to get my run in this morning - I did Couch to 5K Week 5, Workout # 2 which alternated 8 min of jogging w/ 5 min of walking. I did fine with that! My next Couch to 5K calls for a straight 20 min jog. I think I can do it - particularly on the treadmill where the impact is less.

Afterwards I did a yoga practice from Body Wisdom Media's Yoga for Athletes - I chose a practice for runners and did the 30 min general practice. It didn't have as much for the legs and hips as I would have liked (and may have been better off choosing the 20 min leg or hip routine instead) but it did have some good foundation poses. During Savasana I did some leg and hip stretches on my own. I ike this production - it isn't " flow yoga " but rather individual postures that are taught in a very detailed manner. Very good for learning proper alignment in the poses!

Tomorrow a.m. I'm going to do Ramp it Up. In the evening if I can (kind of up in

the air b/c DD has an eye appointment tomorrow afternoon) while my DD is at art class (if we go after the eye appointment - all depends on how long the appointment is, if we get drops, etc.!) I'm going to try a run/walk outdoors. I'm going to go back to Week 1 of Couch to 5K - which is 60 sec run/90 sec walk for 20 min b/c I haven't run outside in a long time and it is so different from the TM. I'm hoping this isn't going to be over-doing it - fingers crossed!  I could have re-arranged my week to run on Sunday -but since I wasn't sure if Tuesday would be a go....I didn't want to mess w/ the program! :)

Ok - hope everyone has a good Monday!!

Donna