RemedySpot.com

The FIRM Lower Body Sculpt II

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I went to bed with and then woke up with lots of DOMS from PUB yesterday! My chest is especially sore but also my triceps and even my biceps are sore (I really pushed myself with the hammer and bicep curls)! This morning's workout probably won't result in DOMS but it was still very enjoyable. I think this is the only workout Libby leads and I wish she did more! Her instructions were very precise and easy to follow and she really seemed to be enjoying herself which made it even more fun for me. It was all floor work except for the warm-up and a couple of stretches at the end standing. I really liked how she told you when to point or flex the toes (which I did gently, I hit my foot too hard on the floor once during the warm-up and went more easily in the workout!). A lot of instructors don't give you those instructions enough and I know in many exercises it can make a difference but often I'm not sure what would be best to do so I was glad to get them here. This is a 30 minute workout and it includes several sets of different kinds of crunches too so I was excited to get some ab/core work in along with lower body so I didn't felt like I had to make time for abs this morning or later on like I was planning. Libby suggests using 3-8 pound weights (unless you're a beginner, it was weird hearing Libby say "Beginners follow "). I went with 8s and that was good most of the time though I could have gone heavier for some I think. The sets are very short but there's a lot of variety so it is kind of a toss-up between would I want more reps of the same exercises or hit other muscles with other exercises but I think the latter, which is what she did, worked for me.

Tomorrow and Friday are both totally insane for me but I should be able to squeeze in 's triceps workout on Thursday and if not, I'm just going to do it 5:45 on Friday (which is more motivation to do it sometime tomorrow)! My feet seem to be getting better, I have foot doc appointment early tomorrow morning so we'll see what he wants to do then. I'm not ready for high impact exercise at all but I am SO far from where I was last week (depressed and near hopeless because it seemed to have gotten so much worse) that it is amazing! Off for a quick day at work then baking for 2 bake sales and a church retreat! :-)