RemedySpot.com

week in review + the day after Shamrock

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I decided to take a vacation day to sleep in and clean house. I looked online and my time was much better than I thought!  2:08, but 10-15 minutes of that was waiting in line to use the loo so really it was under 2 hours!  Yay!  I think that doing mostly cardio last week helped condition my lower body for the race, and I'm already excited to do a 7-10 mile run next weekend, and maybe 1 or 2 shorter three mile runs at lunch around the Esplanade.  I have a renewed enthusiasm now for the Sport :)  Some people from CAC want to do the Warrior Dash and I said I'd join.  This is a group of chubbier older women like me who aren't competitive, it would be just for fun and to finish, so it's a good group for me!  This is where you jump over fire, slippery logs across a  river, through a maze in a forest, climbing over nets, and under barbed wire fences through mud.  You get a cute viking helmet when you finish!

I was worried that Angry Ankle and Fussy Hip would be mad at me today, but it's not too bad, really!  I'm glad I took my sister's advice of taking ibuprofen both before and after the race, I think it helped!  I took two after breakfast today too.  I also took arnica tablets before and after and put cream on the cysty area as a precaution, I figured it couldn't hurt.

The two toenails I hate the most that are really thick and disfigured hurt after the race and are a bit discolored today and I really hope those suckers FALL OFF!  They are ugly, a nuisance, and I'd rather just have hard skin there for awhile and hope that a nice new nail would take their places.  We'll see.

Here's my week in review.  Next week will see a high number from the Shamrock Run.  Am gonna make  my way to CAC in awhile to do shoulders, some foam roller torture, swim some laps and do the Executive Workout. 

Tomorrow if my lower body isn't too sore lucky me, I get to do Legs with Noel. I'm dreading those 30 minutes more than I dreaded the thought of running 9.3 miles.  Goodbye mobility for a week!