RemedySpot.com

stroller recommendation needed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kathy, if you check craigslist and ebay, you may be able to find one that isn't too terribly expensive, but the Maclaren has a stroller, thinking it's called the Maclaren special needs stroller, but I won't swear that's the name, but I think it is. I can tell you that it's an easy push and durable, however it's not one for jogging with or going on rough terrain. I own a Maclaren side by side double and absolutely loved it when my kiddo's used it. They're too big now. It's a great brand, and although it's alittle more costly, it's worth it as it's not cheaply made and it's constructed for easy use for the user and comfort for the child. I hope that helps. There is also a stroller group on yahoo groups (sounds crazy but it's very helpful) with a person that goes by stroller queen. She's researched tons of strollers and is a

good resource. If the Maclaren is too much for you, try talking to her as she may know of something better for less, but the market is more limited when searching for a stroller for a bigger child unfortunately, and that's what pushed our hands to get wheelchairs. I put alot of research in this, as I would have rather had a bigger stroller vs wheelchair. I've seen quite a few that I thought were big strollers but they're not and are classified as wheelchairs even though it was hard to see any difference other than size. Those wheelchairs (that look like strollers) can be pretty costly too. You could find one of those on craigs or ebay though for a better deal possibly. Insurance paid for our boys wheelchairs, but wouldn't have covered anything that was classified as a stroller. Our children's hospital helped us by going through the physical medicine dept, and having vendors picked out and having met

with them prior to the hospital appt, we got the drs script, therapists recommendations (they were there at the appt also) and I picked what I wanted (to some degree) and the vendor took all paperwork from that appt. and about 6 months later we got our chairs. Hope that helps. Take care and best of luck.

Joy

Subject: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] stroller recommendation neededTo: "DownSyndromeInfoExchange" <DownSyndromeInfoExchange >Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 9:50 PM

can anyone recommend a stroller for a 5 yr old who is 40# and 42" tall? (that doesn't cost an arm and a leg)

thanks

KathyR

Guest guest

When at WDW, I saw many families with the City Mini that they rented from the

Orlando Stroller Rental company. Albee has then on sale, and certain colors

reduced price. I had great service from ordering from this online store.

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-sale-items.html

>

>

>

> Subject: [DownSyndromeInfoExchange] stroller recommendation needed

> To: " DownSyndromeInfoExchange " <DownSyndromeInfoExchange >

> Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 9:50 PM

>

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> can anyone recommend a stroller for a 5 yr old who is 40# and 42 " tall? (that

doesn't cost an arm and a leg)

> thanks

> KathyR

>