RemedySpot.com

hair loss and anesthesia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I talked to a bunch of people at work yesterday just to kind of get a consensus of what they thought about hair loss related to surgery and anesthesia, I talked to two anesthesiologists a couple of surgeons and a few RN's and all of them definitely agreed hairloss can be attributed to surgery, and anesthesia, they also said some narcotics can cause this, Demerol, morphine, fentanyl etc etc...even vicodin and percocet in some individuals, however they were pretty clear that it is a temporary problem that usually lasts a short time and clears right up, so that is the word from the health professionals here in Idaho at least,now I wouldn't say they are world renowned but they do enough surgery to have some experience with this.

I have as I told you guys, taken vicodin for awhile for pain and do not think it has caused any hair loss in me.

I do believe that the plaquenil did cause some extra shedding however, when I was on it, my bathroom floor used to be full of hair, but I never felt like it was actually thinner, maybe a little.

I do believe the implants were starting to bring on hair loss and had I kept them I would have had a problem with it, I know for sure that right before my explant when I had a highlight done my hairdresser had handfuls of my hair in her hand when she combed through it, my hairdresser is also my sister and she was trying to hide it from me, I remember saying "What is that" and she said just some hair it is normal, she knew I was getting explanted in a week so she figured she wouldn't show it to me.

It freaked me out, I do believe the FDA booklet is right on when it says hair loss is one of the complaints women with saline implants have made, now I do not know if this is something that will go away in everyone if they get explanted, I think that nutrition will play a big role in this and if you are not absorbing the nutrients properly then your hair loss could continue indefinably.

The picture in the photo section shows a women with hairloss due to implants, and while it may have taken her 10 years to get it stop falling out, if she had kept the implants who knows she may be bald right now, it is def a controversial thing, so I am not saying that it is true or not, just my opinion, or rather concern.

Dr Kolb herself has said she had severe hair loss that cleared up when she removed her gel implants, so there is a connection. I think everyone is different, I know at times in my life when I was stressed and also after having a baby I had some extra hair loss that corrected itself, also when I was a drinker and smoker I noticed I had hair loss that was more than it is now.

I find the MSM helps my hair, I think right now my hair is the thickest healthiest and longest it has been in years, I love it.

Love,